Close

Hybrid View

Man of La Pancha

Quote Originally Posted by DumLuc
    You seriously

need some professional counseling, Sigfreed. You posts are an obvious cry for help, and the kind of amature feedback

your getting from the forum is only adding to your problem.

Your problem is serious enough that only a skilled

professional will be able to help you, and it won't be an easy or quick fix.

Of course you will undoubtedly

remain in a state of denial and ignore my advice;though all one can do is try to help.

Yes, it will be scary for

you to go face to face with a professional thearapist, but it is something you must realize will be of benefit to

you in the long run;whereas the type of psudeo threapy your receiving from the forum, by airing your dirty laundry

on line to a bunch of strangers, only serves to perpetuate your problem.

I know, already your dismissing my

advice, yet go back to the beginning of this thread and read what you've posted. Be objective, read it from an

outsiders point of view and if your honest with yourself you will realize that you need HELP, professional help and

right away.
    If everyone who had a girl problem needed professional help...well, then, we'd all be

committed.

He's just venting frustration (he can't get what he wants) and helplessness (there's

nothing he can do about it). Let him be. As far as comparing the amateur advice on this forum to the professional

advice of a therapist, a therapist would not approach the subject of giving him advice on how to pick up girls, so I

do not think they deserve a comparison. A therapist would, however, help people to learn to be confident in

themselves, handle their inner problems, and accept the things they cannot change while taking strides to improve

what they can.

Not everyone takes rejection well, but that doesn't directly result in the need for therapy per

se.

The internet allows us to vent and whine about problems we normally wouldn't bother other people with at

all. It's an interesting new coping mechanism until we get over something...or someone. The greatest part about

it is everyone else chooses whether or not to suffer the torture of "listening to it" (aka reading it)...I

personally feel that anyone who takes the time to complain about a thread forgets that they chose to read it in the

first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho1188
    The greatest

part about it is everyone else chooses whether or not to suffer the torture of "listening to it" (aka reading

it)...I personally feel that anyone who takes the time to complain about a thread forgets that they chose to read it

in the first place.
    Pancho,

You forget that there's a handful of us who HAVE to read these posts.

Try this: Go back to the first page and start reading every word of every post as though you had never read them

before. Don't forget to carefully scan every quote as you go along because this user arrived on the forum with

links appearing in seemingly random words throughout the parts of his posts that were quotes of other user's posts.

If by the time that you've finished you're not ready to pass the hat and contribute generously to get this guy a

Dr. Kevorkian gift certificate, then I'll send your name along to my buddy in the Sistine Chapel, because you're

Pope material pal!

Oscar

Thread Information