Close

Phero Pro

Default Does Riding a Motorbike increase Pheromone Production?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    This might seem far fetched and fantasy, but each time im in my leathers and jump off my

Scooter, its not a Harley fat boy or a Classic chrome Triumph but its good, a very fast cool looking scooter, I have

girls stare at me, sometimes initiate the eye contact, sometimes initiate a chat. Now what I want to know, because

of the amount of endomorphins released after a ride through town, could natural pheromone production also be

increased and released?

Or could this be a social reaction, women finding guys on motor bikes more attractive

because they are perceived to be more risk taking and a little bit more of an outlaw, going against the grain, ( the

fighter pilot effect on them ) perhaps a little more alpha male.

One thing I have gathered though is that

there is a marked difference in their response and attention with me at least when I get off my bike and walk in say

a café or bar with my leathers, Helmut and leather gloves. And the response-reaction is always positive, almost

always immediatly flirty.

Mind you im not a hells-angels type rider, I couldnt be on my scooter anyway, no

beard, clean shaven etc, I dont project danger.

Who owns a bike here and feels the same?

Yes I have a superbike (yamaha R1)

at 21 in the UK and girls are curious about what I am about when I walk into a room with my biking gear.

However, I doubt it is due to pheromones unless you get scared on your bike and increase you testosterone

naturally during and straight after finishing your trip (do you release massive amounts of adrenaline and

testosterone on yer scooter?!!)

Maybe when I was trying to outrun

the police. I actually ditched them several times by going off-road with my old Honda 450. I felt extremely macho

and was probably dripping with 'none. Too bad I was out in the bush by myself hiding for hours...

My impression

is that very young women--jailbait--tend to be turned on by risky behavior. When they get a little older women oft

think you're immature if you engage in high risk sports.

Incidentally, unless a biker groupie, most young women

wouldn't know the diff between a Honda Pacific Coast and a Harley hog with suicide shifter. So cruising on your

scooter may be just as much a turn-on to a young thang as a vintage Triumph or BMW...
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi
    My impression is

that very young women--jailbait--tend to be turned on by risky behavior.
    Not necessarily the

behavior. All I need do is put on a couple fake tattoos to get more attention from the young

stuff.

When they get a little older women oft think you're immature if you engage in high

risk sports.
    I don't think there's an age limit for women who prefer alpha males--the type that

engage in high risk behavior, not just sports. However, as women mature, they appear to learn more about risk/reward

ratios, and sometimes alpha males do not provide sufficient rewards.

Incidentally, unless a

biker groupie, most young women wouldn't know the diff between a Honda Pacific Coast and a Harley hog with suicide

shifter. So cruising on your scooter may be just as much a turn-on to a young thang as a vintage Triumph or

BMW...
    I strongly dissagree. Too many occassions where women have commented on my Valkyrie (6

cyclinder Honda with lots of chrome, 100 HP and 100 lbs torque) compared to other bikes: Kawasaki Concours,

Goldwing, BMW, even most stock Harleys (since I have more chrome). Only one sport bike gets as much attention: a

Kawasaki ZZR, which simply put, looks "fast" (and is with approx 140 HP) Last Tuesday, as I was leaving the bar, one

young lady commented that "I like Harley's, but your bike looks great!"

I've ridden and average of 15,000

miles per year since 2000, so may be more experienced that others in this regard. Even moved to the mountains of NW

Georgia for the great roads and riding weather.

JVK

Phero Pro

Gegogi, you are right, girls

usually cant tell the difference in makes and models when it comes to motorbikes, a friend of mine owns a relatively

cheap Yamaha Virago that looks similar to a Harley, its a cheap cruiser, all the girls that he comes across think

that its a Harley even though its 1/10 of the price of a Harley, as long as its clean and has lots of shiney chrome

I dont think most can tell the difference. So you might be right on that note with regards to my scooter. As for

outrunning the Police, its a great feeling isnt it? Ive done it in a car, I knew my neighbourhood better than they

did and all the little lanes and roads, so when they put thier lights on, I hit pedal to the metal and outran them,

I did have something to hide mind you, otherwise I would have just pulled over, they got stuck in traffic and I

disapeared like a Ghost, makes you feel like the outlaw Billy the Kid. Its a buzz.

cvr, I hardly ride fast

enough to have my testosterone or adrenaline increase to any real high level, my scooter just doesnt allow high

speeds, its happened once but thats when I had an accident and fell off it.

Like they say, if you own a

motorbike, its not a matter of if your gonna fall off it, its a matter of when, it will happen at least once in your

riding life. Law of probability. Just like using pheromones, law of probability means you will have

hits.

jvkohl, 15,000 miles per year?, thats impressive, thats probably more than what a hells angels or

bandidos rider would do and they boast at thier motorbike prowess, they say Ghengis Khan never got off his horse,

seems like you never get off your bike!

15 K ain't hard if it's your

main mode of transport.

Incidentally, although I out ran the fuzz several times, they eventually nailed me by

going to my home... Alas, I was young and dumb as a stick.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Quote Originally Posted by bronzie
    jvkohl, 15,000

miles per year?, thats impressive, thats probably more than what a hells angels or bandidos rider would do and they

boast at thier motorbike prowess, they say Ghengis Khan never got off his horse, seems like you never get off your

bike!
    I work in a lab that's 4 miles away three days a week, and use the bike almost exclusively for

recreational riding. However, I did ride to a conference last year in Minot ND (approx 4000 miles round trip), and

next week will ride for a second time in three years to a conference in Florida. In 2004 I rode to Bike Week in

Daytona, FL and also to the rally in Sturgis, SD. I tend to stay off the Interstate so the miles add up quick, and

invariably take side trips to visit friends and family.

JVK

Default Women & shiny chrome

Maybe women

just like lots of shiny chrome? It is eye catching, looks clean & smells of prosperity. Any ladies like to comment?

Phero Dude

I know of a guy that chromed his

vespa but had to take it off the road as it was "too shiney"
    early 40's white male or or

Phero Dude

Something that you forgot is that

women will often asses not only your method of transportation,but they will also make judgements regarding your

clothes,haircut and accesories like watches and rings.A nice bike is a nice bike,regardless of the make and model

and its not hard to recognize a nice bike when you see one even if you have no idea what it is.Cars are much the

same.Look at a few european luxury super cars and suddenly you can tell the difference between a nice car and a

Dodge Aries K.

In my neck of the woods,there are a fair number of women who know the difference between a nice

pickup truck and a crappy pickup truck.And the size of the tires and the lift kit is the standard.Stock

truck=uncool. Heavily modified truck=cool.Heavily modified truck with mud and dents=waaaay cooler still.Not only did

you dump vast amounts of disposable income into it but you know how to use it too.Disposable income = good

provider.Nice bike=disposable income.Ferrari=disposable income.1984 Subaru with a cracked windshield that sounds

like a broken sewing machine=looooooser.Women dont date loosers.
    "The wages of sin is death.But after taxes it's just sort of a tired feeling realy." -Ellen DeGeneres

Default hey bronzie

What about getting

yourself a Harley. Tough and mean bikes. That always seem to have a babe riding on the back of them, with some

scruffy looking guy at the front.

My opinion women are attracted to danger as a personality type. Hence people

who ride bikes exude this very thing. Thus some women can be attracted to it.

" imparting knowledge without

prejudice enriches the soul"

Women are attracted to high risk

behavior because it indicates healthy genes. Women will not usually have long term relationships with these kind of

guys, but they are attracted to them at a deep level. Genes that create high risk behavior are indicators of

offspring that are likely to be healthy and be able to procreate themselves (evolutionary psychologists call this

the "sexy baby" theory).

Remember, procreation is actually a more important evoltionary imparitive than is

survival. It doesn't matter if a human male makes it to old age, as long as he makes it til he's old enough to

have offspring. And if his behaviors indicate that he has healthy genes, women will be atracted to those

behaviors.

Phero Pro

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    Women are

attracted to high risk behavior because it indicates healthy genes. Women will not usually have long term

relationships with these kind of guys, but they are attracted to them at a deep level. Genes that create high risk

behavior are indicators of offspring that are likely to be healthy and be able to procreate themselves (evolutionary

psychologists call this the "sexy baby" theory).

Remember, procreation is actually a more important

evoltionary imparitive than is survival. It doesn't matter if a human male makes it to old age, as long as he makes

it til he's old enough to have offspring. And if his behaviors indicate that he has healthy genes, women will be

atracted to those behaviors.

I disagree with you on this, I understand that you are looking at

this from a purely evolutionary angle. However, the last 100-50 years has changed the psycology of man so much that

what you suggest here is not correct. Woman now more than ever, look for stability and security in an unsecure

changing world, and that not only means they seek a Male that will offer them healthy genes for thier offspring, but

a very long prosperus future for thier offspring to survive and continue thier gene pool, living long is a plus as

its on piece to the puzzle that they seek.

Although woman do have some instinctual behaviours that are hard

wired with, social conformity and social change means that thier minds have changed, remember the human mind is

maleable, it can change, and will conform to the culture and enviroment of the time.

Icons like James Dean,

live fast, die young are just a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by bronzie
    I disagree with you

on this, I understand that you are looking at this from a purely evolutionary angle. However, the last 100-50 years

has changed the psycology of man so much that what you suggest here is not correct. Woman now more than ever, look

for stability and security in an unsecure changing world, and that not only means they seek a Male that will offer

them healthy genes for thier offspring, but a very long prosperus future for thier offspring to survive and continue

thier gene pool, living long is a plus as its on piece to the puzzle that they seek.
    With ice ages

coming and going, tribes forming into nations and other events, the world has long been "insecure and changing".

This in not some new invention of the last 50-100 years. There are some deep "gut level" responses that, while they

can be "papered over" with "modern" conventions still remain to be acted on at an unconcious level. 50, 100 or even

1,000 years of "civilization" is not going to undo millions of years of evolution, it's going to take a bit longer.

We might like to think we are so "modern and civilized" with our modern tools, but these "modern tools" are simply

better sticks and rocks that our ancestors were using a million years ago. A nuclear bomb is simply a bigger stone

to throw at our enemy.
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

So, a few thousand years of

civialization are going to conteract millions of years of evolution! Not likely.

Women have ALWAYS looked for

stable males to form long term bonds with. They need to have male that will help raise their child. But that

doesn't mean they won't be attracted and have sex with "bad boys" or risk takers to have healthier offspring that

are more likey to reproduce.

It's not a rational decision. These type of men are attractive to women at a

deep subconscious level. There's nothing women can do about it!

Why is there study after study that shows

that women are more attracted to more manly, alpha-male types when they're ovulating and more feminine men during

the rest of the month?

There have been several studies recently that have showed that between 10% and 20% of

all humans are fathered by some one other than the person they think is their father! This is accross all cultures,

religions, social groups, etc.

Read one of the following books,

The Mating Mind : How Sexual Choice

Shaped the Evolution of Human Nature

The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature

The

Evolution of Desire: Strategies of Human Mating
    Last edited by phersurf; 04-24-2006 at 05:35 PM.

Thread Information