Close

Journeyman

Post red meat and attraction

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrack
    I found that if I eat red meat, then my body odor and etc. does change as well. I would say that it

does not make me less horney, but I think it makes women more passionate and spontanious around me. If you are

going to meet a woman, try eating red meat and just wearing nol as an experiment. It works for me.... Or just a

very happy coincidence...
    At the risk of drifting slightly off topic, the book "Sex, Time and Power:

How Women's Sexuality Shaped Human Evolution" by Leonard Shlain is interesting.

He suggests that "monthly

menses was an evolutionary trait that gave humans a powerful survival tool, the ability to anticipate the future,

but at a cost to women, severe blood iron loss... [T]he risks associated with childbirth led to women's veto power

on sex, which compelled men to become hunter-gatherers to scare up iron-rich meat to bargain for sexual

favors".

Also, eating meat provides more cholesterol, which is a precursor to pregnenolone, DHEA and the

androgens that are converted on your skin to pheromones.

Most anthropologists believe

men became hunter gatherers due to climate change. As the climate dried the forests with abundant food for the

picking receded. As a matter of survival man had to go after bigger game containing higher food values. The

following ice age cemented that behavoir as tropical forests were virtually wiped out across the entire planet.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

Post iron

Yes, I agree that his

perspective is far from complete. I thought it was an interesting idea nonetheless.

I think he has cause and effect

backwards in this instance. The iron rich foods forced on humans increased serum iron levels producing a healthier

species better able to reproduce and compete in the wild. There is also question about whether the human body

adapted to use those nutrients since prior to that point man, while an omnivore, ate mostly plant matter. The

dietary change from primarily fruits, vegetables and insects too meat forced development of our manual dexterity

allowing us to better use our crude tools. As our jaws were needed less and less to rend and tear our faces changed

allowing the development of speech. These truly major changes were brought on by global climate change which

resulted in dietary change and so on. It seems reasonable that our internal organs adapted tio the change in diet

and living conditions as well as the rest of us.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth
    I think he

has cause and effect backwards in this instance. The iron rich foods forced on humans increased serum iron levels

producing a healthier species better able to reproduce and compete in the wild.
    My sense is that

iron is of mixed nutritional value to men. It increases free radical production and can promote the growth of

certain kinds of unhealthy bacteria. Meat and fish aren't the only source of iron - lentils and beans also provide

it (though it is in a form that is less well absorbed).

The rest of your post I would not disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by PheroQuirk
    My sense is

that iron is of mixed nutritional value to men. It increases free radical production and can promote the growth of

certain kinds of unhealthy bacteria. Meat and fish aren't the only source of iron - lentils and beans also provide

it (though it is in a form that is less well absorbed).

The rest of your post I would not disagree

with.
    You're right and I probably should have phrased it differently. Man did not simply start eating meat

to the exclusion of other foodstuffs. All animals, whether carnivore or vegetarian have to have some source of iron.

Man's metabolism already could use the iron, it simply became more plentiful as did the cholesteral which may have

increased the birth rate although I have no proof of that. Other nutrients were absolutely necessary as well. It's

been hinted at time and again but I wonder how many villages perished due to malnutrition over the ages.

You can

see where I think he has it backwards?

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Rbt
    I have

noticed on a limited unscientific basis that some people I know who don't eat very often or very much ("only when I

feel hungry") also seem to have a low sex drive. Link?
    I know that one person does not make a

significant statistical difference but ... euh... NOPE!

Then again there's always the exception that

confirms the rule, right!
    Treasure Every Moment that you have
    Yesterday is History - Tomorrow is a Mystery
    Today is a Gift - That's why It's called the Present!
    (Unknown source)

Visionary7903

Quote Originally Posted by Rbt
    I have

noticed on a limited unscientific basis that some people I know who don't eat very often or very much ("only when I

feel hungry") also seem to have a low sex drive. Link?
    Well one of the well known side effects of

Calorie Restriction with Optimal Nutrients (CRON), which is practiced by some people as an anti-ageing diet, is a

LOWERED libido.

I think diet is but one of many factors that influence someone's pheromone signature. Sure a

person eating healthy is more likely to produce a good pheromone signature but this does not always happen. Two of

the people i knew that i thought had a very good pheromone signature were chubby and only ate OK food - one also got

stoned often and drank alcohol often and was a chick magnet.

I think getting your testosterone/androgen levels

higher by taking supplements would be the most useful strategy to improve your internal pheromone production (like

pregnenolone, DHEA, Horny Goat Weed, Tribulus, Damiana, etc). I was reading one of the old threads where one

reputable poster was getting powerful pheromone-type hits similar to NPA/m (when you hit 'the sweet spot') after

taking supplements like horny goat weed and other herbs. He stopped this however when he noticed signs of too much

testosterone like hair falling out, etc.

I also read somewhere on the forum that a few guys who got the best

results from putting on artificial pheromones had a real love of hot chilli-type foods- perhaps the temporary

increase in sweating and skin temperature that such foods produce may result in a more powerful mone dispersal

effect.

Combining a diet rich in testosterone-enhancing foods (such as Oatmeal, Garlic, and possibly Meat which

is a good source of both cholestorol and iron), drinking lots of water and sweating it out through exercise and hot

foods, would probably be the best way to improve pheromone results. If you wanted to go the whole hog you could try

taking a powerful supplement such as Super Horny Goat Weed to increase your androgen levels (I think Watcher and

Mobley were trying this in a thread a few years back). Of course it may be a bit risky to just play around with your

hormones like that so save yourself the trouble and order artificial mones from Bruce!

Visionary

Thread Information