Close

Thread: Smoking..

Default Smoking..

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Any good ways of kicking

the habit? I love my ciggarettes, but my lungs don't.

Help!

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshoumaru
    Any good ways

of kicking the habit? I love my ciggarettes, but my lungs don't.

Help!
    JUST DO IT!

Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

It's not that easy... part

of my mind is saying "a few ciggarettes a day won't hurt" and the other's saying "this stuff is really bad for

you... ect.." The reason it's so hard to quit is because I just started (2 weeks ago?). Is smoking really

that bad???

It's how I quit after 15

years. Rather than saying I'm quiting, say, I don't smoke! It's hard as hell at first but gets easier. Your

addiction shouldn't be that bad to break now because it's so new, a long term user is supposed to have a much

harder time.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth
    It's

how I quit after 15 years.
    Rather than saying I'm quiting, say, I don't smoke! It's hard as hell at first but

gets easier. Your addiction shouldn't be that bad to break now because it's so new, a long term user is supposed

to have a much harder time.
    Whoa thats a long time... and i'm here worrying about smoking 2-3 "N3wport

Mediums" a day. And it's only been 3 weeks? Well I guess what everyone is wondering.. how many

cigarettes/cigars whatever... did you smoke a day, how did it affect your health when you were smoking and how are

you doing now?

Dude, 3 weeks?

Suck it up

and give 'em up (hey thats pretty good... )
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

Whoa thats a

long time... and i'm here worrying about smoking 2-3 "N3wport Mediums" a day. And it's only been 3 weeks?

Well I guess what everyone is wondering.. how many cigarettes/cigars whatever... did you smoke a day, how did it

affect your health when you were smoking and how are you doing now?
    About a pack a day and it really

screwed with my wind. I am basically a healthy person and had no health related issues. I quit almost 12 years ago

now and the lingering effects are long gone.

I have little sympathy for you, you haven't smoked for long. Just

quit. Hard candies help a lot.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

King of the coupons!

It's not

that easy... part of my mind is saying "a few ciggarettes a day won't hurt" and the other's saying "this stuff is

really bad for you... ect.." The reason it's so hard to quit is because I just started (2 weeks ago?). Is

smoking really that bad???
    Being serious ... it's only as hard as YOUR brain thinks it is, and I

understand people are different, which means everyone of us has our strengths in different areas in the way we

handle certain situations. I smoked for 25 years. Stopped for 3 months about the 15 year time frame. On March the

4th, 2002, I got home from school with six cigarettes left and no funds. I smoked my 6th cig, and started on the

butts. On 4 March 2002 at 6:30 p.m. I smoked my sixth butt and quit! In August of 2002, that sexy red

pack of Marlboro's seduced me. I smoked that hot, sexy, beautiful pack, and haven't touched a cigarette

since!

Mobley's story

Tis hard, but tis do-able. Lace up your shoes tightly, pull your pants

up high, tighten up your belt, ball up a powerful fist on your strong hand, and give it your BEST shot. Could

be
    ... it's only as hard as YOU THINK, Sess.
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Any good ways

of kicking the habit? I love my ciggarettes, but my lungs don't.

Help!
    A good buddy of mine

tried hypnosis....and it worked. Everytime someone would smoke around him afterward it was almost comical. The

smell was absolutely revolting to him at first, but after a bit it was like it didn't phase him. He hasn't smoked

since. I'm really having some personal battles going on in my head (YES, I KNOW, IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD).

I see every positive behind quitting, but I honestly still enjoy smoking. I know the sheer amount/type/etc of

women that one could choose from would also go up 10 fold if I was a non-smoker, but then my "demon" side (you know,

that little devil on your shoulder?) starts saying, "yah, but there's lots of women who smoke too!" Some of the

hottest 8's, 9's, and 10's that I know are smokers...but there's a lot more who aren't.

I absolutely

admire people who quit smoking. My dad smoked for over 30 years (I'm coming on 10 years myself) and he quit. He

was kinda forced to though. He was bit by a dog and the doctor didn't get the wound cleaned out properly. It got

infected and he was laid up in the hospital for a month. (It was really a bad situation). They had to remove most

of the muscle from his forearm only to find out they still didn't kill the infection. Anyways, he was laid up in

the hospital and couldn't smoke...I sometimes think that bite was a blessing in disguise.

If you've never

smoked, never tried to quit, or are one of those narrow minded individuals who get a kick out of harrassing smokers,

you have no idea of the iron fist that smoking holds you under. I know that quitting smoking most

likely be the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life, but I also think it will feel the most rewarding of

anything I've ever done too. I will quit...sometime.

P.S. - Studies have now shown, harrassing a

smoker about their smoking now poses a great risk to their health!
    "I 'mone, You 'mone, make her moan with pheromones!"
    -Me (I jes made that up)

Hatch

I quit smoking a long

time ago, back when you didn't have all the support, aids and knowledge about how to make it easier. It was hard to

do! It was also well worth it. My reasons were my own and until I had those reasons I couldn't quit either. When

you can find something strong enough to motivate you you'll quit. These anti-smoking nazis aren't going to help

you. They think they are helping by being a pain in the backside but all they really do is make offensive asses of

themselves and encourage the smokers to fight them harder, ignore them.

Good luck to you. It isn't easy but

you'll be happy that you did.

Thomas Jefferson

Bel', how did you quit? Plain

old cold turkey? That's gotta be tough, but its probably the way I'll try to go when I finally find my personal

motivation to quit.
    -Me (I jes made that up)

I took a six day backpacking

trip with a group of non-smoking friends through the high sierras and didn't take cigarettes with me. They told me

that they never worried about bears on that trip because I would have chased it down and torn it apart with my

teeth. I was just a little short tempered but it worked. By time I got back most of the craving was gone.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth
    I took a six day

backpacking trip with a group of non-smoking friends through the high sierras and didn't take cigarettes with me.

They told me that they never worried about bears on that trip because I would have chased it down and torn it apart

with my teeth. I was just a little short tempered but it worked. By time I got back most of the craving was

gone.
    That's a hell of an idea. I don't know if I have many non-smoking friends who would be free or

willing to take such an adventure. I kinda feel limited by my resources in terms of what methods I could try to

quit.
    -Me (I jes made that up)

Quote Originally Posted by hatch
    That's a hell of

an idea. I don't know if I have many non-smoking friends who would be free or willing to take such an adventure. I

kinda feel limited by my resources in terms of what methods I could try to quit.
    In my case, it was an

opportunity at the right time. I've made a lot of those excursions but used this one to my advantage. The point is

to get completely away from cigarettes for about a week. If they aren't available you can't cheat, right? Look for

a way to avoid the chance to smoke for a week. By then the worst of it should be over.

Thomas Jefferson

Why the hell did you

start?

I'm always curious why people make such dumb choices. It's not meant as an insult, I'm just curious

about the thought process.

How old are you? Statistics show that if a person doesn't start smoking by the

age of 19, i's almost 100% that they'll never start.

It may be only 3 a day now, but several years from now

it will be a pack. Do you think that smokers start right off smoking a pack a day? I've seen it happen many times.

I had a friend that only smoked when he drank, that lasted for about a year. Then he was up to 1/2 a pack a day

before he came to the conclusion that he was being a nucklehead.

Banned User

My almost 21 yr old little brother

picked up smoking. He figures as long as he's smoking only what others give him, he's not addicted. As in if he's

not buying packs of cigs for himself.

I don't know about that statistic.

But who knows, maybe that doesn't

factor in stoners. My little brother is a big stoner, and started smoking dank before 19. Maybe it's alittle bit of

a gateway thing into cigarettes too.

Sometimes over analysing can be

your worst enemy when it comes to motivation. Do the courageous thing and just do it.

I have respect for anyone

that quits, I wish more of my friends were the same.
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

Stranger

You need to quit and have to be strong enough to take this decision because your will power counts a lot on this decision and do take because it is bad for health.

Stranger

Default Hi

Smoking is a deadly addiction. It is not so difficult to get rid of this but some people just don't have the stamina to fight back. I would like sharing a quote here which I found at quoteocean.com:
    "The best way to stop smoking is to just stop – no ifs, ands or butts".

<Link Removed>
    Last edited by belgareth; 09-06-2011 at 03:48 AM. Reason: removed link

Stranger

Smoking is such an very bad habits. Smoking is the main reason of cancer. If you want to live healthier life then you must have to avoid smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by alentrott View Post
    Smoking is such an very bad habits. Smoking is the main reason of cancer. If you want to live healthier life then you must have to avoid smoking.
    You are absolutely right. Hey, listen carefully. Smoking never helps. Understand it carefully. Only a better understanding of how harmful it is for your life can save your life.

Stranger

Smoking is bad habit, as well as dangerous for health........

Stranger

cigarette smoking is very harmful to health,it caused number of health issues like lung cancer,heart stroke ,blood pressure,sexual illness and many more.so avoid smoking is the best way to save life.I have heard that meditation helps to quit smoking.

Stranger

smoking cigarette contain nicotine,nicotine is very toxic and vasco constrictor substance which tightens the blood vessels and block the blood flow which may causes damage in arteries,since man erection will not be possible due to lack of blood flow,which is called as sexual dysfunction.

Stranger

Smoking does not have good benefits at our health.
    The worst thing that could happen to a person is when he could not escape the addiction in smoking because
    I personally knew some people who could not make it through a day without smoked a 3 packs of cigarette.

Last edited by belgareth; 07-24-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Stranger

Smoking is a very fatal vice, as much as possible, please avoid it, if you cannot, just lessen the usage then eventually stop it.

Stranger

Hi Sesshoumaru,
    Some effective tips for you to kick smoking.
    Set a quit day and make it special for you. Ask your friends and family to support you and avoid going to places where you might found smokers. Do not buy cigarettes, keep money you would spend on cigarettes in a saving jar and plan for a treat tomorrow. Do start some sport, exercise or any physical activity.

Very good advice.

Thanks for all the thoughtful posts,
    B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Thread Information