Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by tribal View Post
    By Tisha23

"Another reason neroli was chosen is because they know that people want to use there own scents sometimes. Neroli

blends with just about anything. Foody scents, Musky scents, florals. It dosnt alter the cover scent. Many perfumers

use it, not as part of the scent but because it is so diffusive and can create more sillage (vapor trial) for there

perfume formulas. Sillage is important, it carries the mones around the targets and gently creates that pull to

you
    . "
    I see. In my personal opinion, I don't think she knows what she is talking about. Of

course, I do reserve the right to be wrong. However, mones create their own cloud which likely mixes with any other

scents but I do not believe that the scent does anything to carry the mones.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Banned User

Default Response From Dial

Mr.

(XXXXX)
    Page 1

October 13, 2009

Dear Mr. (XXXXX):

Thank you for taking the time to contact

us regarding a cleansing product we manufacture.

Unfortunately, the percentages of ingredients is proprietary

information and not available for dissemination.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Consumer

Affairs

If you should need to contact us again regarding this matter please refer to the following

contact number:
    XXXXX

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. THE MAILBOX IS USED FOR OUTBOUND EMAILS

ONLY.

I didn't think they'd release any extra information but it was worth a shot. I agree w/ you Bel, a

distribution of this magnitude would have to be from another lab, maybe their own. Of course putting

.000000000001ncg of A1 in the soap could justify their claims of being "pheromone infused". Only testing will

tell.

I gave the product a shot during my

shower this morning. About the only immediate reaction is that I don't like the "slimey" feel that many body

washes, including this one, seem to leave behind. I guess it's done on the basis that it makes it feel like you

have softer skin, but to me it was uncomfortable and I rinsed a lot longer than usual to try to minimize the feel.

Scent-wise it was okay, pretty much faded down as expected to near nothing by afternoon.

As for pheromone

effects? Who knows... I'd have to test it for a lot longer and in more diverse situations, along with a "control"

product (non-pheromone enhanced).

So far, as far as I'm concerned, it's just a basic body wash product. Only

time will tell. If it tells at all.
    Last edited by Rbt; 10-13-2009 at 05:12 PM.
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    I

didn't think they'd release any extra information but it was worth a shot. I agree w/ you Bel, a distribution of

this magnitude would have to be from another lab, maybe their own. Of course putting .000000000001ncg of A1 in the

soap could justify their claims of being "pheromone infused". Only testing will tell.
    I agree as

well. One thing I will note is the ingredients are listed from largest to smallest. So, there is more A1 than

preservatives but less than the salt content. At least that gives us some information. Though the amount of

stabilizers and preservatives is not a lot, the pheromone content should be enough to be active. I'm not in any way

a chemist but have worked with some organic compounds that required perservative and have something of a feel for

it.

I'd agree about the bond too but am too weak in chemistry to really be certain if it would happen or not.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    I

see. In my personal opinion, I don't think she knows what she is talking about. Of course, I do reserve the right

to be wrong. However, mones create their own cloud which likely mixes with any other scents but I do not believe

that the scent does anything to carry the mones.
    To me, in order for the scent to "carry" the

pheromones, the molecules would have to form a bond. I can't speak on the molecular stability of synthetic

pheromones. A study conducted by the EPA called "Polar Organic Compounds In Fragrances Of Consumers" claims the

tested fragrances contained ninety percent of the chemicals listed in the EPA's hazardous waste list. That's a lot

of molecules that could possibly carry or even break down pheromones. Keep in mind I'm not a chemist.

Thread Information