First of

all, it was a joke. Second of all, it wasn\'t referring to what sustains a relationship but what differentiates

it.

I didn\'t say for a second that regular sex would give you a great, successful relationship. I said

it\'s the main output from having one. Looking at it from an emotionally-neutral, cynical standpoint (including

the \"nobody has a soulmate, just someone you can stand long enough to live with\" philosophy), what else does it

give you that you couldn\'t get from your best friend?

Relationships require communication, love,

support, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

As far as what you want from a relationship? Well, you\'ve

better be getting one of two things:

1. Peace of mind that you have the most wonderful person that you

connect with on an unbelievably close level and feel that no matter what happens in your life you will always love

and be loved by that one special person in your life.
2. Regular sex.

I\'m sorry, if you\'re cheap

like me, 3 things:

3. Split the cost of rent/mortgage and utilities...tax breaks...etc.

But you can

have a relationship and not live together, so it\'s more of a bonus for co-habitating relationships.

Even

then, I\'d see #1 as a stretch for differentiating from friendship because I felt that way about my best female

friend before we actually started going out...

Anyway, it was a joke, just like my horrible

simplification above, and anyone who knew me well enough, even in the confines of this forum, would know that I was

giving a cynically analytical view that doesn\'t reflect at all the feelings I have of relationships...since most

people make fun of me on here for idealizing marriage for being the thing I hope I will one day be able to properly

(as in forever) engage in when the appropriate time comes.

As for being a horn-dog...\"Don\'t worry about

me. I won a contest!!!\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PS: I am fully aware that I make bad jokes. The

person/people giving every one of my postings 1-star remind(s) me every day. Maybe one day he/she/they will upgrade

to wasting a few minutes of their time telling me exactly why and how bad my postings suck...besides the obvious.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]