Dudes,

I think we\'re all in basic agreement here. There are some metaphysical issues here that we\'ll never resolve, only illuminate -if we\'re lucky.

Are we only our conscience mind? Of course not! That\'s only part of the human control system, and a small part at that. Subconscience (limbic) motivations are even more vaild that reason, in many cases. Zen would argue that we are happiest if we let go of the conscienous mindfulness.

My purpose was not to rationalize my behavior, just to explore the boundaries of the ethical and compare this new technique to other motivators and changers of others\' behavior. The possible unethical uses of pheromones seem to me to be adjuncts to other unethical behaviors. Case 1 - seducing an underage person; case 2 - using pheromones to intimidate in a sales situation - think car salesmen that get you in a room and apply pressure.

Like most tools, pheromones seem to be value-less in and of themselves - only humans generate ethical values and behaviors.

I think the ultimate test is the Golden Rule - would you use pheromones in ways that you wouldn\'t want used against you?