Close

Thread: Pheros

Hybrid View

I am so glad I got a bottle of this. I've used about 1/4 of it, and only break it out for special occasions. It smells gooooood... and it also goes well with my scented chikara and as a cover for my unscented TE.

I saw a perfumers-site (from which I bought stuff years ago) that claimed they could - more or less anyways - replicate almost any fragrance and make it oilbased, i.e. the carrier would be oil and not alcohol.

Now I would assume that Pheros would be hard to replicate, but it would be interesting to see whether they could replicate the scent or not. From what DST writes I would assume that this replica - if ever mafe - wouldn´t have the qualities the "real" Pheros has, what with all the natural ingredients, but maybe just an approximation of the scent.

Quote Originally Posted by real_wiseman View Post
    I saw a perfumers-site (from which I bought stuff years ago) that claimed they could - more or less anyways - replicate almost any fragrance and make it oilbased, i.e. the carrier would be oil and not alcohol.

Now I would assume that Pheros would be hard to replicate, but it would be interesting to see whether they could replicate the scent or not. From what DST writes I would assume that this replica - if ever mafe - wouldn´t have the qualities the "real" Pheros has, what with all the natural ingredients, but maybe just an approximation of the scent.

At the risk of drawing a too-distant analogy, that would be like reproducing the Mona Lisa in a paint-by-numbers kit.

Beyond the difficulty of obtaining the proper ingredients - and that's enough in itself - Doc put a lot of artful blending and intuitive understanding of what he wanted to achieve into the process. I think its a matter of Pheros being greater than the sum of its parts, rare as they may be.

Think of it as a great film, it can only be made once.

I guess someone could come close, but the cost would be prohibitive and the result would inevitably be far less than the original.

A factor that also must be considered is what it does, not only how it smells. Analogue pheromones give Pheros a dimensional aspect that few products can match.

PS Doc, I think you should post information about your friend who is working with analogue pheromones and scents. I don't see a competitive problem if he's not doing lab 'mones. I think Bruce is working on the PM situation.

Idesign,
    You are absolutely right of course and I agree with you, it would probably be quite hard to get all the ingredients.

It was just an idea how to preserve the scent (not the effect, since that would imply that you need the original ingredients) since I really like it. But as of now, my bottle is 3/4 full so I have quite a long time left.

I too would very much like to hear more of the analogue pheros DST mentioned and would like to be included in a "PM-group" so to speak (or a closed part of the forum or similar).

// rw

Hi DST
    I am really interested in finding out more about these 'analog pheremones'. If you could email me at: <Email address deleted> I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Abe
    Last edited by belgareth; 10-20-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bassbeats View Post
    Hi DST
    I am really interested in finding out more about these 'analog pheremones'. If you could email me at: <Email address deleted> I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Abe
    bassbeats,

I deleted your email address. Let me know if you want to share it with DST or others but don't post it openly. You'll get enough spam to sink a ship.

Any moderator will be happy to help you get in touch with other forum members through email.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Hi Belgareth
    I am not sure how to contact you privately to ask if you could do this
    but if you could send DST my email address that would be great!

Thanks

Thread Information