Close

Hybrid View

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

At the risk of getting our

business thread banned from the main board... (maybe just the digressed part)

IMHO, these perceptual abilities

are critically important for wisdom, which historically is a word and concept originally applied to a "grasp of

wholes" in Greek philosophy (where the term arose as we know it). You also had to lead a certain kind of whole life

(integrity, etc) to attain wisdom. For Plato (Republic) you had to a certain extent be born with the capability for

it.

Synaesthesia is a kind of holism, where sensory input is perceived not as discrete kinds of information, but

is always and from the beginning integrated and united as a whole. I think this "talent" also manifests itself in

terms of integrated modes of thought and perception (e.g., thought + intuition + emotion), and even right-left brain

integration. Some people just find it easy to think holistically, in my opinion, whereas others find it as foreign

as ancient Greek (black and white thinking is a common thought malady to observe in this case); in part, due to

cultural conditioning stunting their growth in that way.

I think all these abilities tend to go together for some

people (artists tend to have a knack for all of it, IMO).

Our cultural history devalued holism, to a large

extent because religion and its authority placed itself in charge of that department (yes, this is true, from the

Middle Ages onward. If you think too holistically, you start to tread on territory religion "has all the answers

already for"; like how to live a certain kind of whole life; so wisdom in common society was threatening to the

power structures. Nowadays politics also tries to take control of all the "big thoughts", or corporate bosses

valuing mindless employees, , etc) , and culture thoroughly eliminated holism from philosophy (now about disjointed

logic problems rather than big questions, etc) and the schools.

The industrial revolution introduced

specialization, science taught us to think of independent and disjointed facts, ecomomics teaches us to think of

short term wealth and ignore the big picture, etc., etc., etc. It's almost a kind of "fall of man" to me, on the

level of thought and perception. Wisdom has been incredibly devalued (e.g., how we treat our elderly; the role of

fathers as teachers in the family has disappeared, the devaluation of "feminine" modes of thinking, forgetting that

we're citizens of a whole planet, rich "vs". poor, man "vs" nature; seeing ourselves as individuals and missing our

connectedness and interdependency, reliance on sound bytes, disjointed shreds of info, etc, etc.).

It is

unbelievable the portion of the world's problems that can be explained pretty comprehensively according to this

"father of concepts", regarding the lack of wisdom and holism. It's hard to even hint at the breadth and depth of

examples from every mode of living, because the lack of wisdom/holism is everywhere, so institutionalized, and so

"normal". That is why I feel comfortable with a grandiose term like a "fall of man".

I could go on

forever, as I've contemplated writing a book on this topic for years, and even filled a few notebooks up

with preliminary work. Maybe this gives you a taste of it. Probably the better the book would be, the more it would

be dissed and ignored, precisely because our culture has detested wisdom; but you never know. It represents in some

sense the culmination of my studies of philosophy and related fields over the years.

But most people are so

deprived of wisdom, culturally, they can't even begin to grasp the concept, even though it's quite natural to

humans. Something needs to wake us up, and that doesn't seem to be happening too soon. Mother nature ("who" might

"wish" we didn't see ourselves so unholistically as separate from her and at war with her) will take care of

that for us eventually, but it might be too late.
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 09-20-2008 at 12:39 AM.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Stranger

I'd like to have a bottle of

Pheros to use 7 years from now. Which version do you believe would be better for long term storage, the regular or

concentrate version? Thanks!

Smile

Is Pheros concentrate still

available and how do you use it? What kinds of dilution ratios do you use?

Thanks

TG

Please try searching "Pheros

concentrate" for answers to both qustions. These issues have been covered multiple times here, and as I have been

saying, this is a product it helps to read about first.

I don't know if the concentrate is still available.

Bruce or Tammy would know.

nm.........

Just received Pheros this

afternoon. Haven't opened the bottle yet, but the paper that came wrapped around it smells awesome! Reminds me of

an incense I've smelt at places before, but never knew its name.

One question though. The paper says to mix w/

11ml of water. That would be 11ml relative to the whole contents of the bottle right? Wondered since I estimate

around 3ml in the bottle. So 11ml would be almost a 4x concentration.
    If I'm the rubber and your the glue..then I'd probably get some, and you'd just be sticky

Sounds right. I think Doc said

to use distilled water too.

Thread Information