I completely disagree with

Machiavellian philosophy on that point. It implies that a government has a higher authority than the people but in

fact the opposite is true. The people are the ultimate authority. Under that philosophy, I have no right to use

lethal force to defend myself but the government may use lethal force to require me to conform to the government's

decisions. I lose the right to voice my opinion if it is contradictory to the government's best interests, which

are not always the people's best interests. Government has an obligation to protect and to serve but wars of

aggression are never done to protect.

Again, you are speaking from the concept that we have a right to tell

others how to act, we don't! Reverse the situation and say that another country the size and strength of our own

decides our system is unfair and causing suffering and death to a percentage of our people. Arguably, it is

happening here in the United States in greater numbers than in Iraq. Do they have the right to invade the US to

enforce their beliefs on us? I think we would object rather forcefully, don't you?

Or take it down to the

micro: if your neighbor decides that they don't like the way you run your household, does your neighbor have the

right to come into your home and use force to change the way you do things? Then why should a government have the

right to do that with another country?