Ahhh, sitting in meetings and reminiscing about more innocent days when I was a shy, quiet kid who kept to

himself...well, as opposed to a friendly, dorky man who keeps to himself after 5:30...I remember the one time when

my dream of actually having a girl come up to me came true...

I was sitting in the cafeteria at lunch with my

best friend when these two girls...two very attractive girls...ask me to come over and talk for a minute. So I

follow them to their table, completely bewildered by the fact that women were actually talking to me, and I sit down

and listen to what they have to say. There I am, sitting with two attractive girls who have the assertiveness to

say, \"Pancho, we just wanted to tell you that we thought you were cute.\" Now, the younger Pancho was the young,

quiet, shy, awkward type who was too amazed by what was happening to him...so taken by the whole new experience that

had never even crossed his mind, and so bad at thinking of anything relatively interesting to say...that he did not

really say anything at all. Now, the Pancho of today would never even think of passing up such an opportunity, but

shyness truly is a paralyzing quality. Alas, nothing was ever mentioned about this situation until today. No other

real conversations, and no \"Man, I should\'ve...\" with my friends afterwards. Just a missed

opportunity.

One could say it was my lack of transportation, \"coolness\", or self-esteem that got in the

way...we were from different crowds, we were totally different people with different lives...one could ponder many

different reasons for keeping someone like young Pancho from living it up in ol\' HS. Nobody can say for certain,

but one can only imagine that some things aren\'t meant to be and some people take much longer to realize things

than others. Maybe one day old Pancho will get hit in the face again with such a great compliment that he does

something about it. Maybe that day will never come. All I know is that you live and learn, and then get

love...

...hopefully...