</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr

/>
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Why do people even own guns? I mean if you like to hunt animals I guess that

is an ok reason, but wouldn\'t you have more fun hunting a deer with a spear, it kind of evens out the playing

field a bit more. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I think that right is a bit overrated....No

matter how safe you are with that, if you had kids in your house, you still run a small risk that you have to accept

and everyone in your house has to accept.

Let\'s face it, we can talk about the parents until we are blue in

the face, and that is probably a \'cause of the situation, but some kids are just worse than other kids. Basically

some kids are just EVIL. In this world we have those that are smarter, quicker, more prone to violence, sexual

abuse, serial killing, and these fundementals apply to children. Not all children are sweet as can be, and not all

of them act bad because their parents weren\'t there to slap their hand, though that is a large percentage of it

usually.

So watch out for Chucky. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Is there some reason a person should not be allowed to own a gun? To

protect them from themselves? Look up some crime rate statistics. A good set are the before and after ones when

Florida became a concealed carry state. I hate to sound militant but do you really believe that the government, who

is so weak in punishing criminals is going to protect me and my family? Even despite that, why shouldn\'t any

normal, responsible person be able to own a gun? If nothing else, accurate shooting is a hard won skill that many

are proud to have.

Reality is that more people are killed by car accidents, incompetent doctors and drunk drivers

than are even injured by non-criminal gun owners.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I own guns,

and see the value of it. Where I was raised, violent crime was comparatively low-- particularly home invasions.

Because any home that a criminal might choose to invade was likely to have a shooter in residence.

People also

didn\'t shoot up McDonalds, because chances are that at least one of the patrons was likely to have a concealed

weapons permit.

Now this might get me flamed, but... I think that concealed weapons permits should be available

to people who:
1) Have no criminal record,
2) Have demonstrated marksmanship at an \"expert\" level on the

firing range,
3) Have passed a NRA endorsed smallarms safety course, and
4) Have passed written and practical

smallarms safety tests.

BTW-- I own guns, but do not hunt. The only things that I have ever killed are many paper

targets. I also practice archery. The fun is in the development of marksmanship skills-- not in the harming of

something.

Agreed! Emphatically

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

And.. though I am a 120# woman, if a criminal chose to invade my home with the intention of

doing harm....he\'s probably toast. Because his weapons skills are likely to be inferior to mine. I\'m trained,

he probably isn\'t.

I feel exactly the same way. My \'Home

defense clip\' is loaded with Talons. If some idiot forces me to shoot him, I want him to stay shot. I have no

problem at all cleaning up somebody else\'s blood.