Due to the recent discussion regarding freedoms and rights (cigarettes), I feel that I should throw out a

\"personal freedoms\" approach to this subject to support a little-known document called the

Constitution... (those located outside the U.S. are free to make fun of the whole situation because it is, in

fact, ridiculous)

I don\'t know what Bush is thinking, but he is fighting a battle that he will ultimately lose

(unlike the war in Iraq, either like or unlike the war on terrorism). I saw a recent poll that 51% of the

population is for the amendment and the rest against or indifferent to it. Personally, I\'m just basing this on

the laws of our country. According to the laws of the U.S., you cannot restrict the freedoms of a person in such a

way. You can argue against cigarettes, alcohol, guns, etc. because they have the potential of harming others.

However, there is nothing about gay marriage that would potentially harm anyone. If you\'re afraid that it\'ll

make your kids homosexual or something, then you are misguided into thinking that you can somehow choose who

you\'re attracted to. I know I didn\'t wake up one day and say, \"Hey, I think I want to have sex with

women,\" so why on earth would I one day wake up and say, \"Hey, I think I want to have sex with men?\" The way

homosexuality is hated and insulted in many parts of this country, I know that no one on earth would \'choose\'

to go that path unless it was part of the fabric of their being.

The bottom line is that this proposed amendment

is unconstitutional. Even if Bush somehow got everyone in congress and every individual state to support this, the

Supreme Court should easily declare this unconstitutional because there is no way a country can support such an

amendment with no logical base but only a religiously moral issue.

Let\'s face it: the institution of marriage

in the U.S. is becoming a joke, anyway. Getting a divorce nowadays is as common as changing your job or moving.

Britney Spears and other stars got married and unmarried all within days. The former President frequently shamed

his marriage vows. To think that homosexual marriages would somehow destroy the sanctity of marriage is to ignore

that marriage itself is slowly but surely being destroyed by the people who are already legally allowed to

marry.

Who knows? Maybe it would even bring back the sanctity of marriage...

\"Marriage is a sacred

bond between a man and a woman...\"

I always thought marriage would be a sacred bond between myself and the

person I wanted to spend the rest of my life in love with...my case would be a woman, but who am I to prevent

someone else from living their dream with someone of the same sex?