</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
&lt;&lt;&lt;Black and blue marks can be caused by a lot of things, most of which are totally accidental, like, for example, bumping your knee against the corner of a coffee table or stubbing your toe on a bedpost.

But no matter where or how you get the black and blue marks, the first thing you should do is start applying ice immediately - and I really do mean immediately.

A bruise develops when blood vessels break under the skin. Then, blood starts seeping into surrounding tissue and causes skin discoloration. But by applying ice as quickly as possible, you can slow the discoloration process down.

How? Well, ice helps to minimize a bruise by constricting the blood vessels. This, in turn, helps to cut down the bleeding under the skin.

The less bleeding there is, the smaller the bruise - and the quicker it heals!&gt;&gt;&gt;

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Well , \"the first thing you should do is start applying ice immediately - and I really do mean immediately.\"

Its definetly too late for this part (Don*t ask why , long story) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] , thus my question : is there any lotion/creme/stuff that would speed up the healing of a big \'ol black eye ??? (Actually 2 of them [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])
I know it would heal of by itself , after a nasty process of skin discoloration going from <font color=\"black\"> BLACK </font> to <font color=\"blue\"> BLUE </font> to <font color=\"green\"> GREEN </font> to <font color=\"yellow\">YELLOW </font> to <font color=\"orange\"> NORMAL </font> !
That shizznit woulda take weeks!!!...Is there ANYTHING I could do to enhance healing ? Right now , I\'m applying cold water , (Ice would freeze of the sensitive tissues around the eye) swelling is better now ,however discoloration is a pain in the ass.

Ok , plz No smartass advices like : Getchyaself sunglasses !

Help is really appriciated , thx in advance !