I picked up this book I\'ve been reading, Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins. It\'s a very good read, I just read a chapter entitled, \"Energy the Fuel of Excellence.\" He talks about how he gets by on only 5-6 hours of sleep a night, mostly due to his diet. 6 keys to living healthy,

- breathing exercises: think yoga, inhale for a 7 count, hold breath for a 28 count, exhale for a 14 count 10 reps 3 times daily, if you cannot work with those parameters then scale down the counts but keep the 1:4:2 ratio.

- eat water rich foods & have them make up 70% of your diet (in the morning, make fresh juice & consume it up until noon), when you eat fruits always eat them on an empty stomach & never after a meal otherwise it ferments in the stomache. If you look to nature, the strongest animals are herbivores - Elephants, Gorillas, rhino\'s - every seen a muscular vulture? you get the point

- effective food combining - examples of BAD combo\'s: meat & potatoes, cheest & bread, milk and cereal (!), fish and rice. Those combos are totally destructive to your internal system & rob you of energy. Different foods are digested differently. Starchy foods require an alkaline digestive medium (initially in the mouth by the enzyme ptyalin), Protein foods require an acid medium for digestion (HCL acid & pepsin). It is a law of chemistry that two contrary mediums cannot work at the same time. They end up neutralizing each other. If you eat a protein with a starch, digestion is impaired or completely arrested. ADVICE: Eat only one condensed food at a meal accompanied by a salad. A condensed food is any food not rich in water. While you\'re sleeping your body is working overtime to digest the incompatible combinations of food you\'ve put in your stomach.

- law of controlled consumption - eat less more frequently

- the principle of effective fruit consumption - Fruit is the most perfect food, it takes the least amount of energy to digest & gives your body the most in return & it\'s 90-95% water. You must always eat fruit on an empty stomach, fruit is not primarily digested in the stomach but rather the small intestine, if your stomach is not empty it cannot get to the small intestine.

- protein myth - eating meat for protein is one of the worst things you could do. One of the by products of protein metabolism is ammonia, meat contains high values of uric acid which is one of the body\'s waste products, the kidney\'s extract uric acid from the bloodstream and send it to the bladder to be passed out with the urea as urine. Dairy products - main effect of milk on the body is it becomes a clogging, mucus-forming mass that hardens and clogs and sticks to everything inside the small intestine, making the body\'s job that much more difficult (cheese is worse, it takes 4-5 quarts of milk to make 1 lb of cheese) Pizza, brie, yogurt, ice cream - bad, bad, bad, bad. Take a frozen banana & put it through a juicer to create something that tastes & feels just like ice cream but is totally nurturing to your body. Cottage Cheese - contains Plaster of Paris (calcium sulfate), No kidding, it\'s allowed withing federal standards, although it\'s against the law in California.

That\'s all I have for now, oh yeah my own personal addition. Take more naps! Like 30 minutes to an hour when you get off work, or anytime you can squeeze it in. In the military they have the soldiers take a short rest break (10 minutes or so) for every hour of intense exercise. Studies have been done ages ago about labor intensive occupations. Taking rests in between strenuous intervals resulted in higher productivity compared to working 8 hours straight.

Oh yeah one more I got out of another book, this applies to studying or doing intense thinking at work. Take a 10-15 minute break to let your subconscious effectively \"digest\" all of that information your conscious mind just absorbed.