Although this is possible, right now the truth of the following statement is not supported by ANY science. This is basically just anecdotal.

\"There\'s people who are hypnotised who are made to believe that when a certain object (I dunno which anymore) touches their skin, it\'ll leave a burning mark. The object isn\'t even hot or anything, it\'s possibly just a little piece of cold metal.

When their skin is touched, they behave as if they\'ve been burny but not only that, they actually grow a burning scar. Their mind believes they\'ve been burnt, and their skin acts accordingly. (The oppsite being true also: really burning them but making them believe they haven\'t been ==> they do not form any scars!!)\"

I would have to say that this is a nice story, but it hasent been done and never will be.

While someone may feel \'burned\' through this hypnosis, there is no way that cells will char themselves just becuase you think your burned.

Just becuase you think something is real, doesnt mean it is. I get shot in my dream all the time, but when I wake up i dont call 911.

Nice story. Its a good myth.