Picture this:

You\'ve had a crush on a girl for about 3 years off and on. You have become best friends over the past 6 months. She calls you every night, you hang out every night or every other night. She loves spending time with you. She had a drug addiction problem that you helped her recover from. There is a lot of flirtation going on, but you haven\'t had the chance to make a move yet. Then while sitting in the coffee shop with her, she blurts out, \"I think I\'ll [censored] your friend Nate to see if he is gay or not\"

At that piont, all the pheremones in the world can\'t help you.
I don\'t know if she said it to get a reaction from me (she has a history of doing this). One of my female friends said don\'t believe anything she says about \"Nate\". I get the feeling she wants me to make a move, but when I hear a statement like that, my confidence goes in the shitter. I feel real ackward around my friend Nate now. She knows I get hyper jealous and may have been using that to get at me.

I just sorta sat there for a second. Then I was quite proud of myself, I actually grew some balls and thought, I\'m not gonna sit her and take this [censored]. So I stood up, paid my bill and left quickly without a response. She sorta wigged out, calling my close female friend (the one who said don\'t believe anything she says about Nate) to maybe talk about me or why I would have responded so. I\'m not sure. But those two rarely if ever talk, so her making a phonecall was a big step.

As soon as I came home from work that day (she works below me and can hear my footsteps) she called upstairs. She seemed to be trying to figure me out, she said, \"I was just calling to say \"Hey\"

I simply responded, \"Well, Hey\"

A few moments of ackwardness then we exchanged pleasantries and parted ways. In a Ross Jeffries kind of way I wanted to establish a couple of things with those actions (a) I don\'t have all day to sit and talk to you (b) I as a potential suitor am uncomfortable when she talks about [censored] my friends (c) I\'m not going to play games and I will withdraw from the relationship in a second if things get [censored] up.

I don\'t know how it came off. She called me last night and we hung out. Things seemed to be back to normal, and she was trying especially hard to be nice to me. Although I hope I didn\'t come off as a child or something.

Eh. I was wearing A1 on the wrists, and Rogue Male behind the ears. They didn\'t help. She usually responds boffo to A1.

Is this a strategy women use? Do women use jealousy and machismo against us? After hearing she wanted to [censored] Nate, I never busted my ass in the gym so much in my life. I was breathing fire on the weights.

Any thoughts?

JDM

(Some quick background on Nate, he is extremely quiet, rarely if ever talks, he is more attractive now than he has been in quite some time. But she has never shown interest in him before. He was a pretty random name to pick).