Close

Hybrid View

I fly up to Orcas Island often. How far are you from there?

B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Phero Dude

As the crow flies Orcas is about 70 miles north of Bainbridge. Bainbridge stands due west of seattle by about seven miles or so. If you fly to Orcas with Kenmore Air you can probably see Bainbridge from the plane as it leaves the Lake Union air harbor. Unless you fly out of Boeing Field in which case..well...no, you can see Bainbridge that way too.

Its a nice place to live. Seattle is only a thirty minuets from the island by ferry but the island is...well...alot like Orcas realy. Sort of a cross between a hippy commune and a bedroom community for upwardly mobile professionals with a bunch of retired folks mixed in...and a few low lifes like me lurking in the shadows
    "The wages of sin is death.But after taxes it's just sort of a tired feeling realy." -Ellen DeGeneres

I was up in them there parts for a few weeks 5 or so years ago. Bainbridge struck me as a pretty upscale and nice place. Nice going if you can make a go of it there.

The most beautiful rainbow I've ever seen was on the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle. A full double rainbow with such vivid colors that everyone on the boat clamored to the front for pics.

I liked that part of the country but don't think I could live there. Then again weather is something you tuck into like a new girlfriend, it takes some time to fully appreciate. The saving grace for me was all the espresso shops, and the "sun breaks" made you feel like there was actually a life beyond the clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by tim929 View Post
    As the crow flies Orcas is about 70 miles north of Bainbridge. Bainbridge stands due west of seattle by about seven miles or so. If you fly to Orcas with Kenmore Air you can probably see Bainbridge from the plane as it leaves the Lake Union air harbor. Unless you fly out of Boeing Field in which case..well...no, you can see Bainbridge that way too.

Its a nice place to live. Seattle is only a thirty minuets from the island by ferry but the island is...well...alot like Orcas realy. Sort of a cross between a hippy commune and a bedroom community for upwardly mobile professionals with a bunch of retired folks mixed in...and a few low lifes like me lurking in the shadows
    Found it on the map; yeah close to Seattle. I fly in my own little plane when I go up there. The route passes just West of Bremerton airport. The area is breathtaking from 6000 feet.

B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Phero Dude

Bainbridge is pretty up scale which puts it way out of my reach. I have the advantage of having a landlord who rents to me for a song I was born and raised here and so was my father and its sad that so many of the old families I used to know had to move away because of taxes.

The problem I run into is that I cant afford to move. Just about the time I get in a position to leave something comes up and blows tha plan out of the water.
    "The wages of sin is death.But after taxes it's just sort of a tired feeling realy." -Ellen DeGeneres

King of the coupons!

Smile

IF your breath is antisocial, please turn your head when you're talking to me!!!

Saw this thread, and could not resist sharing a hardy howdy!!!

HOWDY!!!

I've been playing on the other side of the fence so to speak, but my HOME is here!!!

I'll be using AE, NPA and TE til I die, or they stop making it, or Bruce e-mails me to inform me they've changed the formula/s!

Hoping ALL is well!

And remember ... Please don't eat no yellow snow!
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Thread Information