I know it sounds like a silly grade school question. But I'm finding it so frustrating that I'm

asking the only people who can decode a confusing man, namely, you fine studly men

How can you tell if a

guy likes a girl? I'm talking about the reserved guys who won't look you in the eye. Pshaw, they say women are

hard to read, that's nothing compared to reserved men. Here's my problem: there's a guy I like A LOT, I just

can't tell what he thinks of me. I know him from work, though I see him only once in 10 days or so during meetings

and such as he works on another floor.

I thought he dislikes me because he never looks or even says hi, but

sometimes things happen that confuse me. Like at a corporate get together recently, we all had to mention a musician

we liked. I was one of the first and said an offbeat one that nobody mentioned. It was his turn near the end, and he

mentioned the exact same one. He was the only other one to do so. It could be coincidence, by why would he blatanly

mention the same thing when it's so different and odd? I know I wouldn't, but maybe it's a girl thing.

Then on

an evaluation report sent out, he was in charge of evaluating a small group, about 7 of us in all. Everyone got a

proficient or good. I got an excellent. It's not an objective ranking where excellent means 10 points or anything,

it's just subjective comments. But that still surprised me a little as I was expecting something negative. And then

a few days back someone asked him a technical question. He referred her to me.

Things like this make me think he

atleast respects my work abilities a little, even if it doesn't mean he likes me as a person. But why do I feel

like a second-rate citizen around him? At meetings with our small project team he looks at the other six people

while speaking, but barely glances at me. Then today he came out from the coffee room, and I was the first person he

saw in the cubicle area. He just looked and glanced away like he couldn't care less. But he nodded at another

woman, and gave a buddy-buddy greeting to a guy. I felt sorta hurt and left out.

He's not shy, but reserved.

He's friendly with people he knows and usually chilled out. Why is he like this towards me? Do I rub him wrong, or

maybe it's my own reservedness?

I'm crushing on him, but I'm sure he doesn't feel the same. I don't dress to

sex at work, so I look dowdy with glasses and boxy suits and all. Can't imagine he'd see anything in me. But why

do I get the feeling there's something more to this? It feels like he respects but doesn't like me. How to get him

to like me, as a friend??

Jesus it's frustrating. Do you men have any insights? I feel silly posting this now,

as though I just confessed in my preteen diary about a guy from math class