This may be the wrong place

to write about this but I wish to share something wonderful with the ladies here, and the others as well.

It is

plain how I feel about Belgareth, I hope. He is a fine man, the best. Most of you also know I am in the US on a

student VISA. On Monday the university provided the written offer for me to be hired as a researcher/associate

professor when I graduate in a few months. My job will allow me to request permenent resident status in this country

and later to become a citizen.

Belgareth has been having trouble with his former wife recently, I think her

broom may be giving her splinters in an incomfortable place. I thought that was why he visited his attorney twice

this week.

Tonight Belgareth made us a wonderful supper, he is an exquisite cook. During desert he offered me

the completed papers to submit to the government so I may stay here. After I thanked him and promised to have the

papers submitted right away he offered me an engagement ring. It is a pretty ring and was a big surprise. He had it

designed and made himself. The sneak planned this for weeks!

The poor man was so funny. He is always so sure of

himself. Tonight he was like a little boy, afraid I would tell him no. It made me giggle to see him that way for the

first time. He is sleeping now, I made certain he was most relaxed. I am too excited to sleep. It is still too early

to telephone my parents and my friends here will all be in bed. You are the first to be told the news.

We have

not picked a date yet. Both of us are fond of the outdoors and would like to wait until the fall when the leaves are

turning. A wedding under the oaks would be nice. It is a slow time for his business was well and we would be able to

take some time for ourselves.

It is the finest graduation gift I could have asked for.