I too have wondered (as I'm a

Chicago area resident as well) how much the sniffles may affect the VNO receptors that are supposedly picking up the

pheromone scents. I know with my last bad cold (just a few weeks ago) I couldn't smell (or hardly taste) a thing.

Besides feeling like I just wanted to curl up and sleep it off (did so for almost three days actually...) so I would

suspect as was said that sex is one of the last things on anyone's mind (even faded from my mind during that

week...).

But the question remains... how much does a runny nose or bad cold affect the VNO, if at all? I don't

recall seeing that covered in my Scent of Eros book... I *do* think all the extra layers of clothing we wear here

can affect the disbursal of pheromone products especially when applied to areas like the wrists and chest, which are

usually coverd with coats and gloves. And even applications to the neck may be affected by the scarves and pulled-up

collars/hoods. At least I've noticed my only possible "hits" of late have been when I have been indoors where it's

been warm enough to have the coats at least unzipped/open.