Close

Banned User

Default Mercury Fillings

visit-red-300x50PNG
    http://www.holisticmed.com/dental/amalgam/ ,

http://www.health-nexus.com/fillings

-amalgam_&_composite.htm

I got two of them that i\'ve been itching to get out (they\'re about 10

years old). Im getting more parinoid year after year, i\'m starting to think that these old things are just gonna

crack open and leak mercury all in my face [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. What are the alternatives? I heard that there\'s one that

blends in to the color of your teeth (white for some [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] lol). I also

heard that insurance companies only pay for the traditional amalgam (filling). I wonder if it costs alot of money,

what should I do... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]?

Banned User

Default Re: Mercury Fillings

Get them out ASAP. They

don\'t crack open as a general rule. They leak ALL the time! Most insurance doesn\'t cover. There are plenty of

alternatives. After they\'re out do a serious detox program.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

I mostly agree

with Ash, but it is best to get your hair analyzed (the most accurate, for practical purposes) for heavy

metal content to find out whether you need to detox, and what from if so. I tested normal for mercury, even with

though I had mercury fillings (I since had them removed, as it\'s a good idea in any case.) Great Smoky Mountain

Labs in TN does it very well, with mail order kits, and maybe you can get a healthcare pro to work with them or

someone equivalent.

Just ask your dentist to replace them with composite fillings, which is

usually possible, depending on the cavity. Insurance could cover, as fillings legitimately need replacing after a

certain # of years anyway. Ask your dentist.

Banned User

Great points Dr.! I

read an article just a few weeks ago telling that the majority of test labs for hair analysis wash the hair first in

a strong detergent which tends to screw up the test. On detoxing, I think that\'s a good idea for everybody to do

anytime. Even if it\'s just taking some Milk Thistle for the liver.

Some good points

yourself there, lad!

Banned User

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Some good points yourself there, lad!

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Lad? 16 1/2 lbs. of swinging meat and you call me Lad?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Better get an

underwire bra for those before you hurt somebody, then. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] \"Lad\"

is a little habit I picked up from my Irish friends, and in no way meant as a slight against your distinguished

manhood.

Banned User

It\'s not that big by

some peoples standards Doc but I\'m proud of every yard of it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It\'s not that big by some peoples standards Doc

but I\'m proud of every yard of it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Lad? 16 1/2 lbs. of swinging meat and you call me

Lad?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

A sausage slinger eh? I thought you were a plumber.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Banned User

</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

<hr

Ash is a

professional Meat Packer for a living, I have done some online business with him. I pack fudge...at Hershey, PA, and

Elana Scuba Dives for small spermies. Yum, spermies. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Default Re: Mercury Fillings - i\'ve got loads

I\'ve got loads of these things.

They\'ve fallen out in the past and give a funny taste.

I

think they still put them in.

I\'m off to the dentist on the 13th April. What should I do if they want to put

some more in?

By the way, I\'m in the UK on the National Health Service.

Phero Enthusiast

Don\'t be oversensitive, I have like five of them in my mouth and im still rather noraramamalalrar...i mean

normal.
    And cracking open and leaking is puure bullpoo Amalgam=something like dough...its a compact matter

composed of a liquid and a solid matter rather than a hollow candy. Nothing can leak out, you just kinda absorb some

of the mercury. However, the quantity is hardly worth any anxiety.

Banned User

</font><blockquote><font

<hr

Some folks

call me \"The LOVE Plumber\". [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Banned User

Don\'t be oversensitive, I have like five of them

in my mouth and im still rather noraramamalalrar...i mean normal.
    And cracking open and leaking is puure bullpoo

Amalgam=something like dough...its a compact matter composed of a liquid and a solid matter rather than a hollow

candy. Nothing can leak out, you just kinda absorb some of the mercury. However, the quantity is hardly worth any

anxiety.

Bottom line is that Mercury is a poison. One of the

deadliest there is. Like any poison, long term, it\'s going to do some damage!

Mercury did plenty of damage as a vocalist. What a voice.

Holmes

Ash,

Mine measures

an even foot.
    But I don\'t use it as a rule. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

O

Mercury did plenty of damage as a vocalist. What a

voice.

Holmes

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">My all time favorite! I loved that man!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

Ash- mercury is a poison, yes. Amalgamated mercury is nearly inert. Well done amalgam, that is. You know how much

of it there is in the air, food, water? Much more than a mouth full of fillings can give you, I would say.
    I

visited an analytic lab yesterday, they have a very sensitive mercury detector to determine its content in soil.

They said that even having a corked bottle of mercury on the other side of the building (which is a former

baron\'s residence, so its quite large) screws up the results.
    If you want to avoid poisons, have a nice holiday

in the nearest black hole.

Yeah, or take a journey to the center of the Earth.

Holmes

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Banned User

Ash- mercury is a poison, yes. Amalgamated mercury

is nearly inert. Well done amalgam, that is. You know how much of it there is in the air, food, water? Much more

than a mouth full of fillings can give you, I would say.
    I visited an analytic lab yesterday, they have a very

sensitive mercury detector to determine its content in soil. They said that even having a corked bottle of mercury

on the other side of the building (which is a former baron\'s residence, so its quite large) screws up the

results.
    If you want to avoid poisons, have a nice holiday in the nearest black hole.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Lots and lots of people are suffering from all sorts of maladies these days that don\'t

show up on the CDC\'s radar. Actually they show up but the CDC and FDA have no answers or cures so they\'re

treated as if they don\'t exist. The alternative healing community has known for many years that toxin overload is

a big problem and the root cause of much suffering. Toxin overload is like HIV. It isn\'t the HIV that gets you.

It\'s the breakdown of the immune system and then all those opportunistic diseases rush in and do the job.

You\'re right about a polluted environment being a big problem if that was one of the points you were trying to

make. There isn\'t much in the way of environmental toxic pollution that a person can have control over but there

are some things that you can do. Removing poisonous tooth fillings is just one of a handful of protocols that help

clear the body of crap and help strengthen the immune system. Many people can feel the difference. I did.

None of

us are getting out of here alive as the saying goes but there is a lot we can do to make the last years of our lives

healthier and happier. That\'s the way I see it anyway. If I had taken all the Mercury that was used in all the

fillings in my mouth and swallowed it all at once it would have made me very, very ill at the least and might have

killed me at the most. Am I to believe that the gradual breakdown of the fillings and the release of Mercury into my

body over a period of years would not have an effect on my overall health? In France, at the turn of the century,

about 50 or so elderly men and women died do to arsenic poisoning. Who was killing all these people was big question

that the police were asking. Further investigation revealed that all the dead people had a wall paper in their

houses called \"Paris Green\". It was a very popular wall finish as the green in \"Paris Green\" was a vary nice

color. The off-gassing of the arsenic that made for such a nice color took about 20 years to do the job. The people

were living in gas chambers and didn\'t even know it. I can\'t help but think that the quality of the lives of

these people began to diminish very shortly after the paper was installed. But that\'s just the way my mind works.

Your mind may work differently.

As for the black hole. I try to avoid those whenever possible. All that radiation

ya know? Plus, that\'s where the Lizard people hang when they\'re not doing evil deeds on our lovely little

Planet.

Phero Enthusiast

\"The alternative healing community has known for many years\" the alternative healing community has known many

things most of which are wrong.

The ammounts of mercury leaving your fillings are nowhere near the actual mass of

the fillings. If you swallowed it, nothing would happen because its amalgamated with the silver there If it was

the mercury alone, you would use up a dozen rolls of toilet paper

And btw, black holes are kinda safe radiation wise

Banned User

From the CDC:

What is Mercury Poisoning

Mercury poisoning is the ill effects on humans nervous system and

other bodily systems due to the over- exposure of mercury. Mercury is a neurotoxin, meaning it affects the nervous

system. The \"mad hatters\" of the 19th century suffered from mercury poisoning which caused personality changes,

nervousness, trembling, and even dementia. The hatters were exposed to mercury in the felting process, where mercury

was rubbed onto cloth to preserve it.

Today, people are more aware of the dangers of mercury and many of its

uses have been discontinued. However, mercury exposure is still an occupational hazard for people in many industries

and mercury is present in the environment around us. There is also the risk of exposure due to a thermometer

breaking or mercury leaking out of a thermostat or any number of mercury-containing devices. If mercury vapor is

inhaled, as much as 80 percent may enter the bloodstream.

The effects of mercury poisoning can be classified as:

acute
    chronic, or
    other

The degree of risk varies depending on the amount of mercury, the form, how often,

and the age of the exposed person. Children (and also unborn fetuses) are the most vulnerable the the effects of

mercury poisoning.

The work environment can be designed to minimize workers\' exposure. But some mercury will

still escape into the environment and much of it will change into methylmercury and eventually be eaten by fish.

Mercury-contaminated fish are the most likely source of mercury poisoning. It is recommended that mercury\'s uses

in buildings be eliminated, not because its presence makes the buildings dangerous, but to help keep mercury out of

the environment

Signs &amp; Symptoms of Mercury Exposure

1. Psychological Disturbances (erethysm)

Irritability, Nervousness, Fits of Anger, Memory Loss, Lack of Attention, Depression, Low Self Confidence, Anxiety,

Drowsiness, Shyness/timidity, Decline of Intellect, Insomnia, Low Self Control.

2. Oral Cavity

Disorders

Bleeding Gums, White Patches - Mouth, Stomatitis, Bone Loss Around Teeth, Loosening of Teeth, Ulcers

of Gums- Palate- Tongue, Excessive Saliva, Burning of Mouth, Foul Breath, Gum Pigmentation, Metalic Taste.

Gastrointestinal Effects
    Abdominal Cramps, Colitis, Crohn\'s disease, Gastrointestinal Problems, Diarrhea.

Systemic Effects
    Cardiovascular, Irregular Heart Beat, Changes in Blood Pressure, Feeble or Irregular Pulse, Pain

or Pressure in Chest

5. Neurologic
    Chronic or Frequent Headaches, Dizziness, Ringing or Noises in Ears, Fine

Tremors (Hands, Feet, Eye Lids, Tongue)

6. Respiratory
    Persistant Cough, Emphysema, Shallow or Irregular

Breathing.

7. Immunological
    Allergies, Asthma, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Swollen Lymph Nodes in Neck

Endocrine
    Subnormal Temperature, Cold Clammy Hands &amp; Feet, Excessive Perspiration, Muscle Weakness, Fatigue,

Hypoxia, Edema, Loss of Appetite, Loss of Weight, Joint Pain

\"...The primary symptoms of mercury-poisoning

are vague psychic ones. Short-time memory

deteriorates. You will find it difficult to concentrate on tasks which

require attention and thinking. It is easier to execute tasks that are well known rather than to learn something

new. You avoid social contacts which demand that you get out of your introvert behavior. You loose your temper

easily and switch between different moods for no particular reason. Little by little, a more physical kind of

exhaustion is added to the condition. More and more effort is required to initiate activities and sometimes break

things due to inability to co-ordinate your movements with your visual impressions (ataxia). Occasional headaches,

minor involuntary muscle spasms or ticks within groups of muscles can also appear. Hands and feet become easily

cold, attacks of dizziness or vertigo can occur, and periodically you may find it difficult to focus your eyes and

to see clearly. Joint and muscle pains, stiffness, lumbago and similar symptoms often appear at an early stage. They

can be caused or increased by low availability of the trace element selenium. Nervous heart, sometimes accompanied

by a week pulse, sometimes by a hard pulse, creates a feeling of anxiety. You don\'t sleep well, you wake up stiff

and never feel thoroughly rested. As a whole you need more sleep than before, and you are constantly tired. Some

individuals develop pronounced intestinal and stomach disturbances. Bloating is common and diarrhea can alternate

with constipation. From 50 to 200 micrograms mercury from amalgam daily passes the gastrointestinal tract. There is

usually irritation where mercury first interacts with tissues. The upper respiratory tract easily becomes

chronically inflamed and symptoms in mouth appear. The gums bleed when you brush your teeth, red and white

irritations (lichen, leukoplakia) araise, blisters and sensitivity to certain nutritives develop, ypur teeth ache,

the whole jaw can become more or less inflamed, and some persons develop sinusitis. Metal taste in your mouth is a

direct sign of metal-poisoning (mercury, copper). The more poisoned you are, the more serious and chronic your

problems become. The piruitary gland will be affected which often leads to frequent urination. When the thyroid

gland is affected secondary effects on metabolism can appear. Both glands accumulate mercury. neurological symptoms

such as numbness, hypersensitivity and paralysis exacerbate. It is often hard to determine if the cause is in the

nervous or circulatory systems...\"

Other sources of mercury:

Cosmetics:

Title :

Update:

mercury poisoning associated with beauty cream--Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas, 1996.

Source

:

MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep, 45(29):633-5 1996 Jul 26

Abstract :

During September 1995-May 1996, the Texas

Department of Health (TDH), the New Mexico Department of Health (NMDH), and the San Diego County (California) Health

Department investigated three cases of mercury poisoning associated with the use of a mercury-containing beauty

cream produced in Mexico. The ongoing investigation has found this product in shops and flea markets in the United

States located near the U.S.-Mexico border, and a U.S. distributor has been identified in Los Angeles. The cream,

marketed as \"Crema de Belleza--Manning\" for skin cleansing and prevention of acne, listed \"calomel\"

(mercurous chloride [Hg2Cl2]) as an ingredient and contained 6% to 10% mercury
    by weight. This report presents

findings of a continuing investigation by these health departments, the Arizona Dept of Health Services (ADHS),

California State Department of Health Services (CSDHS), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and

CDC.

Title :

[Chronic mercury poisoning from cosmetic creams (author\'s transl)]

Author :

Summa

JD

Source :

MMW Munch Med Wochenschr, 117(26):1121-4 1975 Jun 27

Abstract :

Two cases of chronic mercury

poisoning are reported. Both patients had used a skin cream

containing mercury for years which contained the

latter substance in various strengths (3%-50%). The creams are commercially available, usually in 20 g tin as a skin

whitener or skin care preparation. According to the regulations in force, preparations containing not more than 5%

Hg in the form
    of white precipitate can be freely obtained without prescription in drug- stores and perhaps also in

shops dealing in cosmetics. The limits of tolerance at which the first symptoms of mercury poisoning may appear may

perhaps have been already reached by the regular use of freely purchasable preparations.

Title:

[Nail

changes and loss of hair: cardinal signs of mercury poisoning from hair bleaches (author\'s
    transl)]

Author

:

W¨ustner H; Orfanos CE; Steinbach H; K¨aferstein H; Herpers H

Source :

Dtsch Med Wochenschr,

100(34):1694-7, 1692 1975 Aug 22

Abstract :

In the German Federal Republic it has recently become known that

generalised disorders of chronic mercury poisoning (loss of weight, stomatitis, hearing and sensory loss, emotional

disturbances) have accompanied the cardinal signs of nail discolouration and loss of hair. The mercury content of

nails in such patients was extremely high (1720 mg/l). The urinary level of mercury after dimercaprol injection was

1.97 mg/l, about 400 times above the upper limit of normal (0.005 mg/l). The poisoning was apparently caused by the

use of mercury-containing bleaches (about 5% and 6% Hg) which do not require prescription and are marketed without

any statement about composition or possible side- effects. The cases are a warning against uncontrolled use of

external application of mercury- containing preparations.

I\'ll have to get back to you about the Black

Hole. After reading your reply I have to go out and pick up some TP.

Mercury did plenty of damage as a vocalist. What a

voice.

Holmes

You can bet that Freddie did more than his

share of \"filling cavities\" in his day too!

O

Banned User

</font><blockquote><font

Mercury did plenty of damage as a vocalist. What a voice.

Holmes

You can bet that Freddie did more than his share of \"filling

cavities\" in his day too!

O

<hr

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thread Information