Close

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default The Story of Pheros

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Here I sit,

sweaty and smelly, as if in the maternity ward after giving birth. If Arnold could do it so can I! There is no beer

in the fridge, but I\'m sure thirsty for one! But my feet are up now -- too late!

As many of you know by

now, one of your fellow forum members (yours truly [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) has designed

an innovative (not to brag, it just is) new product for Love Scent, called Pheros. This product has been in

the process of creation for 15 months, and is now complete. Earlier today, I just shipped the first 100 bottles out

to Love-Scent. Wooo-hooo!

I put Pheros in italics because it is a Greek word, and it is proper style

to do so. The word means \"king\", like \"pharaoh!\" I thought it typified a sort of prototypical alpha

manliness I was trying to put into it. Of course, it is also a play on words.

I am very excited about it, as

this is such a \"cyber setting\" and it is my way of more personally or physically interacting with you all, the

delightful folks that you are. Also, it is exciting for me due to the sheer volume of typing (Jeez, is it 2500 posts

yet?) I have done on this site regarding all things olfactory, telling everyone I make perfume (yeah right!). So

understandably, people have been asking me to make something for Love Scent for some time now, and finally I get to

come out of hiding and reveal that I\'ve been working my butt off to do just that. I was afraid to jinx it before

now. Quite a large sum of money and time was invested in this with no promise of compensation to put this together

(though now it appears I\'m being compensated fairly, thanks to Bruce. I\'m not whining, but rather am very

grateful.). Most days I\'ve worked on it, if only to shake up the monster bottle of concentrate. (This is a good

exercise for your biceps and pecs, BTW, and it is free).

There is a limited amount of this stuff available

(like 1000 bottles?), and once it is gone, it is gone. I couldn\'t recreate it if I wanted to, nor could anyone

else. Why? Because there are a million things besides the fact of which ingredients there are and their proportions

that determine the smell of a perfume (though I could probably come reasonably close). For example, the order and

timing that you add everything in mean a lot, and this stuff was a drop of this here and a drop of that there, for

over a year! I could probably make something even better, on the other hand, as one does improve with practice in

this field, but there will always be something special about this one, as it was a definite labor of

love.

There are somewhere close to 150 natural ingredients. Why so many? Ingredients add up quickly when you

have a vision of what you want to create, and you are going from that. It\'s not about the ingredients, per

se.

Still, you all may notice prominent woody notes like rare Asian oud (the real stuff, at a dollar per drop

wholesale!), mysore sandalwood, vetiver, and juniper (all aphrodisiacs), spices like bay, anise, and cinnamon;

(ditto), and natural musk notes like ambrette, valerian, cistus and costus (ditto). There are classic masculine and

mystical ingredients like frankincense and myrrh in there as well. Then there is a slight floral element that

includes chamomile and jasmine sambac (the queen of sex smells).

Whereas other perfumes claim to smell sexual

or \"erotic\" but do not, this one actually does smell sexual and erotic! So watch out! Just don\'t expect it to

smell like a typical department store cologne, please. It is a natural product. Remember the research that talked

about sticky buns or some pastry as being one of the strongest aphrodisiac smells? Well, you should also notice

notes in there like that -- kind of butterscotchy, carmelly, cinnamony, vanilla-like and nutty. It is not overly

pretty, however, as men are under no obligation to be pretty for anyone! In general it\'s a classic woody scent,

with amber, spice and prominent musk notes. Then there are pheromones, of course.

I hope you all will try

it. Hopefully, by the end of this week, the special introductory offer of 100 limited edition bottles should

commence. I have obtained 100 special bottles which aren\'t overly fancy, but are my favorite small bottles

ever for a man\'s cologne. They feel so great in your hand, are reusable, and are so well balanced! There

is a bulb in the top that cause a slight gurgling when you turn the bottle upside down. I hope I can find more

someday. The bottles are corked, and the corks are waxed on, like they are with wine bottles. The caramel-colored

wax is scented, with Pheros, of course!

The labels were designed by myself in collaboration with a

fine Portland artist. The burgundy boxes are simple but somehow elegant, and the leaflet is on some custom designed

paper, which is nicer than it should be for how long people keep leaflets. I cut all the labels with an x-acto

knife, and pasted them on myself. So we\'re talking home-made from top to bottom. Dare I say collectible?

Each bottle in the limited release is signed and numbered from 1-100; and the boxes are signed, too. It\'s

hard to communicate the amount of unmitigated TLC that you are getting, but I will admit I was even crazy enough to

meditate and chant (very \"good\" words, oh yeah!) over the perfume on most days. -- For what it is worth!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

And for those that may be wondering -- yes, I like it

better than Amouage! Honest! Amouage is for special occasions, whereas I consider this like a basic staple of

\"hygiene\" and olfactory fashion.

As people get their bottles, I will provide more information regarding

proper use, effects, and other such interesting issues. I am always happy to take questions and constructive

comments, and will address them here in this thread.

I wish to thank Bruce Boyd loads for providing this

site and forum, and for giving an upstart whipper-snapper like myself such an opportunity! I also want to thank all

of you for helping me feel at home in the forum, and for providing such interesting conversation! Om alpha!

Phero Enthusiast

Default Re: The Story of Pheros

It sounds simply

brilliant Dr! Have a virtual beer on me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    <font

class=\"small\">Code:</font><hr /><pre> \\ /
    C| |
    | |
    ----

&lt;-- beer!
    </pre><hr />

Is there anyway we can know the type and amounts of LS pheromones in here?

(unless it\'s secret [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img])
    Sounds

brilliant, will order some tomorrow [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yep. I want my

signed bottle.

Does it come with some form of photograph of the creator?

Covered in Jam would be my

preference.

All sounds cool, Mr SmellThis.. I\'ve emailed you a beer.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve

Phero Pro

Hello.

First of all, let me thank you (DrSmellThis) for what you\'ve done. This products seems too good to be true (at

least, in theory).

I just would like to ask you about the \"durability\" (don\'t know if it spells like that)

of the scent. Does it last long?

Phero Pharaoh

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Here I sit, sweaty and smelly, as if in the

maternity ward after giving birth. If Arnold could do it so can I! There is no beer in the fridge, but I\'m sure

thirsty for one! But my feet are up now -- too late!

As many of you know by now, one of your fellow forum

members (yours truly ) has designed an innovative (not to brag, it just is) new product for Love Scent, called

Pheros. This product has been in the process of creation for 15 months, and is now complete. Earlier today, I just

shipped the first 100 bottles out to Love-Scent. Wooo-hooo!

I put Pheros in italics because it is a Greek word,

and it is proper style to do so. The word means \"king\", like \"pharaoh!\" I thought it typified a sort of

prototypical alpha manliness I was trying to put into it. Of course, it is also a play on words.

I am very

excited about it, as this is such a \"cyber setting\" and.....

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Alright, alright!!
    Stop with the blabbering already and tell us where the free samples are!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

ToBeOrNotToBe, you can smell the bass notes and a bit of middle note the next day, but not in a strong way. I added

natural fixatives throughout the whole process, especially at the end. Each major note also had its own fixatives

especially added for it, and the perfuming alcohol I use even has it\'s own natural fixatives. Having said that,

it is true that natural perfumes in general don\'t last as long on your skin as synthetic perfumes, which are

chock full of chemical fixatives. One of the results of the beta testing process was that Bruce inquired about

whether I could make it last longer, so I did go back and modify it in several ways so it would last significantly

longer. I am now reasonably satisfied with its longevity, thanks to Bruce\'s input.

The \"too good to be

true\" part has somewhat to do with the fact that almost no one else (except jvk) comes in to the forum to talk

about their product. I don\'t know why. But I know what you mean. The theoretical stuff is sound on a theoretical

level, of course, but it is a matter of translating that to reality. It\'s actual effectiveness out in the field

is another matter. But there are some positive preliminary reports, some of which match the theoretical angle pretty

closely. We\'ll see.

Alright, alright!!
    Stop with the blabbering

already and tell us where the free samples are! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Tallmacky will Fed Ex them to you...

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

Tallmacky will Fed Ex them to you...

<hr

Oh...
    Great.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

How do you think the bottles will stand up to being posted??

Especially over this way. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I\'ve always

enjoyed your posts DrSmellthis and I\'m really impressed with the time and effort you put into this product. Which

is one of the reasons why I\'m ordering PHEROS because it was created by you. One question, what are the

reactions from women to PHEROS from the beta testers or you personally?

Dr:
    As a big

Amouage fan, you grab my attention when you tell me that you like the smell of this even better. Even taking into

account that you have a slight bias, you have not steered me wrong on scents in the past (first agarwood, then

Amouage), so I look forward to trying this out as well. My question: how many ml of product in each

bottle?

Regards,
    Jeeves

DrSmellThis,

I

am really impressed by the effort that you have put into this product. I will buy it right away, even if it was just

because I it is so unique and created by a very honorable member of this forum.

Most of the colognes don\'t

work for me... I have spent a lot of money until I found just 2 or 3 which do... Amouage (Gold) doesn\'t work on

my skin at all. So I don\'t know if Pheros works for me, but I can\'t wait to give it a try!

Good

job!!!

Sunny

Banned User

Cant wait

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

when does the link go up to put said Pheros into me

shoppe basket?

and should this limited edition be limited to one per person to be fair...as peeps can always

get refills later on from the main batch.

Phero Dude

I found a site

that mentioned Jasmine Sambac as the king of musks and being very exotic. It also recommended for a romantic mood

blending it with other great aphrodisiacs - Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Rosewood, Patchouli, Vetiver, Rose etc. Also

nice: Bergamot, Orange, Mandarin &amp; Neroli. Lavender and Geranium, Frankincense and Clary Sage.

Thanks again

for the info &amp; the tremendous efforts you put into your creation Doc!

Doc, you are

indeed the man!

This is even more of a personal project than I first guessed, you should go down in the annals

(and yes that was annals) of Love Scent for effort alone!

Good luck again, although I\'m sure you

won\'t need it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

I'm a whopper!

This stuff

sounds wonderful. The problem is if we like it and it is only a one time deal you will have alot of people

jones\'n\' for it when they run out.

Phero Dude

If it goes well

people will be greatful for having had the opportunity to use it. The great demand could perhaps tempt the good Doc

into perfuming more. Especially if the demand is so much that a higher price would even be more tempting to him.

http://www.love-scent.com/pheros/

Wow, Bruce works fast. I

just found out Pheros is already available, to forum members only! Just follow the above link. Keep in mind

the pictured bottle is beat-up looking compared to what you\'ll get, as that one was my personal stash and had

been in my pocket for some time. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

I

just commented on how I like the look of the package in the \"Big News\" thread.

Banned User

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr

/>
    http://www.love-scent.com/pheros/

Wow, Bruce works fast. I

just found out Pheros is already available, to forum members only! Just follow the above link. Keep in mind

the pictured bottle is beat-up looking compared to what you\'ll get, as that one was my personal stash and had

been in my pocket for some time. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

yeaaaah I order my \'Bottle\' [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

thankyou

good sir

You\'re

welcome, Mr. Bottle, and thank you for ordering my odor!

Enlightened One

As stated by

bundy how will they hold up with postage to ozzy land - that said only 2 bottles will be present in oz both in the

sunshine state to. Lol like those odds lol

Good work DST and Bruce etc.

Thanks,

Watcher!

Let\'s find out how well they held up getting to Colorado, (Perfectly, I hope... my

\"fringers\" are crossed!) then we\'ll find out how well to Ozzyland.

Phero Enthusiast

ha! just put my

order in. Guess it wasn\'t in the top 20 eh?

ah well, i\'ll guess they\'ll be shipped april 2nd

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] lets see who gets bottle number 1 (me me me!)

5 hours too late

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

As stated by bundy how will they hold up with

postage to ozzy land - that said only 2 bottles will be present in oz both in the sunshine state to.

<hr

Ozzy lives down under? Rodents be wary!

Holmes

Since I ordered

Pheromol Factor, I figured \"What the Hell?\" and that I might as well order this as well.

It better not suck,

or it goes right next to my bottle of citrus super primal oil.

It better not suck, or it goes right next to my

bottle of citrus super primal oil.

Yeah! I can make my own

distilled bongwater, bud. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Holmes

I think we\'ve

sold about 60-70 bottles out of the 99.

Bruce

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I agree.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

More now, I

just ordered mine! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Also, I forgot to mention, as always im impatient so I went

for the overnight shipping. May have mine by saturday. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information