Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3

Default Re: 2nd-graders caught in murder plot?!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    </font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    </font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    </font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr

/>
    </font><blockquote><font

Why do people even own guns? I mean if you like to hunt animals I guess that

is an ok reason, but wouldn\'t you have more fun hunting a deer with a spear, it kind of evens out the playing

field a bit more. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I think that right is a bit overrated....No

matter how safe you are with that, if you had kids in your house, you still run a small risk that you have to accept

and everyone in your house has to accept.

Let\'s face it, we can talk about the parents until we are blue in

the face, and that is probably a \'cause of the situation, but some kids are just worse than other kids. Basically

some kids are just EVIL. In this world we have those that are smarter, quicker, more prone to violence, sexual

abuse, serial killing, and these fundementals apply to children. Not all children are sweet as can be, and not all

of them act bad because their parents weren\'t there to slap their hand, though that is a large percentage of it

usually.

So watch out for Chucky. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Is there some reason a person should not be allowed to own a gun? To

protect them from themselves? Look up some crime rate statistics. A good set are the before and after ones when

Florida became a concealed carry state. I hate to sound militant but do you really believe that the government, who

is so weak in punishing criminals is going to protect me and my family? Even despite that, why shouldn\'t any

normal, responsible person be able to own a gun? If nothing else, accurate shooting is a hard won skill that many

are proud to have.

Reality is that more people are killed by car accidents, incompetent doctors and drunk drivers

than are even injured by non-criminal gun owners.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I own guns,

and see the value of it. Where I was raised, violent crime was comparatively low-- particularly home invasions.

Because any home that a criminal might choose to invade was likely to have a shooter in residence.

People also

didn\'t shoot up McDonalds, because chances are that at least one of the patrons was likely to have a concealed

weapons permit.

Now this might get me flamed, but... I think that concealed weapons permits should be available

to people who:
    1) Have no criminal record,
    2) Have demonstrated marksmanship at an \"expert\" level on the

firing range,
    3) Have passed a NRA endorsed smallarms safety course, and
    4) Have passed written and practical

smallarms safety tests.

BTW-- I own guns, but do not hunt. The only things that I have ever killed are many paper

targets. I also practice archery. The fun is in the development of marksmanship skills-- not in the harming of

something.

Agreed! Emphatically

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

And.. though I am a 120# woman, if a criminal chose to invade my home with the intention of

doing harm....he\'s probably toast. Because his weapons skills are likely to be inferior to mine. I\'m trained,

he probably isn\'t.

I feel exactly the same way. My \'Home

defense clip\' is loaded with Talons. If some idiot forces me to shoot him, I want him to stay shot. I have no

problem at all cleaning up somebody else\'s blood.

</font><blockquote><font

/>
    </font><blockquote><font

Why do people even own guns? I mean if you like to hunt animals I guess that

is an ok reason, but wouldn\'t you have more fun hunting a deer with a spear, it kind of evens out the playing

field a bit more. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I think that right is a bit overrated....No

matter how safe you are with that, if you had kids in your house, you still run a small risk that you have to accept

and everyone in your house has to accept.

Let\'s face it, we can talk about the parents until we are blue in

the face, and that is probably a \'cause of the situation, but some kids are just worse than other kids. Basically

some kids are just EVIL. In this world we have those that are smarter, quicker, more prone to violence, sexual

abuse, serial killing, and these fundementals apply to children. Not all children are sweet as can be, and not all

of them act bad because their parents weren\'t there to slap their hand, though that is a large percentage of it

usually.

<hr

protect them from themselves? Look up some crime rate statistics. A good set are the before and after ones when

Florida became a concealed carry state. I hate to sound militant but do you really believe that the government, who

is so weak in punishing criminals is going to protect me and my family? Even despite that, why shouldn\'t any

normal, responsible person be able to own a gun? If nothing else, accurate shooting is a hard won skill that many

are proud to have.

Reality is that more people are killed by car accidents, incompetent doctors and drunk drivers

I own guns,

and see the value of it. Where I was raised, violent crime was comparatively low-- particularly home invasions.

Because any home that a criminal might choose to invade was likely to have a shooter in residence.

People also

didn\'t shoot up McDonalds, because chances are that at least one of the patrons was likely to have a concealed

weapons permit.

Now this might get me flamed, but... I think that concealed weapons permits should be available

to people who:

firing range,

smallarms safety tests.

BTW-- I own guns, but do not hunt. The only things that I have ever killed are many paper

targets. I also practice archery. The fun is in the development of marksmanship skills-- not in the harming of

something.

Agreed! Emphatically

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

And.. though I am a 120# woman, if a criminal chose to invade my home with the intention of

doing harm....he\'s probably toast. Because his weapons skills are likely to be inferior to mine. I\'m trained,

he probably isn\'t.

Kari,

I don\'t hunt so don\'t own

any rifles only handguns. I have three daughters. They can all cut out the bulls-eye at 9 meters with a 22LR pistol.

As soon as they were old and strong enough to safely handle a gun they started learning gun safety and marksmanship.

Like so many other things, training and familiarity removed most of the risk of having them around the house. Gun

safety is practiced here more from years of habit than from any enforced rules. I have few worries because there is

no novelty for them.

Phero Pharaoh

</font><blockquote><font

/>
    </font><blockquote><font

Why do people

even own guns? I mean if you like to hunt animals I guess that is an ok reason, but wouldn\'t you have more fun

hunting a deer with a spear, it kind of evens out the playing field a bit more.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I think that right is a bit overrated....No matter how safe you are

with that, if you had kids in your house, you still run a small risk that you have to accept and everyone in your

house has to accept.

Let\'s face it, we can talk about the parents until we are blue in the face, and that is

probably a \'cause of the situation, but some kids are just worse than other kids. Basically some kids are just

EVIL. In this world we have those that are smarter, quicker, more prone to violence, sexual abuse, serial killing,

and these fundementals apply to children. Not all children are sweet as can be, and not all of them act bad because

their parents weren\'t there to slap their hand, though that is a large percentage of it usually.

So watch out

for Chucky. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Is there some reason a person should not be allowed to own a gun? To protect them from

themselves? Look up some crime rate statistics. A good set are the before and after ones when Florida became a

concealed carry state. I hate to sound militant but do you really believe that the government, who is so weak in

punishing criminals is going to protect me and my family? Even despite that, why shouldn\'t any normal,

responsible person be able to own a gun? If nothing else, accurate shooting is a hard won skill that many are proud

to have.

Reality is that more people are killed by car accidents, incompetent doctors and drunk drivers than are

even injured by non-criminal gun owners.

I own guns, and see the

value of it. Where I was raised, violent crime was comparatively low-- particularly home invasions. Because any home

that a criminal might choose to invade was likely to have a shooter in residence.

People also didn\'t shoot up

McDonalds, because chances are that at least one of the patrons was likely to have a concealed weapons permit.

Now this might get me flamed, but... I think that concealed weapons permits should be available to people

who:
    2) Have demonstrated marksmanship at an \"expert\" level on the firing

range,
    4) Have passed written and practical smallarms

safety tests.

BTW-- I own guns, but do not hunt. The only things that I have ever killed are many paper targets.

I also practice archery. The fun is in the development of marksmanship skills-- not in the harming of something.

Agreed! Emphatically

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

he probably isn\'t.

Kari,

I don\'t hunt so don\'t own

any rifles only handguns. I have three daughters. They can all cut out the bulls-eye at 9 meters with a 22LR pistol.

As soon as they were old and strong enough to safely handle a gun they started learning gun safety and marksmanship.

Like so many other things, training and familiarity removed most of the risk of having them around the house. Gun

safety is practiced here more from years of habit than from any enforced rules. I have few worries because there is

no novelty for them.

Yep. That was my upbringing, too.

Taught to shoot SAFELY as soon as I was old enough to lift a gun. No accidents in that house. Ever.

Kari,

I don\'t hunt so don\'t own any

rifles only handguns. I have three daughters. They can all cut out the bulls-eye at 9 meters with a 22LR pistol. As

soon as they were old and strong enough to safely handle a gun they started learning gun safety and marksmanship.

no novelty for them.

Yep. That was my upbringing, too.

Taught to shoot SAFELY as soon as I was old enough to lift a gun. No accidents in that house. Ever.

<hr

That\'s the difference between responsible gun ownership and these macho

morons who think they are toys. While it is not a secret, most people don\'t even realize I own guns.

</font><blockquote><font

Yes I know Pancho, some kids are just evil, and are well aware of their

actions. The whole \"What about the kids, or how will the kids handle this.\" stuff in America is way over done. I

still feel if a 13, 14, 15 year old or even younger who has done something criminal say like murder, they deserve

life in jail or death (debatable [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). Kids are babied and age is

usually used as a exploitation. Jeffery Dahmer was cutting up animals when he was younger, and yes he is evil and

was \"f$cked up\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

If the dog can learn that it may not bite people, why can\'t a child learn that s/he may not

do harm?

They can and do, but there are sociopath\'s(sp?) at

all ages.

I think people are watching too much \"Children

are miracles and our future\" \"they do no wrong!\" Oprah crap. Sure they are, but this total focus on children

has gone a bit too far to a point of oversatuation.

We are so

afraid of \"abusing\" our children that they are running the show. The authority of the parent or teacher is so

watered down that if a kid wants to go bad who can stop them?

You\'re on a boat with your mother, your spouse,

and your baby. The boat is sinking, and you only have the strength to take one back to shore. The others are

unable to make it on their own, and you are the only one who can save one of them. Who do you save?

<hr

Spouse

</font><blockquote><font

Yes I know

Pancho, some kids are just evil, and are well aware of their actions. The whole \"What about the kids, or how will

the kids handle this.\" stuff in America is way over done. I still feel if a 13, 14, 15 year old or even younger

who has done something criminal say like murder, they deserve life in jail or death (debatable

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). Kids are babied and age is usually used as a exploitation.

Jeffery Dahmer was cutting up animals when he was younger, and yes he is evil and was \"f$cked up\"

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If the dog can

learn that it may not bite people, why can\'t a child learn that s/he may not do harm?

<hr

They can and do, but there are sociopath\'s(sp?) at all ages.

<hr

Unfortunately, that\'s true. The real issue here is identifying and

helping them. Many mental conditions respond well to drug therapy and new ones are being developed to help many

more. Prevention is key to the problem, schools and parents both have got to be involved to make it work. Now many

parents refuse to admit a problem exists and the schools are powerless in most cases.

</font><blockquote><font

Why do people

even own guns? I mean if you like to hunt animals I guess that is an ok reason, but wouldn\'t you have more fun

hunting a deer with a spear, it kind of evens out the playing field a bit more.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I think that right is a bit overrated....No matter how safe you are

with that, if you had kids in your house, you still run a small risk that you have to accept and everyone in your

house has to accept.

Let\'s face it, we can talk about the parents until we are blue in the face, and that is

probably a \'cause of the situation, but some kids are just worse than other kids. Basically some kids are just

EVIL. In this world we have those that are smarter, quicker, more prone to violence, sexual abuse, serial killing,

and these fundementals apply to children. Not all children are sweet as can be, and not all of them act bad because

their parents weren\'t there to slap their hand, though that is a large percentage of it usually.

So watch out

for Chucky. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Is there some reason a person should not be allowed to own a gun? To protect them from

themselves? Look up some crime rate statistics. A good set are the before and after ones when Florida became a

concealed carry state. I hate to sound militant but do you really believe that the government, who is so weak in

punishing criminals is going to protect me and my family? Even despite that, why shouldn\'t any normal,

responsible person be able to own a gun? If nothing else, accurate shooting is a hard won skill that many are proud

to have.

Reality is that more people are killed by car accidents, incompetent doctors and drunk drivers than are

even injured by non-criminal gun owners.

I own guns, and see the

value of it. Where I was raised, violent crime was comparatively low-- particularly home invasions. Because any home

that a criminal might choose to invade was likely to have a shooter in residence.

People also didn\'t shoot up

McDonalds, because chances are that at least one of the patrons was likely to have a concealed weapons permit.

Now this might get me flamed, but... I think that concealed weapons permits should be available to people

who:
    2) Have demonstrated marksmanship at an \"expert\" level on the firing

range,
    4) Have passed written and practical smallarms

safety tests.

BTW-- I own guns, but do not hunt. The only things that I have ever killed are many paper targets.

I also practice archery. The fun is in the development of marksmanship skills-- not in the harming of something.

If this were true and you could kill someone attacking you, then I

think violent crime in America would drop dramatically.

</font><blockquote><font

I think people are watching too much \"Children are miracles and our

future\" \"they do no wrong!\" Oprah crap. Sure they are, but this total focus on children has gone a bit too far

to a point of oversatuation.

We are so afraid of \"abusing\"

our children that they are running the show. The authority of the parent or teacher is so watered down that if a

kid wants to go bad who can stop them?

It\'s really sad when

you can be charged with abuse for discipling your kid but it happens all to frequently. And as bad is when the

schools enforce the rules only to have the parents take it to court. What does that teach the kids?

</font><blockquote><font

/>
    Why do people even own guns? I mean if you like

to hunt animals I guess that is an ok reason, but wouldn\'t you have more fun hunting a deer with a spear, it kind

of evens out the playing field a bit more. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I think that right is a

bit overrated....No matter how safe you are with that, if you had kids in your house, you still run a small risk

that you have to accept and everyone in your house has to accept.

Let\'s face it, we can talk about the parents

until we are blue in the face, and that is probably a \'cause of the situation, but some kids are just worse than

other kids. Basically some kids are just EVIL. In this world we have those that are smarter, quicker, more prone to

violence, sexual abuse, serial killing, and these fundementals apply to children. Not all children are sweet as can

be, and not all of them act bad because their parents weren\'t there to slap their hand, though that is a large

percentage of it usually.

<hr

are proud to have.

I own guns,

People also

weapons permit.

to people who:

firing range,

smallarms safety tests.

something.

If this were true and you could kill someone attacking

you, then I think violent crime in America would drop dramatically.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Is there some reason you can\'t?

</font><blockquote><font

Kari,

I don\'t hunt so don\'t own any rifles only handguns. I have

three daughters. They can all cut out the bulls-eye at 9 meters with a 22LR pistol. As soon as they were old and

strong enough to safely handle a gun they started learning gun safety and marksmanship. Like so many other things,

training and familiarity removed most of the risk of having them around the house. Gun safety is practiced here more

from years of habit than from any enforced rules. I have few worries because there is no novelty for them.

Yep. That was my upbringing, too. Taught to shoot SAFELY as soon

as I was old enough to lift a gun. No accidents in that house. Ever.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

That\'s the difference between responsible gun ownership and these macho morons who think

they are toys. While it is not a secret, most people don\'t even realize I own guns.

<hr

I am opening a fifth of Vodka because I agree with Bel and Kari.....

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font

/>

Kari,

I don\'t hunt so don\'t own any rifles only handguns. I have three daughters. They can all cut

out the bulls-eye at 9 meters with a 22LR pistol. As soon as they were old and strong enough to safely handle a gun

they started learning gun safety and marksmanship. Like so many other things, training and familiarity removed most

of the risk of having them around the house. Gun safety is practiced here more from years of habit than from any

enforced rules. I have few worries because there is no novelty for them.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Yep. That was my upbringing, too. Taught to shoot SAFELY as soon as I was old enough to lift a

gun. No accidents in that house. Ever.

That\'s the difference

between responsible gun ownership and these macho morons who think they are toys. While it is not a secret, most

people don\'t even realize I own guns.

I am opening a fifth of

Vodka because I agree with Bel and Kari..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

<hr

Leave it in the freezer for a couple hours then chase it with cold water.

You\'ll never feel it go down. Hell of a way to get really plastered.

Phero Pharaoh

</font><blockquote><font

Yes I know

Pancho, some kids are just evil, and are well aware of their actions. The whole \"What about the kids, or how will

the kids handle this.\" stuff in America is way over done. I still feel if a 13, 14, 15 year old or even younger

who has done something criminal say like murder, they deserve life in jail or death (debatable

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). Kids are babied and age is usually used as a exploitation.

Jeffery Dahmer was cutting up animals when he was younger, and yes he is evil and was \"f$cked up\"

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If the dog can

learn that it may not bite people, why can\'t a child learn that s/he may not do harm?

<hr

They can and do, but there are sociopath\'s(sp?) at all ages.

<hr

TOO true. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

</font><blockquote><font

/>
    Yes I know Pancho, some kids are just evil, and

are well aware of their actions. The whole \"What about the kids, or how will the kids handle this.\" stuff in

America is way over done. I still feel if a 13, 14, 15 year old or even younger who has done something criminal say

like murder, they deserve life in jail or death (debatable [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). Kids

are babied and age is usually used as a exploitation. Jeffery Dahmer was cutting up animals when he was younger, and

yes he is evil and was \"f$cked up\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr

If the dog can learn that it may not bite people, why can\'t a child

learn that s/he may not do harm?

They can and do, but there are

sociopath\'s(sp?) at all ages.

Unfortunately, that\'s true.

The real issue here is identifying and helping them. Many mental conditions respond well to drug therapy and new

ones are being developed to help many more. Prevention is key to the problem, schools and parents both have got to

be involved to make it work. Now many parents refuse to admit a problem exists and the schools are powerless in most

cases.

... which is unfortunate, because incipient sociopathy is

fairly easy to indetify, early on.

The problem with all these gun laws is that criminals don\'t abide by them.

And the problem with kids today

may stem from an unhealthy diet, lack of vigorous exercise, and ofcourse the lack of discipline and parenting in

general in so many American households.

So let\'s get mom off the valium. Dad off the scotch. Kids off the

couch. Stop with the freakin happy meals, and eliminate the pounds, and pounds, and pounds of SUGAR that these kids

eat in a year.

And then if your kid is still a troublemaker. Ship him off to military school.

I know it

sounds simplistic. But maybe we need a little more simplicity in our overly complicated lives.

Exit,

You are really starting to worry me. Other than the military school, I couldn\'t agree more. Although

the idea of every person being required to do some form of service, military or civil, for about 18 months after

they finish school has a lot of merit.

People who don\'t want to put in the effort to raise kids need to either

practice birth control or keep their friggin pants on. There\'s a lot of time and effort that goes into raising

civilized human beings.

The problem with all these gun laws is that

criminals don\'t abide by them.

Yup, we have plenty of laws.

What we need to do is enforce them. Spend the time and effort to catch and punish criminals to the degree that it

makes a lasting impression. I personally have no problem at all with chain gangs out cleaning the streets, in the

desert, in August!

Phero Pharaoh

Exit,

You are really starting to worry me. Other

than the military school, I couldn\'t agree more. Although the idea of every person being required to do some form

of service, military or civil, for about 18 months after they finish school has a lot of merit.

People who

don\'t want to put in the effort to raise kids need to either practice birth control or keep their friggin pants

on. There\'s a lot of time and effort that goes into raising civilized human beings.

<hr

Agreed. There was local case of an unhandleable child. The school tried

to get the parents involved. The parents said,\" We\'re stuck with them three months out of the year. The rest of

the year they\'re the school\'s problem.\"

Um.... why did you have kids?

Well the thing with the military schools is that they provide a much needed discipline. Although it\'s not right

to ship your kids off and wash your hands of them.

How about a couple of hundred military style semi-boarding

public high schools. Maybe the kids can come home on weekends. And when they reach a certain age they can be sent

to a real army boot camp. These schools can target inner-city kids who don\'t exactly have nuclear families.

My point is that without proper discipline and education these kids are screwed. Especially in todays economy.

Well the thing with the military schools is that

they provide a much needed discipline. Although it\'s not right to ship your kids off and wash your hands of

them.

How about a couple of hundred military style semi-boarding public high schools. Maybe the kids can come

home on weekends. And when they reach a certain age they can be sent to a real army boot camp. These schools can

target inner-city kids who don\'t exactly have nuclear families.

My point is that without proper discipline

and education these kids are screwed. Especially in todays economy.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

So, will these schools have the authority to enforce discipline? Without being sued twice a

week for making kids behave? You\'ll get no argument about the need for discipline with kids. The biggest problem

is starting so late. Kids need it as soon as they can comprehend it and that is very young. By doing it then, less

is needed later.

</font><blockquote><font

/>
    Yes I know Pancho, some kids are just evil, and

are well aware of their actions. The whole \"What about the kids, or how will the kids handle this.\" stuff in

America is way over done. I still feel if a 13, 14, 15 year old or even younger who has done something criminal say

like murder, they deserve life in jail or death (debatable [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). Kids

are babied and age is usually used as a exploitation. Jeffery Dahmer was cutting up animals when he was younger, and

yes he is evil and was \"f$cked up\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr

If the dog can learn that it may not bite people, why can\'t a child

learn that s/he may not do harm?

They can and do, but there are

sociopath\'s(sp?) at all ages.

TOO true.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Frozen Vodka is