Special issue: Evolutionary and neurohormonal perspectives on human sexuality.

Women\'s sexual

experience during the menstrual cycle: identification of the sexual phase by noninvasive measurement of luteinizing

hormone. p 82-94

Surprise; it all comes down to levels of luteinizing hormone (LH). Androstenol increases LH

levels in women, so do axillary secretions from men. Does this mean that wearing an androstenol containing pheromone

fragrance (like SOE) will get you laid? No! Does it mean a woman in the \"sexual phase\" of her cycle will be more

interested in you? If she\'s not, you\'re probably not smiling enough.

Co-authors on the aforementioned

article include some well known pheromone researchers, most notably Martha McClintock. So why are these folks not

doing pheromone research, and instead of coming up with the new term \"sexual phase\" of the cycle, while doing

neurohormonal research, specifically on LH levels? Could it be that they\'ve read Kohl\'s 1992 paper: LH the

link between sex and the sense of smell? I think there will be some interesting discussion at the Association for

Chemoreception Sciences annual meeting next month. I\'m planning on riding down on the Valkyrie, which will make

it even more fun.

Other articles of interest, also in this special issue of JSR. Hope some of you have access via

your local library.

As usual, I\'ll post AChemS conference abstracts of interest to my site when they become

available.