Ok

chaps listen up, I\'ve got an idea and I need your help.

First of all I\'ll share the info I\'ve

already got.

I came up with this idea after being madly in love with someone for about 4 years, particularly

obsessed for a month.
On one particular day I went into town for some clothes shopping. I was totally love

sick, kept going the wrong way, bought the wrong size jeans. I noticed that I was sweating in a different way to

usual. Next time this happens to you you\'ll understand what I mean; hot flush. Your body\'s kicking out

\'mones like crazy, you\'re sweating but instead of the usual urea-salt-water mix it feels different, more

liquid, less heat. You start sweating immediately even though you haven\'t moved for example. I originally thought

this sort of thing only really happens in the heat of a moment, not all day long.

Throughout that days

shopping I got 3 or 4 Deer-in-headlights-looks from all sorts of women. Unfortunately I didn\'t care as a result

of being somewhat love-ill. I probably got more attention but didn\'t notice.

Now. If only I could

recapture what happened that day when I\'m in my right mind.

\'mones are in sweat but that doesn\'t

necessarily going down the gym will cut it. Really what we need is to find someone we really like. The body will

only respond if it sees someone it really likes. I don\'t know about you but for some reason this hasn\'t

happened to me in years ...I could do with finding a different circle of friends. Possibily however, I\'ve grown

up and no longer happy with dumb blondes.

How can we get the body to start producing \'mones at a level

akin to the hot-flush?

There has been efforts to aid \'mone production. I\'ve seen supplements

available on trashy websites but I serious doubt they work. I haven\'t found any scientific backup for the idea

...yet.

But I have found something that could be very promising. The idea is simple:

- sweat like

crazy and stop the bacteria that causes the BO.

Here are some links to product to do this and I\'ll be

trying them out if something similar is available in UK-Boots:

mineral based

bbc article

I\'ll report back with any

results. Some work by blocking iron; needed by the bacteria. Ideally I\'ll try it in the summer with a shirt

drenched in the stuff and dried out. I\'m quite hopeful as there\'s nothing complicated about it, I\'m just

hoping they actually stop the bacteria rather than the sweat itself. (It\'s kind of a shame to waste

anti-bacterials on this if everyone used - the use of this kind of thing in soaps, floor cleaner and the like is

reducing thier usefulness and producing `super-bugs`)

In the mean-time what other approaches are

there?

Farmers use \'mones a heck of a lot. I originally thought that they just used spray-on \'mones to

(for example) encourage a bull to mate. But I think there may be more to it?
I have access to this scientific

database:
Web of science
so I can search for info for you if you

like. The trouble I\'m finding at the moment is that the majority of research is either directed at agriculture,

often flies and cattle, or kept behind closed doors.

We do a course we at my Uni called \"Perfumery\",

only one of its kind in the world. Have you guys got any questions for the guy that runs it? I met him on a

marketing course but he says he was originally a chemist who originally formulated smells for various perfume

companies etc.

- Do any of you guys know farmers who feed anything special to thier livestock to encourage

mating? Or sprays?
- Any thoughts on how to encourage the body to produce \'mones?
- any links to similar

bacteria stopping compounds? Or alternative methods? I know you can embed socks with anti BO, perhaps there are

other clothes available?
- If you can could you post any scientific quality research, or overviews of \'mone

production. I\'m having trouble searching
- got any questions for the Perfume expert I know? I\'m not sure I

can still get in contact but I\'ll try.
- know of any relevent journals to \'mones?
- why does Musk work?

Do other animal \'mones work and why? Why aren\'t women attracted to Deer??
- have we had a poll on most

effective mix? Would be interested to see a collective view rather than one guy saying \"it worked for

me\".

- any other suggestions

Be sure to post back on any info you find. Thanks for any pointers.

Good luck trying out the sweat option too.

Some more

links:
U.S. patent search for `pheromone`
uk patent search (down at

time of writing)

Quotes:
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
One

clever British inventor has patented a method of extracting debt payment from deadbeats by coating dunning letters

with 13 possible male hormone extracts in order to subconciously produce a submissive response in reaction to

dominant and threatening smells (GB 2241437)

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

For males who do not wish to communicate

by olfaction and want the ultimate deodorant, there is hope. The bodily production of androstenol related substances

has been suppressed in pigs by immunization (US patent 4610877). Possibly the same method could work in

humans!

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr

/>

Other researchers have found suspected human pheromones in saliva and semen

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

George Dodd of the

University of Warwick claims to have discovered a steroid he calls Osmone 1, a possible progenitor of androstenone,

which has tranquilizing qualities in aromatherapy. He relates a curious fact that women are 1000 times more

sensitive than men to the odour of steroid musk molecules.

general page / source