Close

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 21222 ... LastLast
    Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default Re: London calling

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Once someone

commits a terrorist act, they get what\'s coming to them. What does \"negotiate\" mean? In general you negotiate

when you stand to get something out of it. We were willing to sort of negotiate with the Taliban when we thought

they might turn Bin Laden over. It\'s all very pragmatic, cold and calculated. Terrorists have useful information,

and are a symptom of something bigger that we need to understand. Terrorist psychology is an important source of

information. You don\'t make concessions to terrorists, per se. You try to understand where they are coming

from, as much as possible (It\'s not just, <robotic voice>\"I am evil, boom boom!\"). In general

you act with integrity regardless of what terrorists want. The \"integrity card\" trumps the \"non-concession

card\", when and if value conflicts should occur. It would be a bit immature and morally sloppy to just see what

they want first, and then do the opposite. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] If integrity means

giving understanding and justice to Muslim folk, as well as Israelis, well then it does. It would be horribly

embarrasing indeed to realize some moral duty only after a terrorist reminded you, hypothetically speaking. That

would represent a pretty big moral failure. But two wrongs would never make a right.

Freedom is freedom to do

the best thing. If we let terrorists unwittingly kill our souls, our moral freedom, what would we have left to

protect?

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Once someone commits a terrorist act, they get

what\'s coming to them. What does \"negotiate\" mean? In general you negotiate when you stand to get something

out of it. We were willing to sort of negotiate with the Taliban when we thought they might turn Bin Laden over.

It\'s all very pragmatic, cold and calculated. Terrorists have useful information, and are a symptom of something

bigger that we need to understand. Terrorist psychology is an important source of information. You don\'t make

concessions to terrorists, per se. You try to understand where they are coming from, as much as possible

(It\'s not just, &lt;robotic voice&gt;\"I am evil, boom boom!\"). In general you act with integrity

regardless of what terrorists want. The \"integrity card\" trumps the \"non-concession card\", when and if value

conflicts should occur. It would be a bit immature and morally sloppy to just see what they want first, and then do

the opposite. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] If integrity means giving understanding and justice

to Muslim folk, as well as Israelis, well then it does. It would be horribly embarrasing indeed to realize some

moral duty only after a terrorist reminded you, hypothetically speaking. That would represent a pretty big moral

failure. But two wrongs would never make a right.

Freedom is freedom to do the best thing. If we let terrorists

unwittingly kill our souls, our moral freedom, what would we have left to protect?

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Excellent Post!

Once someone commits a terrorist act, they get

what\'s coming to them. What does \"negotiate\" mean? In general you negotiate when you stand to get something

out of it. We were willing to sort of negotiate with the Taliban when we thought they might turn Bin Laden over.

It\'s all very pragmatic, cold and calculated. Terrorists have useful information, and are a symptom of something

bigger that we need to understand. Terrorist psychology is an important source of information. You don\'t make

concessions to terrorists, per se. You try to understand where they are coming from, as much as possible

(It\'s not just, &lt;robotic voice&gt;\"I am evil, boom boom!\"). In general you act with integrity

regardless of what terrorists want. The \"integrity card\" trumps the \"non-concession card\", when and if value

conflicts should occur. It would be a bit immature and morally sloppy to just see what they want first, and then do

the opposite. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] If integrity means giving understanding and justice

to Muslim folk, as well as Israelis, well then it does. It would be horribly embarrasing indeed to realize some

moral duty only after a terrorist reminded you, hypothetically speaking. That would represent a pretty big moral

failure. But two wrongs would never make a right.

Freedom is freedom to do the best thing. If we let terrorists

unwittingly kill our souls, our moral freedom, what would we have left to protect?

<hr

just like you said the ( price of freedom is eternal vigilance

).

DZorro,

you always have to

keep your guard up when freedom is concern, and never falter.

DZorro,

Man of La Pancha

Perspective is

everything...

Everything is perspective. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Banned User

Hey Pancho when is

your new single coming out? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Don\'t you belong to that Muslim

Extremist hip-hop group known as \"Suicide Bombing Brothers\"? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Everyone kick Pancho\'s ass.....BBB get him good. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey Pancho when is your new single coming out?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Don\'t you belong to that Muslim Extremist hip-hop group known

as \"Suicide Bombing Brothers\"? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Everyone kick Pancho\'s

ass.....BBB get him good. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Bad bad pancho [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] kick kick slam

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

DZorro,

Man of La Pancha

I think, by

definition, the Suicide Bombing Brothers\' first hit would be their last...

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

*groans from all over the world unite*

Seriously, though,

the group broke up since career projects took them in separate directions. They will, however, reunite on the

occasional holiday...

If you\'re looking for solo work, well...if someone actually enjoyed anything I\'ve

ever made, I\'d probably make another one.............draw your own conclusions.........

Banned User

I am dying to hear

another song from SBB....in the next song can you blow up at the end, that would be amazing!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] You guys were so good, I loved the debut \"Dropping Bombs on

yo\' ass\" and \"Put that veil back on hoe\"

I can\'t wait to hear more keep up the good work Pancho, much

suppport.

Journeyman

Default Re: London calling -

I was just trying to make a point to

thingscouldbe, that these terrorists can\'t be negotiate with, like he said in his previous posts

<hr

I NEVER EVER said that and never would!!! This is dumb, sorry... AND the

post you\'re actually refering to was explained already like 3 times by myself and even Doc...

Are you starting

to make up stuff now to get back at me?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

OK, you beat me: All

Muslims are evil and should be hunted down for being potential terrorists!!! Happy now?? Well, how would you want to

differentiate a terrorist from a plain muslim?? I see that now and that\'s why I converted to your believes!

Are you starting to make up stuff now to get back

at me??

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Sounds like a fun thing to do. Why the heck not!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Why did you say that we should start giving terrorists half of our

paychecks??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

thingscouldwork....are you serious when you say we should start handing out free tickets to Broadway musicals for

all terrorists that promise to behave??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

That is the stupidest

idea I have heard as of yet!

Did somebdy say they

were giving out free tickets to Fiddler on the Roof?! I am SO there!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Did somebdy say they were giving out free tickets

to Fiddler on the Roof?! I am SO there! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr

No...it\'s only free if you are a terrorist.

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Why did you say that we should start giving

terrorists half of our paychecks???

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> must have missed that post

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

must have missed that post

<hr

Thingscouldwork suggested it along with spa treatments and free

manicures.

Journeyman

Thingscouldwork suggested it along with spa

treatments and free manicures.

Not only that!! Free lodging and

the possibility of a career in the Delta Force!! If they have to be trained, at least make it descent!!!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Banned User

</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    must have missed that post

Thingscouldwork suggested it along with spa treatments and free manicures.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

And a puppy! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Phero Pharaoh

</font><blockquote><font

Perspective is everything...

Everything is perspective.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

That is SOOOOO

Zen!

Banned User

Personally I say

you give every terrorist a Michael Bolton CD, if that doesn\'t turn their frown upside down nothing will...if

anything else it is worthy for some pain.

For all you other Bolotonholics out there you know what I mean.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Banned User

\"Said I loved

you, but I lied\" (great song) is the type of two faced behavior that one sees with terrorist....you see everything

is relevant [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I\'m in the grey zone baby!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

knock knock, who\'s

there ??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

DZorro,

Default Re: Sorry to keep this going but...

This is an editorial I read a couple days ago. It brought up a point I hadn\'t considered. If this was an

al-quaeda attack, and it seems more and more that it was, then Spain may have inadvertently set its neighbors up for

similar pre-election hits. That includes the US.

THE SPANISH DISEASE

The reign in Spain died mainly on

the train. I apologize for a silly, but irresistible, opening to a deadly and portentous topic: the electoral fall

of our ally Jose Maria Aznar\'s Popular Party in the aftermath of a presumed Al Qaeda terrorist assault on a

Madrid train.

The Spanish electorate decided to defeat its government for seeming to bring Islamist terrorist

slaughter to Spain. It is true that a large majority of Spaniards never supported their government\'s decision to

send troops to Iraq. Nonetheless, the day before the terrorist attack, every Spanish poll and political expert

predicted a solid win for Aznar\'s party.

But after the attack, about three million Spanish voters changed

their impending electoral decision. Thus, their vote was not out of anger at Aznar\'s policy but out of fear of

the terrorists\' wrath. And so we are returned to Winston Churchill\'s lamentation about avoiding crocodiles.

On Jan. 20, 1940, four months after Hitler invaded Poland, Churchill gave a world address to urge the neutral

nations of Europe to abandon appeasement and rally round the Union Jack and the French Tricolor (France was still in

the fight then) as the surest path to safety against the Nazi onslaught: \"At present their (the neutrals) plight

is lamentable; and it will become much worse. They bow humbly and in fear of German threats &amp;#8230; Each one

hopes that if he feeds the crocodile enough, the crocodile will eat him last. All of them hope that the storm will

pass before their turn comes to be devoured. But I fear -- I fear greatly -- the storm will not pass. It will rage

and it will roar, ever more loudly, ever more widely.\" The European neutrals, however, continued to appease --

until, in the spring, they were devoured.

Appeasers are likely to underestimate the price of appeasement. They

always assume that peace and tranquility are available at some price. But the crocodile doesn\'t want a finger or

a toe -- he wants the whole carcass.

The Spanish voters\' fear is understandable. But not only have they not

saved themselves from further harvest by the Saracen scimitar, they also have increased the likelihood and advanced

the arrival of similar slaughters for their cousins in the streets of Europe and America. It is hard not to assume

that within the Al Qaeda war councils, advocates of pre-election terror attacks have gained a fearsome advantage.

But notwithstanding the evidence of the terrorists\' unlimited objectives, the verisimilitude of logic that

appeasement offers the fearful remains comforting -- if falsely so. Appeasement has an awful, seeming logic to it

because we all practice appeasement every day -- with our spouses, our children, our bosses, etc. Interlocutors with

limited goals are often usefully appeased if the cost of conflict is more than the cost of appeasement (\"Yes,

dear, I\'ll be glad to clean up the garage\").

And when the cost of non-appeasement (i.e., the decision to

fight) is very high, we are strongly motivated to assume our opponent has limited demands -- in order for the

cost-benefit calculus to continue to lead us to the comforting appeasement option. I have little doubt but that,

since the Spanish election returns, politicians across the globe have become tempted to harvest such votes of fear,

because the politicians themselves are suffering under the same false calculus of cost/benefit.

Now we must wait

and see which other Western electorates might succumb to the Spanish disease. It would be easy, and comforting, to

assume that Americans will be resistant. After all, we are renowned for our unflinching instinct to rally round the

flag when American blood has been spilled. But the Spaniard, too, is renowned for his courage -- at least as an

individual.

It is only by the vigor and pride of a nation\'s collective body politic that it may be immune to

the disease of appeasement. In the coming months and years, America, Britain, Poland Australia and other countries

will all be tested.

Already, millions of Americans have put the war on terrorism out of mind -- content to

express support for politicians whose terrorism policy is largely to turn it over to the United Nations and the

Interpol. President Bush is mocked by comedians and Washington journalists alike for the assertion that he is a

wartime president. Anyone who thinks that is funny doesn\'t think there is a war. For a threat so minimized, we

need not pay the high price of eternal vigilance. There is probably about a four in 10 chance that the American

electorate will come down with the Spanish disease this November.

Eventually, of course, as the genocidal nature

of the Islamist fury becomes manifest even to the most obtuse, all will rally to the resistance -- as eventually

they did in occupied Europe against Hitler. The question that remains is how many more must die before the maximum

war-fighting effort is mounted by the united civilized nations.

Tony Blankley is editorial page editor of The

Washington Times. To find out more about Tony Blankley and read his past columns, visit the Creators Syndicate Web

page at www.creators.com.

Yes, I

think it was USD and I that both mentioned that in this thread. Spain sent a clear message to Al -quaeda and other

terrorist groups, that terrorism works. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

That\'s why I said it

would never have happened in the US. I really believe that. After 9/11 we fought back with a vengeance against

terrorism and if it were to happen to us before elections we would go for the voice that spoke the loudest against

terrorism.

Journeyman

But after the attack, about three

million Spanish voters changed their impending electoral decision. Thus, their vote was not out of anger at

Aznar\'s policy but out of fear of the terrorists\' wrath. And so we are returned to Winston Churchill\'s

lamentation about avoiding crocodiles.

Jep, just what I thought

to myself as it happened... I recon we might see more terrorist attacks specifically targeted to change election

results to a \"anti-Bush/Iraq-War\" Party...

I took your comments (iirc) to mean that Al-quaeda would get the idea it would be able to walk over countries that

caved in that way. It didn\'t occur to me (unless I read you wrong and missed you saying it) that they might start

planning to hit other countries on the eve of elections.

Yes, I think it was USD and I that both mentioned

that in this thread. Spain sent a clear message to Al -quaeda and other terrorist groups, that terrorism works.

That\'s why I said it would never have happened in the US. I

really believe that. After 9/11 we fought back with a vengeance against terrorism and if it were to happen to us

before elections we would go for the voice that spoke the loudest against terrorism.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

What really worries me is if people will really know which voice will speak the loudest.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Yes, I

said I fear that England is next.

</font><blockquote><font

Yes, I think it was USD and I that both mentioned that in this thread. Spain

sent a clear message to Al -quaeda and other terrorist groups, that terrorism works.

That\'s why I said it would never have happened in the US. I

really believe that. After 9/11 we fought back with a vengeance against terrorism and if it were to happen to us

before elections we would go for the voice that spoke the loudest against terrorism.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

What really worries me is if people will really know which voice will speak the loudest.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

You should be

worried. This is our world.

Banned User

Woooooo, after thinking about it, I kind of look forward to dying and leaving this freak show, crap infested,

wrong, unjust, hypocritical, b/s World.

I can\'t wait to talk to myself in my coffen and if someone wants to

blow me up, it don\'t matter I am dead...yeaaaaaa! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 21222 ... LastLast

Thread Information