Thread: Cigarettes

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Default Re: Cigarettes

visit-red-300x50PNG
    </font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cigarette\'s should be

banned in my opinion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I

thought America was the land of the free...

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> Another land that

loves hyprocracy, like so many others. It is a great country in many ways, for instance for business - try getting

your own business off the ground in a place like germany -it´s sheer impossible

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    UK is another great place - it´s much more free in terms of

personal choice than the USA. Although it´s been going more in that direction too

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

You´re free in America as long as you don´t aks for personal

freedom or are, well, mega conservative I guess [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    Any place that

is so obsessed with the bible or religion is suspect in my view [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Gotta give them credit for having allowed MJ to be used for

medical use in some states at least though! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

yeah there are polutants

out there worse than cigarette smoke. but what about my freedom of choice not to have it in my face? it shouldnt be

illegal, but it shouldnt be allowed in public places what so ever (bars, restaurants etc etc) its good its getting

banned like that in most places. I know i cant stop people from smoking in their own homes, but damnit when i come

over i wish they would :P

right hugely though that people should be more informed about the problems of smoking

etc, education is key in stopping alot of problems.... but then again if the smoking causes them to be dumber,

theyre not going to understand the real concequences :P

Man of La Pancha

I agree with everyone

has a right to do something until you start harming others. An individual who pollutes the air with noise is

considered to be a criminal (disturbing the peace, noise violations, etc.), so why can\'t someone who pollutes my

air with their sh*t be held accountable? They should pay my f*cking dry cleaning for the layers upon layers of

smoke that cleaning products have to remove from my clothes.

No harm? How about my right to breathe?!?!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I always thought I had that right until I walked around

smoke-filled rooms as a kid and almost had a heart attack. I agree they should also move to cleaner forms of

transportation and ban the production of purely-gasoline cars because of the pollution. Yes, you\'ll say that

they have to ban industrial pollution and everything else as well, but \"a journey of 1,000 miles begins with a

single step\"...that and how about I turn it around with an equally ridiculous argument and say, \"since

cigarettes are okay, why don\'t we just legalize weed, coke, crack, LSD, PCP, and everything else since they\'re

technically mind-altering substances that harm yourself as well as others.\" Yes, that\'s ridiculous, but so is

saying it\'s \"all or nothing\" for everything.

If you want to compare it to alcohol, you must first get

around to the side that drinking alcohol doesn\'t directly harm other people...it\'s the actions that are taken

following the consumption of the beverage that is the problem. However, just the act of lighting a cigarette puts

all kinds of crap in the air that can harm other people, and it\'s not even to good use such as getting people

from A to B or producing a good or service that may benefit others. It\'s not like the smoker of the cigarette

can keep the toxins to himself unless he was a little bit tipsy and blew the smoke into someone\'s face on

purpose.

No, noone will ever do anything like banning cigarettes or the production of purely gasoline

engines.

Yes, I realize that all of this would cause a chain reaction that would destroy the economy as we

know it (every gas station in the U.S. would lose ~1/2 their revenues in a few years if everyone switched to hybrid

cars, the government would lose billions of dollars in tax revenue from the banning of cigarettes and the loss of

gasoline sales (they\'re two of the highest-taxed goods in the nation)), but what the hell?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I don\'t really care, I just wanted to play

\"activist\" since I usually don\'t have an opinion on anything.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] All I know is that I\'m glad that they\'ve banned cigarette

smoke in many public areas because it\'s soooooooooo disgusting. Do what you want, just keep that crap away from

me.

*cough**cough*cancer*cough**cough*

I\'m going to get bombarded because of this post...oh,

well. Just remember if you wish to argue not to point this crap on me because I\'m not about to stand up to the

Supreme Court and present a case. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

You\'re right, Nobody

should be forced to have smoke or other pollutants in their faces. Personally, I like the idea of seperating areas

for smokers with seperate ventilation systems. After all, smokers help pay the bills for those places, don\'t

they? My solution is to not go places where people are smoking. It solves the problem for me.

I don\'t see how

smoking could really make people dumber. Some people always will be inconsiderate idiots, no matter what.

Unfortunately, they breed.

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    how about I turn it around with an equally

ridiculous argument and say, \"since cigarettes are okay, why don\'t we just legalize weed, coke, crack, LSD,

PCP, and everything else since they\'re technically mind-altering substances that harm yourself as well as

others.\" Yes, that\'s ridiculous, but so is saying it\'s \"all or nothing\" for everything.

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

On the same grounds that people are allowed to consume alcohol, I see no

reason that those drugs are illegal. Alcohol is at least as addictive as heroin and does far more damage to the

body. It is also much more likely to be associated with harm done to others either through physical violence or

drunk driving. Again, alcohol is socially acceptable is the real difference.

Man of La Pancha

You\'re right, Nobody should be forced to have

smoke or other pollutants in their faces. Personally, I like the idea of seperating areas for smokers with seperate

ventilation systems. After all, smokers help pay the bills for those places, don\'t they?

<hr

I respect that answer a lot, Bel (if my opinion means anything

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]). It\'s a very good solution when you have an issue of

conflicting freedoms. If no one will budge for now, at least require air filters for the smoke to allow everyone to

breathe easier until people become educated enough to realize that all smoking does is empty your wallet.

</font><blockquote><font

You\'re right, Nobody should be forced to have smoke or other pollutants in

their faces. Personally, I like the idea of seperating areas for smokers with seperate ventilation systems. After

all, smokers help pay the bills for those places, don\'t they?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I

respect that answer a lot, Bel (if my opinion means anything [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]).

It\'s a very good solution when you have an issue of conflicting freedoms. If no one will budge for now, at least

require air filters for the smoke to allow everyone to breathe easier until people become educated enough to realize

that all smoking does is empty your wallet. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr

Thank you, it does.

Man of La Pancha

</font><blockquote><font

how about I turn it around with an equally ridiculous argument and say,

\"since cigarettes are okay, why don\'t we just legalize weed, coke, crack, LSD, PCP, and everything else since

they\'re technically mind-altering substances that harm yourself as well as others.\" Yes, that\'s ridiculous,

but so is saying it\'s \"all or nothing\" for everything.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

On the same grounds that people are allowed to consume alcohol, I see no reason that those

drugs are illegal. Alcohol is at least as addictive as heroin and does far more damage to the body. It is also much

more likely to be associated with harm done to others either through physical violence or drunk driving. Again,

alcohol is socially acceptable is the real difference.

Maybe we

can all adopt the Muslim faith (alcohol is forbidden). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Sadhu

You know what should be

illegal? Patronizing smartasses who think they´re better people because they don´t drink, don´t smoke and

blahblahblah [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I think it´s a great idea to have smoking and

non-smoking section and if th peole in charge of bars, restaurants and nightclubs (those inparticular) did more to

ensure better ventilation and fresh air coming in (like opening windows) the problems is pretty much solved.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The funny thing with pubs as I´ve noticed in the UK, is that

the majority of non-smokers prefer the smoking part because that´s where everyone else is. The non-smoking parts of

pubs are usually empty but I think that it´s a good idea to have them still because if somebody wants a pint but not

too much smoke down the pub, they should have that. Smoking in pubs though is as much part of pub culture as

drinking beer, they just go together somehow.

\"Gotta give them credit

for having allowed MJ to be used for medical use in some states at least though!\"

Well the states say OK, then

the Feds come roaring in saying FU! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Sadhu

Yeah

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Noone has the right to tell a sick person that they can´t use

their meds and suffer as a result because they´re too stupid to roll one up themselves

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    Things like prozac is much more dangerous in the long run.

</font><blockquote><font

yeah there are polutants out there worse than cigarette smoke. but what about

my freedom of choice not to have it in my face? it shouldnt be illegal, but it shouldnt be allowed in public places

what so ever (bars, restaurants etc etc) its good its getting banned like that in most places. I know i cant stop

people from smoking in their own homes, but damnit when i come over i wish they would

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

I agree, apple.

Phero Pharaoh

</font><blockquote><font

You\'re right, Nobody should be forced to have smoke or other pollutants in

their faces. Personally, I like the idea of seperating areas for smokers with seperate ventilation systems. After

all, smokers help pay the bills for those places, don\'t they? My solution is to not go places where people are

smoking. It solves the problem for me.

I don\'t see how smoking could really make people dumber. Some people

always will be inconsiderate idiots, no matter what. Unfortunately, they breed.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

If the doctors say it will make you dumber, trust me, it will make you dumber. I\'m

interested in the science behind it.

Krish

Sadhu

Most doctors either smoke or

drink or both [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

Plus most doctors would

claim anything for a fitting compensation.
    If you want to make use of \"your right to not have it in your face\",

you can launch yourself to mars. Besides, I am being opressed because I can\'t fulfill my righteous right of

having sex with five swiss stewardesses on board a boeing 747 packed with pot.

I feel the same about

beer.

It\'s been all over

the news here lately that in another few years obeisity will be killing more people than cigarettes in the US. I am

eager to see the tax proposals to force people to eat better, exercise and lose weight.

\"Let\'s see, you are

27 pounds over your ideal weight, that adds another $451 to your income tax and $59 to your monthly health insurance

premium. However, rest assured that the extra money your government takes from you will only go to benefit others.

We have a new congressional workgroup, led by the 350 pound senator John Q. Fatbottom, working day and night finding

ways to help themselves to it.\"

Sorry, my cynicism woke up early today.

I'm free... I'm free... I'm finally fr...

..... would you

like to SUPER-SIZE that? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Journeyman

Ok, but

cigarettes cast a side for a second:

What do you people think of a good cigar? At 22 I\'m not really in the

target-audience [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] , but that doesn\'t mean I haven\'t enjoyed

the odd cigar... Probably about 10 in my Life so far...

However, especially with cigars you\'ve got to be

extremely careful not to annoy anyone...

Sadhu

Actually some cigars can smell

rather nice. I like some pipe tobaccos [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

every once in a while i get

a huge craving for a cigar! maybe once a year, a little more often? but sometimes just walking by someone it smells

really good... cigarette smell makes me sick tho [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Smokin\' them stinky

cigars makes me feel like a king, but I keep it to about once a month myself. As a visual aid, here are myself

(closing eyes to keep camera from stealing soul), my cigar, and my (then) lovely red-headed queen (not the drag

kind, as should be

obvious):

http://www.bigtoad.net/NewYear

sEve2002/small/p1020030.jpg

Journeyman

Nice Photo, Mr

Hyde!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sadhu

cigars do make a nice change

from fags, they feel different,they´re much thicker and can stimulate your imagination

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Banned User

I hate it

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Sadhu

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Banned User

</font><blockquote><font

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

<hr

what?

I dont smoke, never have, never will.

Sadhu

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] why are you checking the thread?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Banned User

</font><blockquote><font

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] why are you checking the

thread? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

in my orignal post to this thread I did state something to do with

me finding it hard even to read this thread...infact the word being in my view makes my stomach churn

it just

conjures up all sort of disgusting pictures

old fag butts in leftover baked beans on toast with the tea bag

thrown on top for good mesure left by the sink festuring like death, anyone

filthy habit

Sadhu

</font><blockquote><font

old fag butts in leftover baked beans on toast with the tea bag thrown on

top for good mesure left by the sink festuring like death, anyone

just what kind of people do you hang out with? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread Information