Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Banned User

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Mike,

Your thinking of stank

people, not "THE STANK".

Read the 5 pages worth of history and theory in the thread and then the sometimes

atrocious yet fantastic and amazing "THE STANK" will reveal itself to you in a sudden apiffany.

Or if your old

enough, and you weren't completely stoned, you might remember a brief comeback in THE STANK during the rise of the

hippies.

Some were stank, but some were "STANKEN".

Us guys didn't ALWAYS have Alberto VO-5 and Dial after

all.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nardoni
    I bet

the wives of you married men would have a differant take on this , or should i say only single guys with no wife

/girlfriend would ever get away with such an experiement. LOL
    I don't even want to think about what my SO

would say, it would certainly be colorful. If the shoe was on the other foot, I know what I would say...over the

phone or from another room. Yuck!
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Kardz
    Us guys didn't ALWAYS

have Alberto VO-5 and Dial after all.
    Yes, but there was always patchouli oil!!
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Phero Dude

Hygene is very inportant.Daily

bathing isnt a bad idea.But what comes into question is the soap that we use.As a matter of practice when I

shower,most of the time I dont use soap.Hot water should be enough for daily grunge as long as you dont work as a

ditch digger or sovel manuer for a living.Soap showers a couple times a week and the rest of the time its just hot

water.This is usualy sufficent to remove any unpleasant things from your body while not unnecessarily drying the

skin or washing away things that your body produces that are actualy good for your skin.

In ages past,soap was

nonexistant or at the very least very rare.But bathing was common.In Japan,people bathe quite alot.But soap isnt

usualy used.In ancient Rome,soap was very rare but bathing was considered esential.Nature made this wonderful stuff

called water for us to use for a variety of purposes.Cooking,cleaning,drinking,boating,wet t-shirt contests and so

forth.There is no reason to be afraid of it.Just use it for what it was meant for.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Here is an experiment:

The

next time one of you have smelly armpits, and I do mean that strong, ammonia stink that no one could like;

take a long, hot water shower and scrub your skin with a coarse cloth or loofa sponge. Use no soap during your

shower.
    Rinse your pits thoroughly. Then put on clean clothes. You can apply a drop of sandalwood under each

pit, if you want your good smell to last.

Whenever I have done this, my armpits have smelled fine afterwards,

even if they stank noticeably before.
    That is because that strong, ammonia-like stink that most of us associate

with pits is water soluble. I'd even like to see the famously musky Belgareth (meant as a compliment, of

course! Musky people usually have better natural luck with women.) try this after a workout, since the one

stank experiment he reported here apparently omitted the shower and scrub part (He just put on fresh clothes

after a workout, IIRC). The key is to take the shower and exfoliate, not just neglect your hygiene.

Then smell

your pits. Are they mildly musky, or do they smell bad? Please report back.
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 11-29-2005 at 03:06 AM.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

DST have a

point.

Sometimes at the gym, when I had done a great workout (weightlifting, boxercise or aerobic) I forget

my soap, so I just shower with water (no loofa though, just my hands) and the smell goes away. Usually I *do* use

deodorant so maybe my voice dont count, but hey!, I tried anyway!

LoL

Now that you put it that way

doc, I can recall more than one time when I've worked out then taken a swim and seemed fine for a few hours at

least. I'm not sure just how musky I really am but it seems reasonable as I have a lot of body hair which would

retain pheromones better than smooth skin, I think. I've also been using diluted Sandalwood in my pits for over a

year at your suggestion. It works fine but the pure oil irritates my skin.

The relationships are mentioned other

places but I've been working out regularly almost all my life, take supplements that increase testosterone (among

other things) and am self confident. They all play their part and unless I quit the othr things I do it would be

almost impossible to tell you which piece played the greater role.
    Last edited by belgareth; 11-29-2005 at 04:23 AM.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

I shower everyday, sometime twice a

day and I don't always use deodorant.
    2 weeks ago I had a romantic encounter with a Asian female and she told me

that she had two request. The first is that I shave the hair in my pubic area and the second is that I use

deodorant.
    I found the second comment interesting so I asked her if I had any funky pit smell before the sex and

she said no.

I haven't had any negative comments from any other women before or since.
    Could it be that

she had certain sensitivity or maybe she was smelling a little Edge that I sprayed on in the

AM?

DCW

There is a difference between

not using deodorant when you soap shower everyday and not using it when you use only hot water and foster a healthy

bacteria balance.

Also there is a cultural difference. It doesn't apply to all Asian women, however.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DCW
    I shower everyday,

sometime twice a day and I don't always use deodorant.
    2 weeks ago I had a romantic encounter with a Asian female

and she told me that she had two request. The first is that I shave the hair in my pubic area and the second is that

I use deodorant.
    I found the second comment interesting so I asked her if I had any funky pit smell before the sex

and she said no.

I haven't had any negative comments from any other women before or since.
    Could it be that

she had certain sensitivity or maybe she was smelling a little Edge that I sprayed on in the AM?

DCW
    I would guess it was possible perspiration getting on her if she says there was no BO smell. But

that's just a guess if she's mentioning deoderant.

Journeyman

The small percentage of women who

may be turned on by stink , Is hardly enough to convince me that this is something too even consider . I remember in

junior high , We had a girl, and boy who smelled bad , And the hell they were put thru probably haunts them to this

day lol.

I hear you. But we're talking

about two different things, if that makes sense.

I've noticed when I am not feeling

well my pits can really reek. And just using water has little impact. I have to soap up at least three times and let

it "sit and work" for a while between rinsings. Regular bacteria-generated pit stink may be different.

I don't

recall any situation where a female commented one way or another on my "BO," and it's been too long fo rme to

recall how I reacted to a woman's up close BO.
    The opposite of love isn't hate.
    It's apathy

Quote Originally Posted by Rbt
    I've noticed when I

am not feeling well my pits can really reek. And just using water has little impact. I have to soap up at least

three times and let it "sit and work" for a while between rinsings. Regular bacteria-generated pit stink may be

different.

I don't recall any situation where a female commented one way or another on my "BO," and it's been

too long fo rme to recall how I reacted to a woman's up close BO.
    Wow! So I am not the only one that has

noticed such thing. Really, whenever I am feeling sick (by the way, including hangovers), it is just disgusting. And

yes - it is not easy at all to get rid of the smell. Also, the reek, when being ill, comes really fast, whereas I

could spend a day (probably even two - I do not remember the last time I did not take a shower in two days, though)

without smelling bad at all, when I am well.

About BO and women, though, there is a guy in my class, who really

stinks. It is disgusting. It seems as if he never washes his clothes or hisself. All the boys are running from him

and opening the windows, whereas the girls do not even seem to notice it! Most of his deskmates are girls, she talks

to a lot of girls during the schooldays and has a lot of girlfriends. Are the girls not able to smell it? Does it

not seem that bad to them? Are his natural pheromones that powerful, that girls just want to be near him, despite

the smell?

It's true -- the stink when

you're sick or "toxic."

But if you have built up a healthy colony or healthy skin bacteria you willl have more

resistance even to that stink, as your bacteria will absorb it and transform it to something benign.

Still, if

your skin situation gets too toxic or rancid (from inappropriately balanced bacteria), it can be good to cleanse

and start over.

Your friend is releasing pheromones that repel other men and attract women. That is good for

him, but not others. Some do that more than others. I know someone like that, too; a former coworker. He stinks,

but is with a different hot woman every time I see him. It's for some a fine line to walk. But if you have good,

soap-free hygiene, you can get the best of both worlds. I know it's hard to believe. People always bring up

the example of someone they know who stinks, never bathes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis
    He stinks, but is

with a different hot woman every time I see him.

Maybe that's why he's with a different

woman everytime.

I find that water isn't enough to get rid of my bacteria in the arm pits, and the funky

smell stays.

However, I think I might have some sort of unbalanced PH or something. Stuff just seems to

convert on me.
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

* bjf: What else are you doing

with your pits, though?? Again, the object is NOT to get rid of bacteria.

* Another hint: Brush your teeth

after your last meal of the day, and then just rinse your mouth out with water until you eat another meal. Saliva

and natural mouth bacteria is not a problem, and will enhance attraction for a healthy person. It is usually enough

to rinse your mouth with water (adda drop of organic peppermint or clove EO to make a drinkable mouthwash, if

desired), except after the last meal of the day. Flossing is still important. It's about removing food, not

disinfecting. You can also brush without toothpaste after other meals. My attraction goes up with musky breath.

I am lifting my underarms and letting

the shower head hit directly at both points. I'll use my hand to scrub like I would if I had soap.

I see

your point about just using water for your breath, as our mouth can have a lot of pheromones. However, that's

threading into some dangerous territory. And Flossing would then become extremely important as you incidated.

Without the floride levels toothpaste have, you are going to get cavilties at a much higher rate if you don't

really remove the food well.
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    I am lifting my

underarms and letting the shower head hit directly at both points. I'll use my hand to scrub like I would if I had

soap.

I see your point about just using water for your breath, as our mouth can have a lot of pheromones.

However, that's threading into some dangerous territory. And Flossing would then become extremely important as you

incidated. Without the floride levels toothpaste have, you are going to get cavilties at a much higher rate if you

don't really remove the food well.
    Try avoiding deodorant, exfoliating, sweating, and using sandalwood (or

similar earthy EO) daily. Also you have to run the water on it and scrub a while for your pits, like 30 sec per pit.

A brief rinse doesn't do it, and with practice you can smell when you've rinsed enough while still in the shower.

Maybe you need a sauna or strong workout first, to give your pores a cleanse. Good luck.

Teeth: Again the

logic is often upside down: Having a healthy bacterial balance in your mouth ought to reduce cavities, as the

unhealthy bacteria would be outnumbered and controlled.

The point is to reduce leftover food particles and

sugars, not bacteria per se. If you haven't eaten since your last brush, you don't need to brush. Water with

peppermint EO is all you need in the AM if you brushed after dinner. A clean mouth naturally attracts good bacteria.

Then you get your sexy mouth smell too.

I hate when my girlfriend brushes her teeth just before making out with

me. It takes away part of the intoxicating effect that gets me going.

You can get an alcohol free flouride rinse

if your drinking water isn't flouridated. Yes, flossing is important in this scheme.

Peppermint EO, but only

the organic variety, is great for this system. Up to three drops per glass of water works great, and you can drink

the mouthwash as a bonus for your stomach odor and digestion.

This sounds interesting, but I have to

ask a simple question other that DST has anyone else had any "positive results" using this method.

DCW

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by DCW
    Ok excuse my ignorance

but I am told that \"some\" Europeans (not all) don\'t shower as frequently as we do here in North America.
    So

those who travel to Europe how do u find the members of the opposite sex? I know this is a loaded question but what

the hell.
    Very true. As an American I lived over there for about 1.5 years and I can tell you in the

buses some folks smelled like total A$$. I couldn't wait to get off at times.

Stranger

Anyone here read "Cultivating

male sexual energy" by Mantak Chia? Just on a precursory note, it's a tai chi/chi kung on how to circulate the male

energy and cultivate multiple orgasms. Worth reading.

Anyways, I remember now that he was advising that when

showering, if you have to use soap, only use it on your feet, privates and face. I can't recall if he used the word

pheromones, but it was driving at the same point.

DST, I recall some thread I read you suggesting to use Pheros

as deodorant. I loved this thread and decided to recommit to the non-soap path. I used some pheros as deoodorant

today. Works well, and the smell stays even after a hot shower (without soap). Again, I guess you would suggest that

using pheros would blend or maximize one's own pheromones correct?
    As is one's thought, so one becomes. This is an eternal mystery. -Maitri Upanishad

Hmm, I have noticed something

that to my mind seems quite weird. Using a fairly cheap crystal deodorant, I am OK for pretty much the whole day -

no sweat or anything. Few weeks ago I ran out of my deodorant and this time decided to buy quite an expensive Hugo

Boss deodorant. But about half a day after applying, I already stink (!) and definitely have to take a shower again.

Well, I often take a shower more than once a day, but when I am using the Hugo Boss deodorant, this is a MUST.

Is

it possible that for my body, a crystal deodorant is just the best, whereas a regular deodorant does not do much? Or

is it that Hugo Boss would not be good? I doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by junglesitar
    Anyone here

read "Cultivating male sexual energy" by Mantak Chia? Just on a precursory note, it's a tai chi/chi kung on how to

circulate the male energy and cultivate multiple orgasms. Worth reading.

Anyways, I remember now that he was

advising that when showering, if you have to use soap, only use it on your feet, privates and face. I can't recall

if he used the word pheromones, but it was driving at the same point.
    Yes, he was one of the influences

on stank theory from the beginning. Very successful with women if I recall.

A quick on topic note: I normaly

just use shampoo for my hair and plain water for everything else - but there is no way I'm doing any roman type

stuff even though it was a joke (mostly) I wanted to comment that if a chick were to go down on you and smell hot

sweaty poo shes gunna get in the car and leave and on the trip home shes going to call ALL of her friends and tell

them of the horror.

That being said ~ my last girlfriend would put her nose in my armpits when she was in

cowgirl position and she would even lick them sometimes - she really got off on the smell, I had to ask her what the

deal was and she said that instead of being repulsive she wanted more of the smell. - - I would like to avoid the

folowing description because it sounds over dramatic however I dont know how to:,. With her nose in my pit she

reminded me of a wild animal, the way she was lost in the moment and humping with a lot of strength like she was in

a trance.

Take that with salt if you need to but it's an honest report on her behavior.

Pongo

out

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6

Thread Information