Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Ok, thanks.

I need to find a

good mineral supp. then.
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

Well I have recently ordered a

water ionizer in hopes that it will make me healthier drinking water and make my stomach more alkaline.

Edit: I

found this article a bit interesting and informing when it comes to stomach acidity and how acid/alkaline food

affect our health: http://www.ionizers.org/alkalife3.html
    Last edited by TheViking; 12-13-2004 at 02:43 PM. Reason: adding

Stranger

<>Using information I

gathered on these forums (much from DrSmellThis), I developed a procedure for transitioning away from using

aluminum-based antiperspirant/deodorants to an essential oil deodorant mix. The minimal procedure that I have found

best (for me anyhow) for moving to a 20% sandalwood in jojoba oil mix is the procedure below. Perhaps a

modification of this could help some of you transition, if you so desire.

I based the procedure off the idea

that these antiperspirants clog one’s pores. This not only limits how much we can release through our pores (for

cooling, pheromone release, toxin release, etc.) but also limits the compounds released that would feed bacterial

growth. The initial use of antiperspirant is intended to slow bacterial growth long enough for a competitive colony

to form and thereby limit the production of metabolic waste that is offensive to smell. A dense colony will produce

such compounds slowly due to a limited food supply in a competitive environment.

<>I am currently experimenting

with the use of chlorophyll supplements due to suggestions that it will limit body odor production. If true, then

it would explain anecdotal reports of vegetarians having more pleasant body odor than their carnivorous

counterparts.

<>Procedure:
    (1) Clean armpits with soap
    (2) Apply a small amount of the

antiperspirant/deodorant
    (3) After approximately 8 hours, rinse body off with water in shower but only spray

armpits with the jet of water – don’t scrub
    (4) Apply 5 drops of 20% sandalwood/jojoba mixture
    (5) Repeat step

four every 12-16 hours; perform step four in evening only after rinsing off body in shower; if you develop body

odor, proceed to step one

Notes on procedure:
    [3] Spraying with water instead of scrubbing is done in order

to disturb the bacterial colony on your skin as little as possible, but still allow less pleasantly smelling

by-products to be largely removed<>
    [4] I use a 20% mix so I can spread out the equivalent of 1 drop of pure

sandalwood oil via 5 drops of mix

Check into deodorant crystal. A

deodorant stone kills the bacteria that cause odor without leaving any odor of its own.

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by DumLuc
    Check into

deodorant crystal. A deodorant stone kills the bacteria that cause odor without leaving any odor of its own.

<>I appreciate your suggestion; however, I think I’ll stick with what I’m using for now.

Deodorant

crystals are, to my understanding, made of mineral salts. It makes perfect sense why they would kill the bacteria

without leaving a smell and that is because they are killing the cells by effectively making the area so hypertonic

that osmosis shrivels the cells (i.e. the water in the bacteria cells exits by the presence of excessive salt and

kills them). I can also see that this would be effective for most of the day, since the large number of dead

bacterial would likely be rupturing and spilling contents inhibiting the growth of other bacteria. If you do

continue on using said crystals I would recommend you rinse off regularly (although I presume already do so), simply

to get rid of the dead bacteria.

<>However, while this is not a bad idea I would prefer to keep with my method

for several reasons:
    (1) A living colony could help in preventing the establishment of a growth of opportunistic

bacteria (many are disease causing) by way competing for extra resources.
    (2) If I have a living colony of

bacteria on my skin then I may end up evening out how much oil my skin produces. The bacteria consume a certain

amount daily and the body produces slightly more to help keep me waterproof. Once this pattern evens out it may

mean that the natural tendency for my skin and hair to be oily could decrease to a known constant.
    <>(3) I already

have a fair amount of sandalwood and jojoba oil that I feel I should use up before moving onto something else. It

may be working for me this week, but if it isn’t next week then I’d like to know why. Perhaps what I find out is

the reason for any body odor I happen to have, and I’ll know what to avoid it next time.

<>I would be curious

if this would even out to the point where I could wash perhaps every other day, maybe even slightly longer.

However, I think I’d want to figure out a minimum amount of days before the smell of dead bacteria and their

metabolic byproducts (i.e. bacteria “poop”) became noticeable. Moreover, showers are so relaxing, and so even if I

found the method to lacking body odor for weeks/months at a time I still think I'd have to shower regularly simply

for the relaxation aspect.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5

Thread Information