Close

Phero Pro

Default Wal-Mart - Even Cheaper than Slave Labour

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Buy at wal-mart and you help support communism, human rights vilations, and retard any hope of a workers rights

movement (like that which happend here in the US a century

ago).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4213834/

Default Re: Wal-Mart - Even Cheaper than Slave Labour

Not to beat a dead horse, but...

The only way to stop abuses is to make your voice heard in

corporate America and by refusing to buy the products. The problem is, like with politics, we have become so self

centered and lazy that the majority don\'t care enough about their fellow human if it subtracts from their

personal comfort. Go ask a hundred people in Walmart if this article will stop them from buyimg those speakers.

Banned User

Everything is made in China these days isn\'t it? It doesn\'t seem like they pay really bad wages

(for chinese standards) either..

I\'m more interested in working conditions than wages. However, what are you comparing it too? Is it

a living wage?

Phero Pro

Personally I don\'t shop at Wal-Mart for reasons like those mentioned in my above posts. I think

some of those hundred would stop if asked. But the ironic thing is that in the US we supposedly value things like

human rights, good wages, and a clean environment but most in the US are not willing to pay for those things.

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Not to beat a dead horse, but...

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Ahem, kinda cruel aint that?

Why? the horse won\'t feel a thing.

Would you want someone hacking at your dead body, when you are dead?

Honestly, I couldn\'t care less. Once whatever you call the essense that makes up me has left it,

this old sack of organic matter means nothing. Well, it could be used in a garden I guess.

I'm free... I'm free... I'm finally fr...

Would you want someone hacking at

your dead body, when you are dead?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Who cares... you\'re DEAD!!

And if we can give that much business to one of the last communist nations in the world, allowing them to make a

profit from the misery of their people [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]... then what the hell do

we think we\'re doing keeping Cuba in the stone ages with our embargo!!! Damn double-standards

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

The fact is WalMart sells stuff cheap and we Americans WANT low prices. If you have 2 identical shirts

(same style and quality) and 1 cost 25 dollars (Made in America) and 1 cost 15 dollars (Made in China). Which one

are you going to buy?

If you say the $25 one you are probably lieing. Or you have lots of money and can buy

whateverthehell you want. In which case you probably wouldn\'t be shopping at WalMart anyway. But most people

have a budget to live within and must seek out these lower prices. WalMart is just giving us what we want.

What\'s that old saying? We know the price of everything but the value of nothing! Or something like that.

The way things are going, soon there will only be 2 places to shop.
    Wal-Mart and Starbucks!!

Phero Pro

Wal-Mart doesn\'t give us what we need. Wal-Mart gives us what the avgerage American ignorant

consumer thinks we need (and greedy short-sighted corparte execs take advantage of). It is a self feeding cycle.

Most of these people probably don\'t realize that there on a budget because a lot of production is going on in

Asian and Mexico and don\'t realize that this suppresses wages and therefore increases the demand from consumers

to lower prices, which puts futher pressure on producers to cut costs which causes them to send more overseas, and

so on and so. Until.....Who knows...

But the thing that boils my blood the most is it is always this \"we

need to go where labour is cheap....\" Well if labour has to be cheap then why can\'t upper management be cheap

also? Why do CEO\'s on avgerage make something like 20 times the avg salary of the avg. american worker (which is

around like 30 grand a year). A lot of these CEO\'s get a huge base salary, insane stock options, and all these

benefits. What the hell. I mean a base salary of a couple hundred grand should be good enough for anyone. It

should also be incentive to do a good job. And what can\'t the share holder demand this? Most of the corprate

cost cutting is done to appease them. Does anyone have a reference to something like this? If I only had a few

million dollars I would buy like 30-50 percent of HP\'s stock and make that bi-ch Carly Finney work for like 100

grand. LOL. I\'d say \"well carly we have to compete for jobs to, so after that board meeting come talk to me

about our new \'profit increasing\' plans\". Oh that would be so poetic. Probably could post the pic on the

internet and charge like 5 bucks to view it and rank my few million back. LOL.

Personally I perfer quility over

low-cost. Both would be nice, but it is not usually possible to do so.

Banned User

Druid, this is just the way capitalism works. You would certainly NOT be better off in a different

system!

Phero Pro

Maybe not. But I think with a few well placed laws, this system could be even better.

Man of La Pancha

People in business know that there are three states of nation\'s economy that are/have been present

for the past few hundred years: agricultural, industrial, and service. Poorer countries are mainly agricultural and

lower-level industrial, while the biggest economies are higher industrial and service-oriented. The industrial jobs

are leaving because the U.S. economy is becoming more service-based than anything else. If you want to make money,

you need an education to specialize in something so you can charge other people to do something for them.

I\'m

not saying it\'s fair, right, or the way things \"should be\", I\'m just saying that that\'s the way it

is... If the factory got up and left, you need to go back to school and learn how to do something better so you can

provide for yourself (and your family). Maybe it \"shouldn\'t be that way\", but it is that way...such is life.

People in business know that there are three states

of nation\'s economy that are/have been present for the past few hundred years: agricultural, industrial, and

service. Poorer countries are mainly agricultural and lower-level industrial, while the biggest economies are

higher industrial and service-oriented. The industrial jobs are leaving because the U.S. economy is becoming more

service-based than anything else. If you want to make money, you need an education to specialize in something so

you can charge other people to do something for them.

I\'m not saying it\'s fair, right, or the way things

\"should be\", I\'m just saying that that\'s the way it is... If the factory got up and left, you need to go

back to school and learn how to do something better so you can provide for yourself (and your family). Maybe it

\"shouldn\'t be that way\", but it is that way...such is life.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

You sound like my ECON teacher. We have to understand that what appears to be a poor working

condition and a menial wage is a huge upgrade in living and working conditions to very many of these people and they

are very thankful for these companies that \"exploit\" them. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm free... I'm free... I'm finally fr...

We have to understand that what

appears to be a poor working condition and a menial wage is a huge upgrade in living and working conditions to very

many of these people and they are very thankful for these companies that \"exploit\" them.

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I agree... but it doesn\'t make it right

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

I am think going back to school COULD be an answer. If you choose the right field. If you don\'t

then well.... I am probably gonna go back myself (most likely pharmacy) but I am only 24 y/o, with no kids and only

about 14k worth of car loan debt (at a low interest rate) which I will pay off in about 2 years. So going back to

school for me is not a very big deal. What about someone with a mortage, and 2-3 kids? Also I gonna go back for

pharmacy and with the pre-reqs and acutal school its probably gonna take me like 6 years to finish. How do I know

they won\'t farm that industry out with work visas?

Think about it like this. China, Russia, and India have a

combined population of about 3 billion people. Now IMO it is very conservative to say that 10% of that population

is educated and professional. 10% of 3 billion is 300 million. That is more than the entire US population,

included those who don\'t work at all.

Thread Information