Close

King of the coupons!

Default COULDN\'T HELP MESELF....

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Just wanted

to share this email my SPECIAL friend from Pasadena, sent to me:

A WOMAN AND A FORK

There was a

young woman who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness and had been given three months to live. So, as she was

getting her things “in order,” she contacted her pastor and had him come to her house to discuss certain aspects of

her final wishes. She told him which songs she wanted sung at the service, what scriptures she would like read, and

what outfit she wanted to be buried in. Everything was in order and the pastor was preparing to leave when the

young woman suddenly remembered something very important to her. “There’s one more thing,” she said excitedly.

“What’s that?” came the pastor’s reply. “This is very important,” the young woman continued. “I want to be buried

with a for in my right hand.” The pastor stood looking at the young woman, not knowing quite what to

say.

“That surprises you, doesn’t it?” the young woman asked. “Well, to be honest, I’m puzzled by the

request,” said the pastor.

The young woman explained, “My grandmother once told me this story, and from there

on out, I have always done so. I have also, always tried to pass along its message to those I LOVE and those who

are in need of ENCOURAGEMENT.”

“In all my years of attending church socials and potluck dinners, I always

remember that when the dishes of the main course were being cleared, someone would inevitably lean over and say,

“Keep your fork.”

“It was my favorite part because I knew that something better was coming...like velvety

chocolate cake or deep-dish apple pie. Something wonderful, and with substance!”

“So, I just want people to

see me there in the casket with a fork in my hand and I want them to wonder ‘What’s with the fork?’ Then I want you

to tell them - “Keep your fork...the best is yet to come.”

The pastor’s eyes welled up with tears of joy as

he hugged the young woman good-bye. He knew this would be one of the last times he would see her before here death.

But he also knew that the young woman had a better grasp of heaven than he did. She had a better grasp of what

heaven would be like than many people twice her age, with twice as much experience and knowledge. She KNEW that

something better was coming.

Over and over, the pastor heard the question “What’s with the fork?” And over

and over he smiled. During his message, the pastor told the people of the conversation he had, when he visited with

the young woman shortly before she died. He also told them about the fork and about what it symbolized to her. The

pastor told the people how he could not stop thinking about the fork and told them that they probably would not be

able to stop thinking about it either. He was right. So the next time you reach down for your fork, let it remind

you ever so gently, that...THE BEST IS YET TO COME.

Default Re: COULDN\'T HELP MESELF....

Yeah!

Thanks Mobes,
    B

I'm free... I'm free... I'm finally fr...

Default Re: COULDN\'T HELP MESELF....

Thanks Mobley... sometimes you just need to be reminded.... and I was due for mine

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Goss

Thread Information