Close

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Stranger

Default Long Newbie post: overwhelemd by choices

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi everyone, I have a lot of dumb questions to ask and i feel like i should give a lot of information, so this is

gonna be a LONG one.
    i just found this forum last night and i read the archives back to april or may. I\'ve

heard about \'mones\' over a year ago and have always wondered how well they work so i\'m considering giving

them a try but i\'m hoping for a bit of advice first before i go ahead and order anything. I\'m a poor college

student.

First, i\'m living at home this year, so i\'m wondering what shows up on your credit card

statements when you order? nosey parents suck.

Next question: What should i order? a little background

information on me and what i seem to have gathered from reading the forums (consequently i\'ve read so much that

i\'m just blatently overwhelemd and confused).
    I\'m almost 20, i\'m about 5\'10\" w/ out shoes,about 180

lbs, stocky build (somewhat muscular), light olive (mediteranian) complexion, black/brown hair and brown eyes. In

terms of looks i\'m a mid 7, maybee low 8 on a good day. To give you an idea of my \'style\' i\'m into

heavy metal, i used to wear a lot of concert t-shirts, jeans, chains etc, no body peircings or tatoos though.

I\'ve tried to clean up my act a bit recently, i kind of look a bit like an itallian mobster now: long hair

slicked back in a pony tail, i wear a lot of polyester button down shirts and jeans, other than black the only other

colors i wear are red and sometimes dark blue, i feel that I really give off a strong lone wolf/clint eastwood vibe,

very unaproachable, i always look really serious, i\'m one of those people who don\'t smile unless they have a

real reason to.

so i guess that means i want to go with hardly any none, maybee something like

wagg?

In terms of my personal skills, i say people tend to like me once they get to know me. I can be funny,

i have a rather dry sense of humor though that tends to go right past a lot of people who think i\'m being

serious. I tend to be somewhat witty and sarcastic, although i can also be blatently sexual with my humor. My

friends (females included) love it. Around people i don\'t know i\'m just very dry though, witty and sarcastic

at best if i can come up w/ anything, with friends it just flows naturally. I\'m a difficult person to get to

know because i\'m unaproachble, and i\'m somewhat shy so i don\'t really approach anyone and it amplifies

about 10x in group situations, if there are just guys around i can fake it, but if there\'s even one girl in the

group i just sit there quietly. I have a hard time initiating conversation with girls i don\'t know, i never know

how to open up, what to say, etc. So i almost never approach girls unless i have a good reason to do so (which is

very rare). I\'m your typial geek, Electrical Engineering Major, president of the math club, oh yeah the ladies

swoon all over that stuff. so something that makes them chatty would be good and even approach me would be

great.

so i guess that would maybee be something like AE?

I like to wear scents, aftershave balms etc.

but i like stuff that\'s fairly unique. I was at the mall the other day I really liked curve and gio, but

everyone wears that stuff. I was thinking about some stuff by Yves Saint Lauren like Body Kuros. So i don\'t

know maybee something that would mix well with fragrecnes would be good? Or something with it\'s own unique

fragrence. I\'m not a huge fan of musks, but hey if the ladies like it i\'m down.

I\'m really starting

to ramble at this point. so in short what would all you experts out there reccomend i try for my \'style\' so

to speak. what about potenial mixes? I really can\'t afford to break the piggy bank though. and how do you guys

who live with your folks \'stealth order\' this stuff?

Thanks

Default Re: Long Newbie post: overwhelemd by choices

Before you even consider mones you need to look at yourself and consider some changes. Yeah, it is

difficult to start a conversation with a stranger, especially a pretty girl. So? We\'ve all had that problem. Do

it anyway. The more you do it, the easier it gets. Try saying hello and asking a question (open ended) or give a

compliment. Make an effort to smile more often. Consider your appearance, is that the image you really want to

portray? Step outside your comfort zone and try some different clothes or colors or hairstyles.

Mones are great

and they do seem to do a lot of good but they are only a part of the overall picture. Personality and appearance far

overwhelm the mones, especially during the critical first impression. If you come across as unapproachable on first

sight, mones are not going to be a big help. If you come across as open and friendly, they can help you become

hugely successful.

I had the same problem with my parents regarding my mail when I was young. We finally had a

low key confrontation about it when I asked them how they felt about breaking federal law. If they open mail

addressed to you as an adult, they are commiting a crime. Just make sure you have your ducks in a row before you do

that, I had a copy of the federal statute to show them. Check with the postmaster\'s office for that.

Speedreader Eh?

1. I believe it says L-S products on the statement.

2. Wagg and AE

3. Check

the customer service department forum for ordering questions or click on \"ordering\" on the Love-Scent home

page.

Hope this helps.

Journeyman

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Mones are great and they do seem to do

a lot of good but they are only a part of the overall picture. Personality and appearance far overwhelm the mones,

especially during the critical first impression.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

i agree 100

percent about personality far overwhelming the mones, but do you really think appearance is more important than

mones? i am not sure. even in the critical first moments. unless by appearance you mean also the way you move and

hold your body. but i would count that as personality. maybe i will call it physical personality. tone of voice will

also go in this category. apearance as in what cloths you wear is not really important IMHO. there are also so many

kinds of women, and you never know what they (dont) like about the guys cloths, whereas you can always say that a

woman finds attractive a guy that is confident.

Since I am a minimalist on mone usage, I think appearance does have a significant impact. If the

effective range of the mones is say 5-6 feet, and the time it takes to create a pheromone impression is a couple

seconds, then what a woman sees is going to form the first impression. That will happen long before she gets close

enough to be hit by the mones. If you are wearing enough mones to cause a reaction at 15-20 feet the first

impression may be different but will you encounter repulsion at close range? (Phew, he stinks! or scary?) Yes, some

women will be attracted to the gangster look but I believe that more will be put off by it. Don\'t most women, or

people in general, want to be around somebody that is fun? Some probably would like the thrill of the dangerous type

but why not shoot for the majority? I also wonder what problems you may encounter when your appeaarance (includes

body language) contradicts your mone signature. Wouldn\'t that cause a subconcious trust issue? If every aspect of

a person is in agreement, wouldn\'t that make a woman more likely to trust him?

Stranger

belgar, I admit you pose some interesting points and you also lay out some good common sense. I

appreciate your and everyone elses replies.

I agree that physical appearance does go a long way, which is why

i\'ve tried to clean mine up lately as i\'ve said. I used to be a total slob, and now I\'m going for a

cleaner look while still maintaining what i feel to be my \'appearance-individuality\'.

I\'ve read a LOT

of posts in the past day inclduing some outrageous stuff. All I\'m really hoping as that mones would help with

that initial encounter to meet new people, such as the stories i\'ve read of girls just comming up to guys and

saying \'hi\' and starting conversations.

belgar, I admit you pose some interesting points

and you also lay out some good common sense. I appreciate your and everyone elses replies.

I agree that

physical appearance does go a long way, which is why i\'ve tried to clean mine up lately as i\'ve said. I used

to be a total slob, and now I\'m going for a cleaner look while still maintaining what i feel to be my

\'appearance-individuality\'.

I\'ve read a LOT of posts in the past day inclduing some outrageous stuff.

All I\'m really hoping as that mones would help with that initial encounter to meet new people, such as the

stories i\'ve read of girls just comming up to guys and saying \'hi\' and starting conversations.

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Try Wagg and go from there.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Journeyman

Since I am a minimalist on mone usage,

I think appearance does have a significant impact. If the effective range of the mones is say 5-6 feet, and the time

it takes to create a pheromone impression is a couple seconds, then what a woman sees is going to form the first

impression. That will happen long before she gets close enough to be hit by the mones. If you are wearing enough

mones to cause a reaction at 15-20 feet the first impression may be different but will you encounter repulsion at

close range? (Phew, he stinks! or scary?) Yes, some women will be attracted to the gangster look but I believe that

more will be put off by it. Don\'t most women, or people in general, want to be around somebody that is fun? Some

probably would like the thrill of the dangerous type but why not shoot for the majority? I also wonder what problems

you may encounter when your appeaarance (includes body language) contradicts your mone signature. Wouldn\'t that

cause a subconcious trust issue? If every aspect of a person is in agreement, wouldn\'t that make a woman more

likely to trust him?

i also wear small none amounts so we\'re

not talking 20 feet reaction here. still, the pheros work pretty fast. i think a few seconds is much much more than

what it takes for the mones to get into play. i would go with a fraction of a second. i\'ve seen women coming into

the crowded underground and immediately starting to look where the mones are comeing from. when you come up to a

woman and say hi, or something else, she will see your appearance and react to the mones at the same time. now, if

you sit somewhere and exchange looks for a while, then you are right, but in the normal situations when i hit on a

girl it doesn\'t make a change (i creep from behind and say a sexy hallo

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ).

the good question is what happens when the mones and your

appearance contradict each other. here i think you are probably right and one has a problem. but one should also

remember that interpreting appearance as neat or baggy or whatever is not a pure scientific thing, it is also

influenced from the mones. go with the same cloths without the mones and with the mones and your appearance would be

received differently.

Phero Pharaoh

apearance as in what cloths you wear is

not really important IMHO.

You have a LOT to learn about women, if

you think they don\'t consider the clothes you wear to be important. Most guys blow it with Dream Girl simply by

dressing the wrong way. You never get off the ground if you don\'t show the girls you\'ve got some style

sense.

There will always be a few horny ones on the prowl, looking for some quick action. But most single women

are looking for long-term relationships when they are looking at all.

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

But most single women are looking for long-term

relationships when they are looking at all.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> OH yes. All girls I

know want men for real longterm relationships! Yeah right!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Clothes are not THAT important, it depends on your wardrobe if

you need to get new/different gear or not and also what circles you move in.

Okay now I gotta read the entire

thread [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

Out of the girls I know, most want somebody with a thick wallet, a car and two mount everests worth of

arrogance.

</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    apearance as in what cloths you wear is not really important IMHO.

<hr

You have a LOT to learn about women, if you think they don\'t

consider the clothes you wear to be important. Most guys blow it with Dream Girl simply by dressing the wrong way.

You never get off the ground if you don\'t show the girls you\'ve got some style sense.

There will always

be a few horny ones on the prowl, looking for some quick action. But most single women are looking for long-term

Your

appearance says an awful lot about you and women notice. Not just the type of clothes you wear but many other

details as well. Some women are turned on by the outdoors, rugged look and prefer a deeply tanned man in jeans and

tee shirt, others would like to see a man in a suit and tie. Almost all of them look at whether he is well groomed

or sloppy about his appearance.

Isn\'t \'common sense\' an oxymoron?

Phero Enthusiast

Belga im a combination of both
    Normally im mostly in green and brown, long hair, the rugged-type

facial hair left to its own fate for a few days, native american beads around my neck (the inch thick line), plus I

do look slightly indianish (tan, black hair).
    However, if there\'s need, I shave, tie my hair into a pony tail

and voila, transformation from a woodsman to a serious mafiosoish businessman in 20 minutes

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sadhu

Out of the girls I know, most want somebody with a

thick wallet, a car and two mount everests worth of arrogance.

Most?! Well that implies that at least some of them are worth talking too.
    I wouldn´t waste my time with such cool

personality challenged people as you´ve described [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

Well thats exactly my opinion. Treat the nice girls as human beings, and the bitches don\'t deserve

anything better than being mistreated, since that\'s what they want anyway.

</font><blockquote><font

apearance as

in what cloths you wear is not really important IMHO.

You have a

LOT to learn about women, if you think they don\'t consider the clothes you wear to be important. Most guys blow

it with Dream Girl simply by dressing the wrong way. You never get off the ground if you don\'t show the girls

you\'ve got some style sense.

There will always be a few horny ones on the prowl, looking for some quick

action. But most single women are looking for long-term relationships when they are looking at all.

<hr

Your appearance says an awful lot about you and women notice. Not just the

type of clothes you wear but many other details as well. Some women are turned on by the outdoors, rugged look and

prefer a deeply tanned man in jeans and tee shirt, others would like to see a man in a suit and tie. Almost all of

them look at whether he is well groomed or sloppy about his appearance.

Isn\'t \'common sense\' an

oxymoron?

Be yourself. If you create a certain look just to

attract women, then you attract women to the look and not who you are. You may not get along with this type of

lady. For instance I am a jeans and T-shirt kinda guy. If I went out in a suit then I would attract women who like

guys in suits and not women who like guys in jeans and T-shirts and the personalities are very different most of the

time. I hope that makes sense. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Well thats exactly my opinion. Treat the nice girls

as human beings, and the bitches don\'t deserve anything better than being mistreated, since that\'s what they

want anyway.

I second this opinion.

Your appearance says an awful lot

about you and women notice. Not just the type of clothes you wear but many other details as well. Some women are

turned on by the outdoors, rugged look and prefer a deeply tanned man in jeans and tee shirt, others would like to

see a man in a suit and tie. Almost all of them look at whether he is well groomed or sloppy about his appearance.

Gimme a man in Levi\'s and a tight white T-shirt and I am

good to go.

Journeyman

</font><blockquote><font

apearance as in what cloths you wear is not really important IMHO.

<hr

You have a LOT to learn about women, if you think they don\'t consider

the clothes you wear to be important. Most guys blow it with Dream Girl simply by dressing the wrong way. You

never get off the ground if you don\'t show the girls you\'ve got some style sense.

There will always be a

few horny ones on the prowl, looking for some quick action. But most single women are looking for long-term

if a woman is

looking for a long term relationship and all she cares about is the cloths, then she is not my dream girl. i sure

have a lot more to learn about women, and i am always glad to do it

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but i have also seen enough to know that if you are charming

enough, they wont give a second look on the cloths. which doesn\'t mean appearance is totaly not important. but

appearance itself is far more than cloths. its far more important the way you move your body, the way you hold it,

the way you talk, than what you wear.

now, if you dont have charm, you might want to buy some expensive cool

looking cloths.

Don\'t worry so much about what women want, worry about what YOU want.

</font><blockquote><font

Your appearance says an awful lot about you and women notice. Not just the

type of clothes you wear but many other details as well. Some women are turned on by the outdoors, rugged look and

prefer a deeply tanned man in jeans and tee shirt, others would like to see a man in a suit and tie. Almost all of

them look at whether he is well groomed or sloppy about his appearance.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Gimme a man in Levi\'s and a tight white T-shirt and I am good to go.

<hr

You just made my point better than my earlier ramble did.

Banned User

First, i\'m living at home this

year, so i\'m wondering what shows up on your credit card statements when you order? nosey parents suck.

They read YOUR CC statements?? Or are you using their cards?

You DON\'T WANT to start with WAGG in my book! It\'s funny stuff, but it is not the easiest stuff to

figure out I find. Start with AE, you can hardly go wrong with that.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

If there\'s something women deffinitely don\'t dig, it\'s losers with no backbone who will do

anything to appeal them. They will prefer a guy who wears, thinks and does stuff they don\'t agree with but he is

firm in his self. The \"what can i do to make you like me\" shows a lousy weak personality that isn\'t a good

material, neither genetically nor for a relationship.

Journeyman

If there\'s something women

deffinitely don\'t dig, it\'s losers with no backbone who will do anything to appeal them. They will prefer a

guy who wears, thinks and does stuff they don\'t agree with but he is firm in his self. The \"what can i do to

make you like me\" shows a lousy weak personality that isn\'t a good material, neither genetically nor for a

relationship.

and that includes \"what cloths can i wear to make

you like me\"

its all about charm, humor and confidence. not cloths.

oh and an interesting personality can

come in hand too for long term relationships. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

Well the more guys care about their looks the less you can bet is inside. Does have exceptions, but

good as a general rule.

Down with Metrosexual\'s [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sadhu

You don´t need to know `what women want´ or like. When you´re with a woman you need to know what she likes and

wants in particular - that´s what you need to know as far as women are concerned. F*ck I´m starting this repeating

sh*t again

Stranger

Not sure I agree with that Rakesh, as what you\'ve described as a weak \'bend over backwards\'

attitude can also be interpreted, in small measures, as a willingness to compromise - which is pretty much essential

in any relationship.

Being your own man is one thing, but being unwilling to change for anyone is a sure road to

unhappiness.

I\'m somewhat like you Novmode, very dry sense of humour that, those who don\'t know me, can

interpret as me being serious. All I can advise is to take your \'self-improvements\' one step at a time,

I\'m embarked on a gradual regime of just being more confident and friendly to those that I might pass in the

street ( obviously discresion is called for here as well, you don\'t want to smile and make eye contact with an

obvious Psychopath ), just building it up to look and smiling pleasantly at, say, two people in any one day, then as

time draws on you feel gradually more confident to up the ante.

Also, getting Pheros to work for you can be a

pretty daunting learning curve, so don\'t take any extreme reactions you might recieve personally. I was out last

night wearing four drops of AE/m, went dancing and approached this one girl and she couldn\'t get away from me

fast enough, she literally ran straight from the dance floor, for a moment I was totally shattered then I realised I

must have ODed, as it was a pretty extreme reaction ( and I was dressed and groomed well, etc ).

Don\'t expect

these things to work miracles right away, a lucky few get that but most don\'t, think of the mones as merely a

building block in your plans to become a stronger, more confident individual.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You don´t need to know `what women

want´

You mean we don\'t all want the same thing?

I thought we all wanted men with tons of money, a nice car and

dressed to the hilt. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

CJ:

You\'re right, of course. There are always that sort of women around and they are best

avoided. I can\'t imagine bothering with any of them. UGH!!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Rake:

I am middle aged now and it may have changed my

perspective a bit. I simply don\'t give a crap what people think about the way I dress. As a businessman who

sometimes has to crawl under a desk or into an attic, I find that khakis or jeans and a button down shirt are best.

My beard is short and neat because that\'s how I think a beard should look, unshaven or unruly beards and

moustaches look dirty to me. Large, showy or garish jewelry is usually laughable. Since I spend a large part of my

day at a keyboard, people expect my hands to be soft, they aren\'t. I don\'t tan and quit trying years ago, in

the summer my skin is slightly red, in the winter it\'s pale. I am of medium height and try hard to not look

muscular. Ok, add to that a touch of aloofness and a rather sharp sense of humor.

In other words, I intentionally

don\'t do 90% of what these dating books and websites say you should do. Yet there has never been a shortage of

wonderful women in my life. The biggest and most important things are always overlooked. Be confidant and friendly.

Don\'t direct your attention only to what you would call 9s or 10s. Be nice to everybody. Be fun and interesting

to be around and be trustworthy. But never, ever be a push over for anybody! Practice a good attitude at all times.

It will be worth every bit of the effort.

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information