Close

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Journeyman

Default Damsel in Distress!! Help me men!!!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Oh Great Men Of The Forum, please help a damsel in distress!!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Members of your great species confuse me very much.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Sometimes when a man gets interested in me (usually the

very shy men) they will get VERY interested at first. Then out of the blue they turn cold as ice toward me. Even

to the extent of not giving me eye contact or avoiding me all together. Then they will get VERY interested again.

Then they turn cold again. PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHY!!!!! WHY!!! WHY MEN DO THIS!!!!???????? It drives me

crazy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] to deal with men that do that to me. I don\'t know how to

treat them. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Have I don\'t something to offend then or is

something going inside him that I just have not grasp at this point? PLEASE INFORM THIS DAMSEL IN

DISTRESS!!!

Thank you Oh Great Men Of The Forum [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Man of La Pancha

Default Re: Damsel in Distress!! Help me men!!!

Wow, that is one of the weirdest things I\'ve heard in a while. Unfortunately, I don\'t believe we

have information to help you as well as we could. There are so many issues involved in such actions and it could be

many factors. First of all, you have to look at how you interact. If they are very shy men and you don\'t give

them the \"go ahead\" to make a move, then they\'ll retreat back because they\'ll think you don\'t like

them. If sex is involved, maybe they get close and move away afterwards only to come back again later. Maybe they

have fear of commitment or self-esteem issues where they want to get close to people but get afraid and push you

away when you get too close to them emotionally. Maybe you demand a lot emotionally and these guys get overwhelmed

and need to back off but still like you enough to want to try again. Maybe you\'re misinterpreting their signals

and when you try to get close, they move away because it\'s not what they want. Maybe you unconsciously do things

to push them away because you freak out from the closeness. One of those could be right, many of those could be

right, or none of those could be right. I don\'t think anyone could give you a perfect answer based on the

current post alone, but the best advice I could give you would be this:

1. Evaluate what your wants and needs

are.
    2. Assess what you believe they want.
    3. If you are really that close to them, be honest. Ask what they are

thinking, tell them you are interested in them, and see if they open up. If they treat you coldly, then they

don\'t want to open up and therefore you won\'t have a very good chance of getting to the level the average

person would want. Communication is the key to everything in interpersonal associations.
    4. Assess the situation

as a whole. I\'m assuming these men are honest (shy guys usually are), but make sure you understand how/what

they\'re thinking and whether this could be a good situation for both of you.
    5. Take decisive action based on

your mutual understanding. If they give you positive feedback, make your move. Girls can be go-getters, too,

especially with shy guys. If it is negative, it may be dangerous for you to attempt to try something because you

may end up getting hurt. (Note: I learned the hard way because a girl I really liked gave me mixed signals for 6

months before we went out, then went back to her uncertainty 6 months later and broke up with me.)
    6. If this

pattern (interest->distance->interest) continues and they come back, ask them what happened during the time

that they pushed away. Maybe you can work it out, but maybe it\'s a problem that they need to work out

themselves. You\'ll know the difference if you think about whether it\'s a temporary problem due to

circumstances or if it\'s a problem that they\'ve had for a long time and will have a hard time letting go of or

getting over any time soon.

I think that\'s a good basis for analysis of the situation, but if there is more to

the story than written on the forum post, I could also be way off. I hope other forum members attempt to help out

with the situation or I hope you elaborate more on the situation so others like myself can be more accurate with our

help. Hope this helps!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Journeyman

Pancho1188, thanks for the insight. I have had three men to do that to me. I always wrote it off as

they were just not interested until this third man started to do the same thing to me. It may be that I am just not

doing something right. I also am very shy when it comes to men and I am attracted to very shy men. LOL not a good

combination for building romance. By the way, sex was not involved with any of the three men.

When you say

\"you don\'t give them the \'go ahead\' to make a move\" what would be some ways I could give then the \"go

ahead\"? What do men expect from women? I do tend to always let the men make the moves. What moves can I make

that would not be to overwhelming to shy men?

All your other comments were noted as well. Many of those factors

you mentioned could very well be involved in this behavior. But since this is a repeated event I believe either I

am doing something wrong or not doing something men expect me to do.

Phero Pharaoh

Wow, I thought women understood men, and us men were the ones who were confused by the women. New concept here eh?

:P

Krish

Journeyman

Men can do some pretty strange things. But most men I can read like a book. All they have on their

minds is sex so the book is not that difficult to read. However, I have ran into some deeper thinking men and they

are the ones that confuse me. I don\'t know how to react to these deeper men just because they are so rare. I

have only met three deep thinking men and I fell in love with all three of them. I guess confusion is an attraction

for me.

Journeyman

sounds to me that WonderingThoughts is an asian because most asian, are u? nice to see that shy girls are

attracted to shy guys f/ im 1 of them too! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Journeyman

Bernard,

Not an asian, just a shy american. Good to know there are some good shy men out there.

You do know that I go crazy over the shy men. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Journeyman

anyway , just be careful> sometimes those so call deep thinking guys may just wanted to have ur attention to

them. they might just want to feel charismatic and attractive, thats all. but they could be afraid that they might

be hurt if they are committed in a serious relationship . shy guys always afraid of hurting . compared to women ,

men needs more security than women when comes to relationship. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Journeyman

Bernard, I did not know that about men. This is exactly what is going on with that man!!! Thank you

very much. I do get a lot of attention from men but I am not interested in these other men. But this shy guy may

not realize that I am only interested in him. It is after I have talked with other men that he withdraws from me.

But what am I to do? I can\'t just be refuse all men from talking to me. I don\'t invite the attention from

these men. I would never want to hurt this man but that is exactly what I have been doing. Thank you thank you for

the insight into the mind of shy men!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Journeyman

oh girl, i like shy ones. i want to u to be careful. deep thinking guys can be dangerous too. it not that they

are that shy. they might just holding a fishing rod , hoping that u get hooked to it.

Journeyman

I think it is the mystery that attracts me to the deep thinking ones. Because when I can\'t read

them it drives me crazy and I end up thinking about them trying to read them. I agree that I need to be careful.

Actually the deep thinkers could be even more dangerous because they can actually hide more badness then the shallow

one. I wish a shy deep thinker would catch me on his hook. I only see the bait from the shallow men. And their

bait don\'t interest me in the least. That is why I was hoping the pheromones would help this shy guy to open up

a little. but instead I think it scared him away even more.

Phero Enthusiast

While Psycho tries to help you and to improve your behaviour (nice posting psycho!), I\'ll try to

explain the behaviour of shy men. I know this topic, because I had to learn it the hard way.

While you

perceive the behaviour of shy men as cold, they think they do you a favour. This sounds very weird, but whenever you

don\'t anderstand a shy man, go back to this sentence.

Let\'s start with an actual example, the

Governator Arnold Schwarzenegger. Remember one of the most \"important\" topics in the media before this election?

Arnold showed sexual interest in women! Holy [censored]! Is it possible to elect this man??? Let\'s make demos

against him, discuss this topic over and over in the media!! Damn! How could he?

Now think of a young boy

raised in this times by his mother and the media discussing this topic. What do you think he will learn? Even a real

man like Arnold Schwarzenegger harms women (not men!) when he shows sexual interest in women.

They boy has

never seen his parents playing erotic games. The boys father comes home late in the evenings, drinks too much

alcohol. He sees that his father is bad (alcohol...) and wants to be the oposit. But he does the oposit the wrong

way. He wants to be a nice guy. End he learns from this election that you can do women a favour by not having and

showing any sexual interests or needs at all.

And if you look at the media, you will find examples like this

election from week to week.

The weird shy men giving you so much troubles were raised 10 years or so ago

(don\'t know how old you are, but it doesn\'t matter in this case) by the same type of mothers, the same media

and the absence of a father as a model of a man with sexual needs and a sexual life.

Go back to my initial

sentence you didn\'t believe: They think they do you a favour. This is bullshit but nice men don\'t know it is

bullshit.

MysteriousMan

Journeyman

MysteriousMan,

I have noticed that while I am talking to this shy man and when he wont look at me he

is actually smiling. Of course that confused me even more. But with your explanation it does make since. He knows

that I am definitely not interested in men that come on to me strongly because I have already made that clear to all

the men I know.

So the conclusion I come to is that he is really interested but he wants to be nice and not

show me that he is interested. That would enplane why he said it was good for me when I told him that he confused

me.

I think man get more interesting with each bit of knowledge I receive from them.

Thanks so much for your

insight. Shy men that are cold are actually trying to be nice to me. I like that. I guess that when he is showing

interest he has temporally lost control and that scares him to thinking I will not like him so he goes back to being

cold so I will like him. Then he loses control again and shows interest then the cycle starts all over again. MEN

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    He knows that I am definitely not

interested in men that come on to me strongly because I have already made that clear to all the men I know.

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
    You are raising nice guys. You tell what you don\'t want (men having

needs), but you never mention that there IS something you want. Nice guys are surrounded by woman like you. However,

they have to change, not you.

Be sure that you kiss your man in front of your son once you have both AND SHOW

THAT YOU ENJOY IT.

You might read \"No more Mr. nice Guy\". It is written to help men to get the life they

want. But you can read it to understand men.

MysteriousMan

Journeyman

Default Re: Damsel in Distress!! ...my observations

I also am very shy when it comes to men

and I am attracted to very shy men. LOL not a good combination for building romance.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">
    Ummm...how does anything get started at all, then? Kind of like Adam and Eve never approaching

each other and starting a conversation, period.

Personally, I have found men to be much more even-tempered than

women. Women often have wild mood swings due to their cycles (until menopause, that is). Recently I had a woman

who called me when I wasn\'t home, saying she \"really needed to talk to me\", and when I called her back a few

hours later, and again the next day, no answer, and she never returned my call. A couple weeks went by, and the

exact same thing happened again. Several women I know are just like Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde, in the same

person.

Two female exceptions I can think of are women that have had hysterectomies. They are very even-tempered

and very dependable. And, since neither has had any sort of boyfriend for at least 8 years, very uninterested in

certain activities. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

From my vantage point, WonderingThoughts,

it seems like women are the ones to be often changing their minds and not being predictable. Most males that I know

of are very predictable from one day to the next, their behavior and mood doesn\'t change much.

AzMike

For the love of peace. SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND KISS HIM ALREADY!!!!

He\'s shy...You\'ve gotta make the move.

I\'m sure you already know this and I know I\'ve said this 50 times but it still holds true. Wear really

tight pants. Do you have FrankieBs? Get some.

And a tank top with spaghetti straps. We can\'t resist

spaghetti straps [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Push him up against the wall, turn around, bend your knees

slightly, with your hands on top of your thighs, hike your butt up,(you did remember the heels right). And rub your

buns against his crotch. This will help to break him of his shyness. If he\'s not overwhelmed with desire for you

by then...He\'s a homo! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I am starting to think that Exit63 gives even better advice than Tallmacky.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

By law every woman should own at least one pair of Frankie

B\'s or Brazilian jeans. The lower the better

If he\'s not overwhelmed with

desire for you by then...He\'s a homo! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Lol exit63

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

DZorro,

Banned User

I know a few books were recommended but I have to recommended T.J Bigcocks book \"Beat the clock,

obtain the cock.\". As you can tell by the label this book is for women dealing with male niceness.....Others have

recommended that the guy change, T.J says \"naw, f**k that sh*t\". What you should do is let the guys be nice

watch Dharma and Greg together, but when it comes down to it grab his non-forcive head and demand in a clear voice

\"Whip that co*k out\" or \"Are you hungry, I don\'t care it\'s buffet time\". That sets them straight

instead of reading their large novels and putting their hands on their head like they are thinking they will be

shocked and turned on by your dominance.

So instead of \"honey are you feeling ok\" \"Do you desire my

tender yummy body\"

Tell that passive boy to \"Ride me like funland\" \"Stop thinking and start f444ing,

girly man\"

Banned User

Here is TJ at a book signing, check your local bookstore Wonder.

Here

Journeyman

EXIT63, this man is very classy!!! He is not the kind of man that go for something like that.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] He is the type of man that would dump me on the spot and never

look back again. He is only attracted to classy women. He has made that clear to everyone he knows. That is what

makes him so attractive.

By the way if he was the type of man that would respond to me rubbing my \"buns

against his crotch\" before marriage I would lose interest in him also. There are plenty of those kind of men and

I get plenty of interest from them. I only go after the rare ones. And classy is rare in men and woman in todays

culture. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

DAMN!!! That TJ dude is one hell of a ladies man.

Banned User

That\'s what good looks, wits, and style bring you not only selling 50 million books in 4 years but

all the ladies and respect....TJ is truly one of a kind.

Oh he\'s so sensitive.

Oh he\'s so shy.

Oh he\'s so classy.

Cut it out.

It\'s all an act

baby...And you\'re fallin for it.

Hook, line, and sinker.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Journeyman

I like sensitive.

I like shy.

I like classy.

I have ALREADY FELL.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And I like what I see.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hook, line, sinker, rod, real, man, and boat!!!

EXIT63, this man is very classy!!! He is not the

kind of man that go for something like that. He is the type of man that would dump me on the spot and never look

back again. He is only attracted to classy women.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> You say this, but

whatever you are doing doesn\'t seem to be working. Maybe you need to go out of your \"classy\" AKA Yawn element

to really get his attention. You seem so certain what type of woman he wants but he doesn\'t seem to be reacting

to that kind of woman.

Have you considered the stalker approach? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You can ask Elana

for tips. She\'s a pro! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Exit63 and Tallmacky...neck and neck

Banned User

WonderingThoughts,

While Exits advice is a bit on the agressive side, and I don\'t agree with a lot of it,

he does have some good points. While I don\'t advise that you push him up against the wall and press your butt

against his crotch, I do think wearing something sexy is a great idea. If you wear something that he has never seen

you wear, he\'ll think that you wore it just for him. I used to be a very shy person myself, when I was younger,

that has changed with age. I have come to realize through the years, that I was losing out on a lot of things

because of my shyness. I was a good looking guy when I was younger, and lost out on a lot of opportunities with

women, simply because I didn\'t have the balls to pursue them. From my own experiences, the best thing a woman

could do for me to break the ice physically is, to put their hand on my forearm, or rub it a way that women do, or

rub my back while we were walking, or make eye contact the way only a woman knows how to. Most guys are sh!t at

making, I\'m interested in you, eye contact. Lucky for us guys, most women have mastered this. When a woman did

these things, I knew that she was interested and I would always lean in for a kiss. Usually, things would be more

relaxed once that was out of the way. Talking among other things, became much easier. The fact that he retreats even

more, when you talk to other men, bothers me. Always keep in mind that he may not be the person you think he is. He

may be getting pissed off that another man is messing around in his territory, and thinks that you like it. He could

be possesive. If he starts saying things like, I don\'t like it when you talk to other men, Id turn tail and run.

Guys like this are not worth it, and are very dangerous. There\'s nothing wrong with being a little leary of a new

relationship. It will keep you safe in the long run.

Brian [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Journeyman

Brian, thanks for such an intelligent reply. I will take your advice and practice it every day. I

agree that this man could be passive and I will watch out for these kind of men as well. The last thing I want to

be trapped in a possessive relationship. I am not the type of person that would cheat on him but I do have lots of

male friendships that I would not give up just to appease his jealously.

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information