Hi ladies and

germs,

Thought I\'d start a thread here on pretty smelly things, hang out, practice ballet, and allow my

sensitive, feminine side to roam freely. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]You can\'t tell, but

right now I\'m wearing groovy, pin striped pants, a navy blue button down shirt, a lavender tie, suede boots, and

have neatly parted my hair. I took a bath earlier with my armada of plastic boats, and am ready to upload good

vibes. I smell like a fresh bottle of Coca-C [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]la. I am writing with an

audible English accent, and just brushed my teeth last month. See? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(I hope no one reading this is actually from England!)

My, you are a handsome and bright eyed class!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Ahem, well

we\'d better get started.

Basic things thing to know about perfuming:

1. They\'re made with

EO\'s, a carrier, and sometimes synthetic or animal products.

2. You mix things and strive for complete

harmony among ingredients.

3. It works well to think of three kinds of \'notes\': Bass, heart (When

I\'m not feeling sensitive and feminine, I call them \"MIDDLE NOTES\", and I make the quote signs with my

fingers, just like Austin Powers), and top notes. These distinctions are based on rates of evaporation. Where an oil

falls depends on context. Some are more versatile than others, especially when they are more complex oils. It\'s

good to let go of rules and make your own minds up here, though studying books on perfuming and aromatherapy is also

good.

4. As my \'text\', I\'m going to recommend \'Essence and Alchemy\', by Mandy Aftel (2001;

North Point Press, New York) due to the pretty naked woman on the cover. Ooops, I forgot my \"Sensitive New

Millenium Guy\" mantra.

5. To get you started, here is a simple but very nice ladies\' perfume recipe,

which I\'ll call, \"Here, Smell Me!\" (quotes provided by Austin Powers). Feel free to vary proportions. You all

are going to smell so nice!

Vetiver: 2 drops
Rose: 2 drops (If rose is too expensive, you can try lavender

or ylang-ylang).
Clary Sage: 1 drop
Lemon or Geranium: 4 drops (If you use Ylang, substitute orange

here)
40 drops jojoba oil, or to taste.

Try to add the oils in the order indicated to a little bottle

(like a flower essence bottle) and let sit for one day, shaking at least three times.

So have at it! Those

who want to learn at this time should try the formula. I\'ll be around, but I never take questions unless I\'m

asked.

Next week, Coca-Cola perfume! I\'m off for a beauty rest. All this sensitivity is a bit

draining.