Close

Stranger

Default Flowers or No Flowers

visit-red-300x50PNG
    There\'s a girl that I want to ask out. I would like to try something different than just going up to her and asking her out. So I figured that maybe I could send some flowers. She knows who I am we\'ve just never talked to each other. So I figured I should just put my name on the card and nothing else so she would know it was from me and that I liked her. Then go and ask her out.

Do you guys and girls think flowers would be a good idea when asking someone out or would it be to much or stupid? I have asked a few people there opinion on this and some say it would be a good idea,because no one hardly does it any more and some say I should just act like a man and ask her out without sending any flowers before hand.
    If sending flowers would be a good idea should I write anything else on the card besides my name?

Phero Dude

Default Re: Flowers or No Flowers

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    some say I should just act like a man and ask her out without sending any flowers before hand.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

The ones who are saying this are exactly right. Save the flowers until you are actually dating or you\'ll never even get that first date [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m inclined to agree...

Since you said that you haven\'t spoken to her, I would suggest doing that first.

If you know her well enough to know that sending her flowers would be \'just the thing\' for her, then go right ahead.

Otherwise this may appear strange -

example: how would you feel about a women that you\'d never really met before just randomly giving you a gift?

I\'ll admit that the concept does seem romantic, but in practice things work a little differently.

This does not mean that the idea was wrong, ignoble or destined to fail; I would merely recommend that you excercise caution, especially when breaking the ice.

Good Luck!

Steeve

No flowers! Just ask her out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

No flowers! Just ask her out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Agreed!

Do you really want your first \"contact\" to be symbolic supplication? It\'s like saying \"Hi, you don\'t know me, but I really need your approval before I dare speak to you...Oh come on, please like me...please, please, please\". I doubt that this would create the impression of a confident man...quite likely the opposite. Make sense? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Agreed!

Do you really want your first \"contact\" to be symbolic supplication? It\'s like saying \"Hi, you don\'t know me, but I really need your approval before I dare speak to you...Oh come on, please like me...please, please, please\". I doubt that this would create the impression of a confident man...quite likely the opposite. Make sense? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Exactly. Well said.

Holmes

Stranger

Default That\'s what I thought

Thanks for your advise. I agree that I should just ask her out and not send any flowers first. A few girl-friends of mine were the ones saying I should because it would be sweet. But it seemed to much to soon to me. Thats why I wanted other people\'s opinion on it. So I will not be sending any flowers I\'ll just ask her out and maybe bring a single flower on our first date if she accepts my offer.
    I believe I\'ll were some TE and SOE when I ask her out it seems to have a good affect on girls when meeting them for the first time. They seem more willing to talk and get a little flirty.
    Wish me luck [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Default Re: That\'s what I thought

Good Luck! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thread Information