Close

Phero Enthusiast

Default Dr Kevin Pezzi speaks about mones...

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Dr Pezzi, an ER doc that graduated at the top 1% of his med school has this to say. Nice to see some doctors supporting mones.

This physiological malapropism reminds me of the pheromone-containing colognes that were marketed in the late 1970s. Pheromones are hormones produced by animals that stimulate a response in other animals of the same species. In this case, scientists had identified a pheromone that caused the recipient\'s heart to beat faster and more forcefully. In a wild and unjustifiable extrapolation of logic, incorporation of this pheromone into men\'s colognes was supposed to make the hearts of nearby women beat faster and more strongly. And that it did. Since forceful beating of the heart is one of the things people experience when they are falling in love with a person of the opposite sex, this stimulation of the heart was supposed to make the pheromone recipient believe that they were falling in love with a certain person just because their heart went into overdrive when that person was around. Ha! We\'re not talking about moths or birds, we\'re talking about women! I don\'t think that anyone is so \"cerebrally challenged\" as to mistake an increase in heart rate with feelings of love. In medical school, my heart rate must have doubled whenever I saw a certain Professor of Surgery, yet the thought of love never crossed my mind in any manner that may have been associated with her. Far from it.

While that pheromone may have been a dud, there are pheromones that play some role in sexual attraction. Sooner or later, these are bound to be exploited commercially. A pheromone (copulin) has been identified in vaginal secretions just before ovulation, which is thought to play a role in stimulating the sexual interest of males. Since women are most apt to become pregnant around ovulation, it is not surprising that nature has contrived a means to facilitate intercourse at that time. Pheromones are also present in sweat. Men produce more sweat—and more pheromones—than women. The pheromone content of sweat may be one reason why women find sweat to be a turn on, especially in certain circumstances. For example, a few years ago I had a relationship with a woman who derived a great deal of pleasure from prolonged intercourse—often an hour or more. Given that I was the one doing most of the work, so to speak, it is not surprising that I became literally soaked with sweat. Having been raised in an American culture that often defines sweat as being offensive, I was actually apologetic to my girlfriend for my sweatiness. Her response shocked me. Not only did she not mind the sweat, she exclaimed, \"I love it!\" Now, this should not be interpreted by men as a license to become a perpetual sweat hog, as it is one thing to be clean and sweaty, and something else altogether different to reek of B.O. Pheromones or not, offensive odor can negate the otherwise positive effect of sweat.

A new cologne, called Realm, contains a \"feel-good\" pheromone that enhances one\'s sense of well-being. Realm comes in two types: one intended for application on men, and another intended for application on women. The men\'s version enhances male well-being; the woman\'s version enhances female well-being. Seems strange, doesn\'t it? The purpose of wearing the cologne is, after all, the attraction of a mate, so it seems logical to assume that the male version would enhance a female\'s sense of well-being, so that women who are in proximity to a pheromonally supplemented man would feel good while they\'re in his presence. The pheromone colognes of the 1970s may have been duds, but it doesn\'t take a rocket scientist to realize that a man could apply Realm for Women and increase his success in dating. The people who manufacture Realm are certainly bright enough to realize that, so why don\'t they just do the apparently logical thing and have the male version attract women, and vice versa? Repeat after me, attorneys. Repeat after me, lawsuits. Yes, folks, we live in America, the land where manufacturers of lawn mowers get sued if they don\'t emblazon their mowers with a half-dozen stickers warning there is actually a moving blade beneath the mower deck, and this moving blade is potentially dangerous. No kidding? So that\'s what cuts the grass, eh? The manufacturer of Realm is worried that the same type of attorneys who sue lawn mower manufacturers who secretly hide dangerous rotating blades will sue them, alleging their client never would have fallen for the con man, mass-murderer, or VD-infested scumbag, were it not for the overwhelming attraction elicited by the pheromone. Hence, by labeling the male \"feel-good\" version for use on males, the manufacturer can honestly claim that Megan\'s attraction for Steve had nothing to do with their product. Of course, they know you\'re smart enough to figure out which version you\'d like to wear, but they didn\'t tell you that, right?

If you would like to expand your knowledge of fun facts to know and tell about pheromones, read on. The organ responsible for pheromone detection is the vomeronasal organ (VNO), which is bilaterally located on the floor of the nose. The VNO was once thought to be vestigial, but several independent researchers have unequivocally demonstrated that it is functional, providing a true \"sixth sense.\" Pheromone response is to some degree, but certainly not absolutely, gender-specific. Realm for Women contains the pheromone androstadienone, and Realm for Men contains estratetraenol. Male VNO response to Realm for Women is approximately 40% of the female response, and female response to Realm for Men is about 40% of the male response. Got that? This blurring of gender specificity no doubt proves to be unsettling to Erox, the manufacturer of Realm, for the reason mentioned above. Notwithstanding any corporate paranoia over liability and their attempted mitigation of this problem by obfuscating the obvious gender utilization of their products, though, Erox should be justifiably proud of their accomplishments. In fact, if my vote means anything, I\'ll even go so far as to nominate them for a Nobel Prize. Intelligently used, pheromones are far more than a somewhat underhanded means of increasing intersexual attraction. They can enhance the perception of well-being, making the recipient feel more cheerful, less irritable, less depressed, and imparting a feeling of a perpetual internal smile—at least until the cologne wears off. If they don\'t believe this already, it can make a person feel that life is indeed worth living. By reducing stress, pheromones can indirectly improve immune function, help build muscle, reduce cardiovascular risk, and even combat skin diseases such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis.

http://personal.coslink.net/kpezzi/fhsexcer.htm#In%20a%20dose

I have read this guys book, \'the science of sex\', very good and lots of information.

Default Re: Dr Kevin Pezzi speaks about mones...

Thanks for the post, Jones! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Banned User

Jones,

What Sag said...me too. So are you out of the storm now?

Ash

Ditto. Good stuff.

Holmes

There is a lot of misinformation in this article, too much to detail. One huge issue is whether or not the VNO is required. Most of the article reads somewhat like a testimonial for Erox corporations\'s Realm products. I agree it is nice to have some support from a medical doctor, but misinformation sometimes does more harm than good.

Hard to say when this article was drafted, Realm was marketed in the early 90\'s; it\'s not a \"new\" cologne. In any case, the author is not up to date on his information.

He lost me in the 1st sentence. But then my malapropism isn\'t what it used to be.

Phero Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Jones,

What Sag said...me too. So are you out of the storm now?

Ash

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I have yet to had much sucess with mones, but I am still trying. I am just naturally skeptical, but the science keeps me encouraged.

Phero Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    There is a lot of misinformation in this article, too much to detail. One huge issue is whether or not the VNO is required. Most of the article reads somewhat like a testimonial for Erox corporations\'s Realm products. I agree it is nice to have some support from a medical doctor, but misinformation sometimes does more harm than good.

Hard to say when this article was drafted, Realm was marketed in the early 90\'s; it\'s not a \"new\" cologne. In any case, the author is not up to date on his information.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I agree, Dr Pezzi is very smart, he is a doc so I dont expect him to be right on top of every emerging study on mones.

I do appreciate your response, and I have read your book. Just one Q, have you met Helen Fisher? I think she should be credited with opening up a whole knew field of science. Well maybe that is high praise.

Your involment here has encouraged me to get some SOE gel packs. I tried AE with little luck, just bought realm.w for 20$ (inculding shipping [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) so I will see how things compare or if they do anything together.

I am very observant I will be sure to post if SOE does anything. Is it true I can make 2 application out of one gel pack and keep potency?

Stranger

So how does wearing Realm /w on men compare to men wearing Realm/m when trying to get attraction responses from

women..
    Any men tried Realm/w and have noticed positive affects on the women around them?
    I\'m curious...to

know...more... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Stranger

Oh! and whilst we\'re at it has anyone tried the new(so called new) inner realm for women?
    INNER REALM For Women

By EROX CORP.

REALM designed INNER REALM in 1997. Its fragrant nature explores essences of pheromone, sage and

peony. Blended with notes of freesia, sandalwood and oakmoss, INNER REALM is a romantic type of fragrance.
    I

suppose it has the same things in it as Realm/w but is a more Romantic Fragrance?
    Anyone?
    Thoughts,

experiences..please?

I'm a whopper!

I have realm for women. it makes me feel more alert and happy when i wear it. It seems to draw positive

results with the women around me.

Thread Information