Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Banned User

Default Re: detailed newbie question

visit-red-300x50PNG
    You right the whole pheromones following is a crap shot. It does not matter what you mix it with how you wear it .it stinks. smells like CRAP! My boyfriend wore it and i couldnt stand to get near him...I can\'t believe you people whats wrong with you are yall such a bunch of losers to reley on such awful smelling stuff to be selfasured. to pick up the oposite sex.. i feel sorry for yall.if my boyfriend ever wore it again i would dump him...

Banned User

WTF? Here\'s a question for you? Why did you bother to register on this forum? Was it to write that illegible post? I had to read it several times to understand what you were trying to say. It seems to me, that your the one with low self-esteem, the fact that you posted what you did, tells me that you did it to make yourself feel better about your own inadequacies. You made a lot of statements with nothing to back them up. If you were to dump your boyfriend for wearing phero\'s again, something tells me that it wouldn\'t be a great loss to him. You\'ll probably be doing him a favor. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Brian,

I \'ve got no problem with what angeleyes wrote. She\'s entitled to her opinion, and she actually made some very valid points. In fact, prior to purchasing and using the pheromones, I was of the same opinion that she was - the only people using these things were sad losers who couldn\'t get laid on their own without help. However, after acquiring the pheromones and reading and participating on this board so that I could gain a proper understanding of how to use and apply the pheromones, I have quickly come to appreciate their existence.

If angeleyes would do a little research, she\'ll find that most individuals are not \"getting laid\" with them, but rather they help in breaking down or overcoming barriers (socio-economic, appearence, etc.) and help them gain a greater understanding of who the other individuals are at a more base/natural level. They also help in providing a level of confidence and self-esteem (for both men and women, as both sexes utilize pheromones). One man\'s bottle of The Edge is another mans Dodge Viper. Ego boosters, attractants, etc. Same thing. Although, people using pheromones are actually trying to appeal to people on a more intimate and emotional level, versus the guy in the Ferrari, who is trying to appeal to the visual and status level.

She also has had a negative experience with pheromones, likely due to her boyfriend who apparently didn\'t have the proper understanding of their use and how they should be applied.

Don\'t give up too quickly angeleyes. Look at pheromones with an open mind and you may yet end up mixing your own phero concoctions.

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    You right the whole pheromones following is a crap shot. It does not matter what you mix it with how you wear it .it stinks. smells like CRAP! My boyfriend wore it and i couldnt stand to get near him...I can\'t believe you people whats wrong with you are yall such a bunch of losers to reley on such awful smelling stuff to be selfasured. to pick up the oposite sex.. i feel sorry for yall.if my boyfriend ever wore it again i would dump him...

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I suspect a troll myself, but if im wrong dont shoot me!

But she did call me a loser...lol. Dont you just love sweeping statements, how can anyone qualify that statement without knowing me, or anyone else on the forum?

cuddlebear

Here we go again, another \"snake oil\" post ... It doesn\'t bother me that some don\'t believe about pheros, it really doesn\'t ... I would like to thank a certain forum member for bringing this thread to my attention, because it gives me an opportunity to assure ANYONE who thinks that these things are placebos that THEY ARE NOT. I have had experiences with mones (Nol especially) that have proven to me, for the remainder of my earthly existence, that these products DO indeed provide social and sexual results that, with me anyway, DO NOT HAPPEN WITHOUT THEM.

I will assume that Angeleyes is a legitimate poster, although I can\'t imagine why someone would start their tenure on the forum with that kind of post.

And BTW, it is possible THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND O\'D!

There are quite a few posters who have been frustrated in their efforts to find the right mone mix, to some extent I believe we all are, but if these things were just snake oil, do you really believe that the Hit Squad and things of that nature could continue to exist??

OK, off the soapbox ...

Cuddles

Default Re: detailed newbie question *DELETED*

Post deleted by Holmes

Banned User

Hello Guys, don\'t get all worked up because someone calls you a loser!

Troll.....no question about it.

Banned User

Threads with trolls are always fun.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Personally I want to see a few more posts of this user before I call him/her a troll.

Threads with trolls are always fun..

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> agreed [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What\'s a troll?

What\'s a troll?

Second cousin to the troglodyte.

Holmes

No really... I\'ve seen it said all over this board...

Is is some specific kind of poster?

Phero Dude

Look who cares if shes a troll, troglodyte, gremlin or gnome...the fact is we need sceptics &amp; I\'m glad for her scepticism...If everyone believed in the efficacy of mone use we\'d all be canceling each other out...Glad to have you on board angel eyes &amp; keep spreading the word that mones dont work... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If everyone believed in the efficacy of mone use we\'d all be canceling each other out...

Very good point. But, still, what\'s a troll?

Holmes

Banned User

Look who cares if shes a troll, troglodyte, gremlin or gnome...the fact is we need sceptics &amp; I\'m glad for her scepticism...If everyone believed in the efficacy of mone use we\'d all be canceling each other out...Glad to have you on board angel eyes &amp; keep spreading the word that mones dont work...

Being skeptical is one thing, calling everyone a loser who uses mones, is just ignorant. I was skeptical at first too, but it never entered my mind that those who use them are losers. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Brian

Being skeptical is one thing, calling everyone a loser who uses mones, is just ignorant.

Also true. (I was biting my tongue--ouch!)

Holmes

If everyone believed in the efficacy of mone use we\'d all be canceling each other out...

Very good point. But, still, what\'s a troll?

Holmes

Lives under a bridge in the children\'s poem \"Billy Goats Gruff.\" Also, creatures of the mountains created by Suaron in \"The Hobbit\" When exposed to sunlight they turn to stone. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Look who cares if shes a troll, troglodyte, gremlin or gnome...the fact is we need sceptics &amp; I\'m glad for her scepticism...If everyone believed in the efficacy of mone use we\'d all be canceling each other out...Glad to have you on board angel eyes &amp; keep spreading the word that mones dont work...

Being skeptical is one thing, calling everyone a loser who uses mones, is just ignorant. I was skeptical at first too, but it never entered my mind that those who use them are losers. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Brian

Do you really care what she calls You?

Lives under a bridge in the children\'s poem \"Billy Goats Gruff.\" Also, creatures of the mountains created by Suaron in \"The Hobbit\" When exposed to sunlight they turn to stone. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well, Steve, there ya go. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Holmes

angeleyes,

I\'m curious. In the two and a half weeks since you registered as a member of this forum did you read some/any of the posts? Did you NOT come to realize that too large an application of pheromones WILL smell bad?
    How about your boyfriend, the guy who wore the pheros. Did he figure out that it wasn\'t a good idea to dump a load of pheros on himself without knowing what he was doing?
    Was HE checking the forum for advice?
    Or were you advising him?
    Why wouldn\'t HE be the one to come on the board and tell us what you told us?
    Or, are you hinting to us that your boyfriend \"isn\'t too bright\"?
    More or less twice.

Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

angeleyes,

I\'m curious. In the two and a half weeks since you registered as a member of this forum did you read some/any of the posts? Did you NOT come to realize that too large an application of pheromones WILL smell bad?
    How about your boyfriend, the guy who wore the pheros. Did he figure out that it wasn\'t a good idea to dump a load of pheros on himself without knowing what he was doing?
    Was HE checking the forum for advice?
    Or were you advising him?
    Why wouldn\'t HE be the one to come on the board and tell us what you told us?
    Or, are you hinting to us that your boyfriend \"isn\'t too bright\"?
    More or less twice.

Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

More than likely, she busted the dude redhanded with \'mones, and was trying to find out information on them. Probably ended up on this forum as a result of a web search, and found out that guys (and girls) are using them in an attempt to get laid via subterfuge. At this point she\'s pissed off at her boyfriend sneaky, underhanded methods of attempting to get into her pretty pink panties, forces him to flush his expensive \'mones down the drain, apologize profusely, and live in her dog house for a couple of weeks. Since she likes the guy enough to keep him around, she kicks his butt, but not enough to fully extinguish her rage. Thus she takes out her remaining wrath on the entire pheromone using cult of personality (a.k.a - the Love-Scent forum contributors).

Hey, I can understand. I\'d be pissed if some chick was dosing my cocktail with ruffies in an effort to drag me back to her apartment so that she can go at me with a John Holmes sized strap-on, and she probably looks at this as simply a minor variant on that type of invasion of personal privacy/space/whatever.

Holmes

uhhh... Great [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I just thought it meant something different when referring to a forum poster.

Journeyman

Default Re: Trolls in cyberspace

Holmes

uhhh... Great [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I just thought it meant something different when referring to a forum poster.

If you want a long definition of Internet Troll, go to this URL:

http://www.4reference.net/encyclopedias/wikipedia/Internet_troll.html

This definition starts out as follows:

On the Internet, a troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally. Though technically different from flaming, which is an unmistakable direct personal attack, trolls often resort to innuendo or misdirection in the pursuit of their objective, which is to create controversy for its own sake, discredit those with whom they disagree, or sabotage discussion by creating an intimidating atmosphere. Note that this is a highly subjective term, as everyone is affected differently by the nature of the term deemed a \"troll\". Originally this term applied to people who were intentionally posting flamebait, by analogy with the fishing technique of trolling: metaphorically, these people were dragging a conversational lure through the group, hoping for a response. The concept of \"this person is trolling our newsgroup\" became shortened to \"this person is a troll\", and picked up the association of the monster trolls of folklore. Trolling mostly maintains its earlier meaning of posting messages specifically in order to elicit a particular response, usually anger or argument.

AzMike

Thanks AzMike.

Holmes

Darn, it was so much more fun to visualize them as hairy, ape-like creatures with long arms hiding in the dank recesses under a bridge. It just seems so much more appropriate. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

It does, actually! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Holmes

Phero Enthusiast

Since you’re interested in the research, look over the recent work of McClintock, Sobel, and Savic. Very clear and impressive evidence of how phero exposure affects the brain, and how those effects are gender-specific. There’s also good evidence from the Japanese that certain phero alter sex hormones in women, and a European study showing male testosterone spikes on exposure to female copulins. Humans have scent glands, and the chemicals they produce have a demonstrable affect on other humans’ endocrine and CN systems.

Of course this work is in it’s infancy, and the ‘language’ of pheros is nowhere near ‘translation’. But since the affected areas seem to be related to sex, and phero production really kicks in at puberty, well, it’s not to much of a leap to think that human pheros affect our sexuality and response.

You are quite right to then question how much of an effect are we talking about? That will be worked out more specifically in years to come, but as an upper limit on phero effects one can look at the extent to which human sexuality is controlled by hormones in general. There’s a tedious recent thread here dealing with that, but suffice it to say that hormonal shifts certainly influence our sexual motivation, but the response is much less affected by hormonal shifts than the it is in lower mammals. I’d rate the effect as a bit more than your ‘nudge’, but not a lot more. We still have to deal with a woman’s conscious mind…but pheros are important in the overall approach (as is anything that affects her hormone levels, like physical touch).

Anyway, there is good science that pheros have an effect, and we can assume they influence sexual attraction. Pheros are one of your weapons, but certainly not the entire arsenal.

Back to some things you mentioned. There is forum wisdom here about the effects of certain products, which you can verify with your own experimentation. -Nol is thought to increase friendliness, perhaps also along with some -rone (SoE). It’s hard to say exactly, since the effects can be different on the same woman at different times in her cycle. One thing is sure – nol affects hormone release rates in women when they are exposed. You’ll probably have to try it, and at different dosages, to see what behavioral effects you notice.

Products containing -dienone can be expected to have the brain-activating effects noted by Savic and the others. McClintock also showed psychological effects on women, such as mood upswings. I find the effect subtle when I wear it, but the research has convinced me there’s something going on in her brain’s sexual areas, whether I notice overt outward manifestations or not. I almost always have some -dienone on these days.

-None is definitely masculine, and I find it unpleasant except in very small doses. The research is sketchiest about -none, although I have noticed responses from some women when I’m wearing just a little -none. Too much without effective cologne cover just makes you smell bad, IMO.

NPA/TE have a secret ingredient, and I must say I have had some aggressive responses from girls while wearing it – responses that are out of character for some of the girls I know. But unfortunately these products also smell very bad, so must be used in moderation with some cover scent. I recommend them highly for experimentation – they are the products that initially convinced me that pheros work.

You described your personality type in detail. Since you have such a clear understanding of that, you may want to try pheros that help you project certain things in certain situations. At times you may want to reinforce friendliness, other times you may want to project aggressive masculinity which you think is somewhat counter to your basic personality. Since you like intelligent women, you may even want to send mixed signals (tough yet friendly, etc.), the type of paradox that fascinates the brighter women (waste of time on the dumber ones – they like things simple). Play with your image like a woman plays with makeup and clothes, and use pheros as one tool to support the signals you want to send. Human beings read all sorts of conscious and unconscious signals (not just olfactory).

Right now science has demonstrated that pheros have an effect on human beings; the precise meaning of what they mean in different mixtures and contexts is open to future exploration. Good luck on your phero journey…I encourage you to read up on the recent science, and give it a try for yourself.

Thanks Irish for an interesting reply. I came back after a few days and saw 28 new on this thread, but unfortunately ... well, I\'m sure you saw. heh. I\'m curious if you have URLs to the newer research since I was digging around on the web and couldn\'t find much other than the few old ones, mainly due to \"Google pollution\" by loads of shady pheromone sites.

BTW, I did search the patent database as one user suggested for patents by Cutler (actually before he suggested it, but I tried again just in case) and came up with nothing specific on pheromones as an attractant, but one patent on the use of pheromones to regulate the menstrual cycle.

I\'m going to be starting another thread I think, since this one attracted a troll. :-P

Ed - just missed the last page where the troll question was answered [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information