Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default I can\'t smell the pheros...

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I just got some of the old Primal and I don\'t smell anything when I smell it. I also have The Edge, and I only smell a little alcohol smell when I smell that.

Some of you have said that you avoid putting too much because of the smell or put cologne on to mask the smell. Since I can\'t smell it, I was wondering if you guys could tell me how much can I put on without having a bad smell. I usually put a little cologne on when I wear the pheros. I don\'t want to drench myself in cologne, but I also don\'t want to smell like B.O. when I smell the pheros. Right now I usually put on around 2 drops of Primal and then 2 drops of Pherool Factor and/or a spray of the Edge on my shirt. I guess what I\'m trying to ask is: What do the pheromones smell like, how bad is the smell, and what should I do to cover it?

Also, just out of curiosity, what percentage of people actually smell pheromones? At first I thought that most people don\'t smell them, but from what I\'m hearing on the boards it seems like a lot of people do smell them.

Replies to any of my questions would be appreciated. Thanks.

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: I can\'t smell the pheros...

Hello Ice,
    There was a serious scientific study on smell done by the National Geographic Soc, some years ago. The results appear briefly in James Kohl\'s book on pheromones, the Scent of Eros, and I reviewed them in an old issue of the Pheromone News (see: http://www.love-scent.com/zine/issues).
    The % of men and women who can detect the smell of androstenone varies quite a bit from one culture to another as you would expect, but as I remember about 25% of US males can not smell androstenone at all, so you are not alone.

The amounts of the various products you mention sound about right to me for a starting point, but your own natural body chem plays a role, so you might want to experiment a bit.

Good luck,
    Bruce

Thread Information