Close

Journeyman

Default Worst Colognes of all time!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I tried this one elsewhere... not sure anyone was really checking it out though.

Hi...... What do you all think are the worst fragrances of all time? I\'ve smelled some really really gross ones over the years....... the Avon bottles shaped like cars and boats that somehow end up as decorations at my parents house seem to be some of the most rank. They also contain almost a gallon of the offensive stuff. ha ha.

The worst one anyone ever got me as a christmas gift.. was Navy for Men....... I tried to like it.. I really did...but it\'s just gross. I\'m all for inexpensive drug store colognes, but I found a really rank one in \"Coty Wild Citrus\"....smelled like florida exploded..... there was another one called \"Stetson Unleashed\"...... Stetson is a nice one for winter... or night... but this stuff was yuck. A disgrace to the other Stetson lines... whick are not bad at all.

What ones are the worst? I\'d like to catch a whif of them next time I\'m at the store... I need a laugh.
    Someone told me \"Canoe\" was really nasty.

Phero Enthusiast

Default Re: Worst Colognes of all time!

Joop for men, made me throw up when I smelled it on my brother... quite embarrassing moment [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] for both [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

That\'s not a good thing, especially because most women that like Joop! are really fanatic about it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

A*Men (Angel Men) disappointed me big time. Not the worst cologne of all time at all, but I expected a lot more. They say you either love it very much, or hate it.

It smells better on me then on a card, so it\'s not the skin chemistry ruining it for me.

I do not really like it in the beginning. It gets better over time, but I would never wear a scent I do not like for the first three hours just because it gets a lot better later on. And in the case of A*men, you can scrap that \"a lot\" from my previous sentence.

Phero Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    That\'s not a good thing, especially because most women that like Joop! are really fanatic about it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
    Hmmm, I\'m glad that I know a lot of women who think Joop sucks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It smells too sweet. Just like female scents like Lou Lou by Cacharel (all scents by Cacharel for that matter [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])

Phero Pro

A*Men (Angel Men) disappointed me big time. Not the worst cologne of all time at all, but I expected a lot more. They say you either love it very much, or hate it.

It smells better on me then on a card, so it\'s not the skin chemistry ruining it for me.

I do not really like it in the beginning. It gets better over time, but I would never wear a scent I do not like for the first three hours just because it gets a lot better later on. And in the case of A*men, you can scrap that \"a lot\" from my previous sentence.

Yup, my friend has that and told me it was the [censored] etc..My first time smelling it he sprayed it on me...oh gawd i hated it so much...

Stetson.

I will probably get flamed for this, because a LOT of men wear it, but I think it\'s overwhelmingly sweet and cloying.

Phero Enthusiast

Stetson.

I will probably get flamed for this, because a LOT of men wear it, but I think it\'s overwhelmingly sweet and cloying.

Yeah! I agree that Stetson is really yucky too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Now I know, I\'m disgusted by Patchouli and Vanilla in fragrances.

Phero Pro

Hehe, looks like I have a completely different taste. I love Joop! and A*Men. Joop has a wonderful sweet bouquet with light fruity notes (like berries). It\'s definitely no scent for everyone for two reasons, first because many people simply don\'t like the scent and second because many guys are getting a really gay aura out of Joop!. It\'s one of those scents that are perfect to underline your appearance and get you really noticed, it\'s almost impossible to stay in the \"invisible man zone\". The best way to even top this effect is using it along with a tiny dab of good Patchouli.
    A*Men is a very complex scent building with unusual ingredients and therefore very interesting. I like it because it\'s none of these plain and straight scents that many houses produce meanwhile.
    Both scents are carefully and smooth crafted and just don\'t belong to the worst colognes.

Phero Pro

I wear Joop! Nightflight daily...

It\'s my favorite...

It has a VERY UNIQUE &amp; LIGHT smell..

Once again I like it...

Never had 1 bad complain about it...

I am sexy...

I am sexy...

The End...

(sorry I was bored)

That\'s so funny, I sell AVON and their fragrances are not the greatest. I have smelled them all and \"Little Black Dress\" is the worst, it smells like Raid. The only one that are decent from AVON are \"Haiku\", \"Haiku Awakenings\", and the entire Naturals Body Spray line. Even my husband doesn\'t like \"Black Suede\". I think AVON has to work on their perfume chemistry.. because for me at least, after the smell goes away, they almost all have the same aftersmell.

I am sexy...

I am sexy...

The End...

(sorry I was bored)

That\'s right, sweetie!!!! You tell it to the world!!! YOU ARE SEXY!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

I am sexy...

I am sexy...

The End...

(sorry I was bored)

That\'s right, sweetie!!!! You tell it to the world!!! YOU ARE SEXY!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh I have a newer and very CLEAR piccy for you to check out :P

Journeyman

Hmm... Stetson is one in my arsenal that only gets used ocasionally...... I like it when I\'m in certain moods... daily would be a no-no. Polo is pretty gross I think.

Journeyman

I forgot about \"Canoe\"..... I\'ve been told it is the worst stuff to ever grace the shelf at Wal-Mart.

Phero Enthusiast

Anything WAL mart is gonna smell like SH*T [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My dad used to wear Canoe and High Karate back in the 70s...awful, horrible, wretched stuff. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] Yuk!

Journeyman

Actually, most of the Jovan products are at Wal-Mart.. NRG gets a very good result. Wally World has Cool Water too.. I never thumb my nose at drug store cologne.. you may find something good that you can wear daily without killing your wallet.

You\'ll find that your taste in cologne will change with your age. Just as music you think is so great when you\'re 16 will sound bombastic and simplistic at 40, I\'ve found that English Leather today just smells chemical and cheap although I loved it when I was 16.

Default Re: Worst Cologne taglines of all time

\"A man wants to smell like a man\".

\"All my men wear English Leather. Or they wear nothing at all\".

\"Share the fantasy\" Ok, it\'s perfume.

\"By-Men-nen\"

\"Co-stan-za\"

etc

I\'ll gladly put in another vote for Stetson. That one stenches (my word) pretty fierce, yo.

Among the \"finer\" fragrances, I just sampled a new Kenzo one that was pretty ruthless on the senses...luxurious notes of putrid cigar and rotting citrus--a combo sure to turn any evening into magic [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Should come gift-boxed with two Extra-Strength Tylenol and a barf-bag. Blaaaah!

Holmes

Phero Enthusiast

\'Passion\' is a foul reeking abomination. \'Preferred Stock\' should be renamed \'Preferred Livestock\'. \'Old Spice\' and \"Brut\' are provided upon admission to the finer nursing homes. Fendi \'Life Essence\' smells like vinegar, on me anyway. \'Adidas\' is the scent of an idiot.

Indeed, \"Preferred Stock\" is an atrocity. \"Adidas\" packs the essence of a Speed Stick-infested locker room. And \"Brut,\" as we all know, is just plain tragic--the \"Ripple\" of colognes.

Let me add \"Casual For Men\" to this list. A drop too much of that stuff is murder (or suicide, depending on the vantage point.)

Oh...\"Old Dirty Bastard\" is pretty awful, too.

Holmes

Journeyman

Interestingly enough, I got a fresh sampler of Preferred Stock, and I tried just a few drops.... It was quite aromatic... and my lady friend had her nose buried in my neck for a long time.... more than usual. I know that PS is one you have to use very lightly.

Coty Products in general work great for me... be it Jovan, Stetson, PS, Wild..... whatever... I always get girls telling me how yummy I smell. Most other products are hit and miss, but I always do really well with Coty stuff. Prices are low too. I must be the body chemistry they design for......

Thread Information