Close

Thread: Response times

Default Response times

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Reading some of the recent posts got me thinking about response tmes and the mechanisms involed in pheromone use. Much of the research I have read seems to imply that the initial response time to pheromones is very quick, milli-seconds to seconds. But some of the recent comments in the forum make it sound like people believe response times are measured in minutes. Myself, I believe that as soon as the body senses mones, the subliminal reactions start and that takes very little time. However, some of the reactions, like increased testosterone levels from copulin exposure, take time because the body has to gear up and start releasing it into the system. There are the questions of the mones getting from the source to the subject but again there has been research into smell in general that seem to imply the molecules disperse rapidly throughout a fairly large area and should be detected rapidly by the subject.

Any opinions here?

Banned User

Default Re: Response times

They are working instantly all of the time, but sometimes it takes some time for the wearer to notice a change in behaviour in its target. That is what is causing confusing, IMHO... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

That\'s kind of what I thought. The subliminal reaction is almost instant but it takes time to cause our higher brains to get the message to take action. Then we have to think it over and decide whether to to follow up.

bel,

I agree that the initial reactions to pheros can be, and most often are instantaneous, but that the full effect isn\'t realized until the hormonal response takes effect. But so many variables come into play such as target\'s phero sensitivity threshold, and even variables within specific targets, such as the point where they are in their menstrual cycle, that the reactions aren\'t always easy to discern. Indifference CAN be a reaction. Avoidance as well.

I think some other good related questions would be:

To what extent does PROLONGED exposure improve the chances to elicit reactions/responses/results considering varying thresholds of pheromone sensitivity in target subjects.

Can the effects of the exposure be cumulative, or is there a point where the sensing mechanisms no longer transmit?

Or, if they do continue to transmit, does the responding brain center continue to release hormones, or is it a \"Sorry, already shot my wad, so you\'re gonna have to wait\" situation?

Or, is it somewhat like audio feedback, where the proper dose for the intended subject continues to loop through, increasing in intensity with time?

I\'d LIKE to think that the answers to all these questions worked in our favor.

Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    To what extent does PROLONGED exposure improve the chances to elicit reactions/responses/results considering varying thresholds of pheromone sensitivity in target subjects.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I think prolonged exposure grately improves the reactions. For instance, last Saturday I went out with some mates and met up with some old friends. One of them happened to be this girl I had a crush on a few years ago, and another attractive girl.

NOTE: back when these girls were my friends, that was all they saw me as, just the funny nice guy (they said I had the best personality in the year group etc.).

I had briefly met the other girl (not my old crush, we\'ll call her girl B) previously when wearing pheros, so she seemed quite happy to see me (\"Hi!\"\'s and hugs etc). My old crush said hi but not much else. I wasnt really paying much attention to this, after all it was someone elses birthday. So me and my drinking buddy got some drinks in (tequila [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) and relaxed. We (the main group) then went to another venue, with the other girls following shortly. This is when it got interesting. When the girls arrived we made our way to the dance floor, and me, girl B, another two girls and my mates started dancing. I was having a lot of fun with girl B, joking and pissing around, but she was also directing some hot dancing in my direction [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. Then my old crush appeared next to me, but she was suddenly acting really shy, this other guy had been hitting on her but was wasnt paying him any attention any more. She kept just staring at me, and now i think about it was was DIHLing big time all throught the night. Her body language was very positive, she was constantly turned towards me, etc. Then I left to go to yet another venue with the main group, and got some more drinks in (more tequila [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). We sat around on some sofas for a while but went upstairs to dance when the others arrived.

More steamy dancing with girl B, and my old crush was flirting (with kino, touching my arm and chest) and vying for my attention. The guy who was hitting on her earlier was still with us (I dont know him), and he was looking pretty pissed off [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. But once again I\'m not single so she was a no go for me.

At the end of the night girl B invited me to her birthday party, and my old crush was asking when she could see me again (even though her and the guy ended up making out! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] ).

There are definitely various response mechanisms at work.

The first effect is on the hypothalmus. It is the interface between the body\'s hormones and the nervous system - from the latter to the former, the mental control means. The hypothalmus sends a signal into the brain, releasing neuropeptides and dopamine if the brain is primed. That\'s pretty quick acting. I\'d think DIHLs are one examples.

The hypothalmus also releases control hormones into the blood stream. It takes a while for the circulation to get those signals to the sex and adrenal glands and then some time for those glands to emit their hormones which make their way BACK to the brain and work their magic there (testosterone, for example).

All this is but my speculation but it makes sense to me.

Thread Information