Close

Default Mixture got weird reaction from hubby

visit-red-300x50PNG
    <font color=\"purple\"> </font> Hello! Well, I don\'t know what to do.. I created this mixture of PCC, APC+PI/w, and Hawaiian Lei essential oils..of equal parts, and put on a couple of rolls (well, I placed it in my PCC roll-on bottle of equal amounts). The first time I did it, he reaction was, \"What\'s that smell?\" and I got kinda embarrassed and told him it was a plumeria lotion I was using. The next time I put on a lot was last night when we went out and I got into the car. He was like, \"What are you wearing?\" and I said, \"Why? What does it smell like?\" and he was like, \"I don\'t know, but it smells different\". I told him it was a Plumeria fragrance I\'m using, but he said \"I can kind of smell that, but there is this weird after smell.\" What happened here? Did I OD on this stuff? I don\'t know what to do now. Last night, when we got home, I put on more on my wrists, and then put lotion on top of it, and asked him to smell it (not telling him I put the mixture on it) and he said, \"Yeah, that\'s it, what is that?\" Well, I just told him it was Plumeria. So.. everyone...did I just OD on it and he\'s getting this bad reaction to it? I\'m kinda worried now, that I created this frankenstein mix that my hubby won\'t mix. What should I do? Should I just use a few drops of it, or throw it all into a body spray? Help!

Default Re: Mixture got weird reaction from hubby

I don\'t have APC, but didn\'t someone say it has kind of a coconut-y scent? Maybe it\'s the mixture of scents that\'s confusing him, and not the actual mix. Also, the lotion you\'re using may just not blend well with the -mone mix. Have you tried testing the mix without the plumeria?

I have no idea if it has a coconut-scent, because the one I purchased was already combined with PI/w. I haven\'t tried the mix without the Plumeria body lotion though. I was wondering, though.. do most people use a regular perfume spray to cover up whatever mones they put on? I\'m kind of confused, because I usually just wear them alone. Putting the Plumeria on was just something different I tried. I am just worried that if he smelled this combo, and had that reaction, what other people would think too! I have read posts about the fragrance, \"Angel\".. is that the one from Victoria\'s Secret? Because I\'m willing to give that a try.
    Well...looking forward to more suggestions, thanks!

Well, PIw has no scent, so if the APC was combined with it, whatever scent there was came from the APC.

I use a cover sometimes. It really depends on what I\'m wearing. PIw, PCC, lavender-nol, or citrus-nol don\'t need covers, IMO, because they either smell good on their own or have no scent. I like to cover AEw if I can, because it smells like I\'ve been rubbing myself on a guy and got his cologne on me.
    See what your female friends think of the scent of your new mix. It could just be that your hubby\'s not crazy about that scent in particular. Some guys are weird that way. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    No, the Angel we post about is not from VS. It\'s from Thierry Mugler, and although *I* haven\'t seen it in the malls down South, that doesn\'t mean it\'s not there. Some better-quality perfume shops also sell it. But if you like VS\'s Angel, try it and see how it works. It\'s all about what you like and what blends well with your mixes.

I think I\'m going to try Angel...I was looking on some websites.. and, is this Angel for Women.. or Angel Innocent for women? Just wanted to make sure before I ordered it. Thanks!

It\'s Angel for Women. Angel Innocent is different.

Found these descriptions on a fragrance web site. May give you an idea of the difference between the two.

Angel:
    \"The first fragrance by designer Thierry Mugler, it is a blue hued, oriental scent with essences of chocolate, caramel, honey and vanilla, with sensual wooded notes.\"

Angel Innocent:
    \"...a refreshing, flowery fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of pure mandarin, honey, fresh almond and other exotic fruits. Accompanied by rich musk and amber.\"

Both fragrances are also available as a lotion.

HTH

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I just ordered a mini spray version of Angel for Women through Perfume Emporium. The funny thing is that I read throught most of the reviews, and it appears to smell different on everyone and that it\'s different on everyone. I didn\'t want to buy the whole bottle and feel like I wasted money if I didn\'t like it, so I purchased a mini-atomizer size. I can\'t wait to get it! I want to see what people say when they describe that it smells like chocolate!

Phero Dude

Hmmm... that is odd. Like SRH said, PI/w has no scent, and APC has a relatively light scent. I perceive it as a unisex scent, altho I don\'t actually like the way it smells ON me. The coconut smell might be coming from the Hawaiian EOs you mixed in. It\'s entirely possible that he doesn\'t like the smell of the mix with the Plumeria, so try it without it. I don\'t actually cover any of my mixes (unless I am intentionally mixing, say with PCC and a lotion) since neither I or my SO can smell -none. Your guy might be smelling -none but is trying to be tactful about what it smells like, in which case you will have to cover it or wear it in smaller amounts. To see whether or not he can smell -none, get him to sniff the bottle of the APC+PI/w mix and tell you what he smells (you can tell him it\'s a new perfume mix you\'re testing out). If he reacts badly to it alone, then you\'ve got your answer. If not, it could be the scent created by the lotion mixing with the pheros. Good luck, and let us know how it goes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think I figured it out.. when I made the mixture, I placed some of the mixture in an old perfume bottle, which I didn\'t bother to completely empty. It had some peach and strawberry e/o in it.. so combine that with the plumeria, PCC and PI/w.. that must have been overload! He also mentioned that if it smelled like Plumeria, it smelled like rotten Plumeria! ohmigosh! I wonder if I smelled like that, what I smelled like around other people.. i\'m so embarassed! Anyhow, the rest of the mix , I placed in a PCC roll-on tube that had only leftover PCC in it! So.. it must be the leftover peach and strawberry essential oils! I used the PCC roll-on mixture, and he got really silly around me. He\'s actually been more talkative. I\'m just wondering now.. what i should do with the mixture in the perfume bottle.. it\'s about an ounce. Maybe I should throw it out? Anyways, i haven\'t received my Angel yet. I can\'t wait to try it.. I\'ve read reviews on it.. and it does have some mixed reactions.. like you either love it or you don\'t. We\'ll see soon...

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    now.. what i should do with the mixture in the perfume bottle.. it\'s about an ounce. Maybe I should throw it out?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I know just how you feel. I\'m fairly new to the mone-scene myself and am still learning through trial and error. I also have a couple of roll-on bottles of various experimental mixtures that I don\'t know what to do with. I\'m slowly fine-tuning my \"chemist-techniques\" (smile), but I\'m still bumbling along and am stuck with a few mixes that I don\'t know what to do with.....lol. So it will take some trial-and-error runs to \"get it right,\" and I\'M still learning too.

I did learn one thing the hard way........USE SMALLER PORTIONS WHEN FIRST LEARNING TO MIX. I originally followed the instructions on the Love-Scent website and also on the printed paper that came with the products. But when still learning how to mix and use the products, I found those amounts to be too much and too wasteful.......especially for the \"failed attempts.\" I learned to use MUCH MUCH smaller amounts. The PCC bottle works great for me too, because it is small, but I NEVER fill it up all the way and only have tiny tiny amounts in the very bottom of the bottle. It works better (and cheaper) for me that way until I get the \"hang\" of a particular mixture that works for me. But it took me some crazy trial-runs to figure that out, so you\'ll get the hang of it too.

And don\'t be embarrassed about others smelling you. I\'ve had some silly mis-haps where I had too much of the fragrance and my co-workers kept asking me if various of my patients were wearing \"strong colonge!!!\" I was HORRIBLY embarrassed........especially since I work in an Allergy/Asthma office where they don\'t generally ALLOW the employees to wear fragrance and where the patients are strongly REQUESTED to avoid wearing fragrances in the office. That\'s why it was hard for me to find the appropriate \"cover fragrances\" that were light enough to be suitable for my work environment. The only funny thing I\'ve noticed is that the ladies around me sneeze and blow their noses alot........probably from the Copulins and/or the lighter fragrance I\'m wearing that they can\'t detect. They all \"SWEAR\" that it\'s because of \"an early ragweed season,\" and I just let them believe that........LOLOLOL. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Poor dears.

Keep us posted. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

LWQ

Yes, I am definitely going to try to use smaller quantites. I think I got into a \"mad scientist\" mode.. and went overboard. I think that I\'ll keep the mixture in the perfume bottle.. just use less of it. Anyways, I received Angel today. I put a little on.. and my hubby doesn\'t like it! Argh! He says it smells like that stuff that is thrown around at church... incense! In a way.. it sort of does smell like it. So, I told him I\'d put on a little and let it wear off. Now, I really don\'t know what to use.. I feel like I have wasted my $ on something he doesn\'t like. Oh well.. I guess my hubby has quite a different taste. The funny thing is that he likes what I usually wear, Pleasures.. or for the other fragrance.. Realm. Sigh.. So hard to please...

Default Angel + Chocolate essential oil?

Hi, I was wondering.. is there such a thing as Chocolate essential oil? Since Angel does have some Chocolate fragrance, does anyone think it would be overkill to use Angel+ Chocolate essential oil+PCC+PI/w? Just thinking of a different way to use Angel...I think there\'s too much Patchouli in it, which is why my hubby doesn\'t like it. I happen to like it, but would like to \"alter\" the fragrance.

Default Re: Angel + Chocolate essential oil?

If you have a Sephora store by you, you could sample the Demeter \"pick me up\" spray in Brownie.

BassQT-

Here ya go...check this out.

Push my button

HTH

If you have a Sephora store by you, you could sample the Demeter \"pick me up\" spray in Brownie.

Yeah, that is a good one!

Holmes

Thanks! I ordered the Brownie from Sephora. But the other one, the Chocolate Fragrance Oil, is that for use on the skin? Or is that like for lamps, to add fragrance to a heating ring? I also purchased the Angel lotion (Like it a lot), because it\'s supposed to be lighter in scent. The lady at Nordstroms said it was one of their top 5 selling fragrances. What a surprise, I didnt\' know that! Anyways, I can\'t wait to try the Brownie +Angel +pheros.

While I\'ve never applied any of their products directly on the skin, I\'v done so w/ other fragrance oils w/out any problems. The \"white musk\" that I use in making my colognes is technically a frangrance oil. Sometimes I just apply that if it suits my mood.

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there for you...do w/ it what you will. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think that DrSmellThis and SRH are much more knowledgable about essential oils and fragrance oils. Perhaps one of them could provide a better answer to your question.

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

BassQT-

Here ya go...check this out.

Push my button

HTH

Thanks for the link Sag, are they good? Think I´ll be putting in an order myself.

CJ-

Haven\'t tried their stuff yet. I added the link to my favorites list back when I was researching EOs and kinda forgot about it...I was thinking of getting some of the \"pumpkin pie\" fragrance oil because of a post by SRH awhile back. When BassQT was asking about chocolate fragrance oil, I thought I\'d revisit their web site since I remembered them having some unusual fragrances.

So I can\'t attest to the quality, but I think IIRC that SRH may have recommended them in the past. Don\'t hold me to that though...my seive can be like a mind sometimes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Well guys, guess what.. today I used Angel with PCC + PI/w, and I got many compliments! A student of mine said I smelled like candy. Hmm.. So I guess the afterscent is coming through, huh? Another of my co-workers said.. \"MMMMMMM.. What\'s that? You smell gooood...\" Anyhow.. maybe I don\'t need the chocolate afterall. I ordered some of the Brownie, so I\'ll see how that works with it. I\'m pretty excited! I don\'t think this was really a hit, though. Maybe Angel just smelled good.

Default Angel + Demeter Brownie

Angel + Demeter\'s Pick me up spray in Brownie smells really really good. The Brownie alone smells nice as well! I think it balances the patchouli in the Angel.

Stranger

How much PI/w did you use and how much PCC?

I used about 2 dabs of PI/w and a couple of 6 inch stripes of PCC. At this point, I don\'t know whether I should just mix Brownie + Angel together, since I have a refillable bottle. The thing I don\'t know, is if I were to mix PI/w +PCC in it, is how much.

Default Re: Angel + Demeter Brownie

I am so glad it worked. That whole line of Demeter pick me up\'s is so much fun. Some of the scents blow my mind. Why would anyone want to smell like a Laundromat, dirt, a tomato, or a funeral parlor. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I have heard that the honey smells just like sex. I have looked for it in a beauty supply store that carry\'s them, but they never have Honey. Neither does Sephora. You can read some of the reviews for their different scents at www.makeupalley.com

Banned User

I have heard that the honey smells just like sex. I have looked for it in a beauty supply store that carry\'s them, but they never have Honey. Neither does Sephora. You can read some of the reviews for their different scents

Elana,

Have you asked the beauty supply store, if they carry the honey scent? If they don\'t, maybe they could order it for you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Brian

I want to smell it before I place an order for it.

I am so glad it worked. That whole line of Demeter pick me up\'s is so much fun. Some of the scents blow my mind. Why would anyone want to smell like a Laundromat, dirt, a tomato, or a funeral parlor. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

LOL. Someone I know has the Dirt one and it smells really nice, actually. I have the Laundromat and it\'s great with the Lime, Sugar Cane, or Sweet Orange. Oh...and the Honey is worth checking out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] www.demeteronline.com should have it in stock.

Holmes

Thread Information