Close

Default Brut cologne as cover

visit-red-300x50PNG
    everyone knows wthe smell of it, and everyone knows it is cheap. but it smells so good with AE. Should I avoid brut so i don;t come off a guy with some cheap CVS cologne?

Default Re: Brut cologne as cover

What´s a CVS cologne? Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that my wife and most of her friends don´t really like Brut, too much of a strong smell (her words). I tried Brut but noone seemed to like it much so I switched to Obsession for men and the wife loves it(as well as many of her friends). It´s a subtle yet intoxicating smell (her words again) that makes women want to take a big whiff (if ya know what I mean?) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    That´s my suggestion, but to each his own. Your results might vary from mine.

Kevin

Phero Enthusiast

I suggest you Very Sexy for him By Victoria\'s Secrets or 212 By Carolina Herrera. By using those two I had many compliments from both females and males... aftewards my best friend went yesterday to buy the Very Sexy, and one of my cousins as well bought the 212... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

212 is a very special case. I\'ve never seen a cologne before that seems to work for every type on every skin. I don\'t think you can go wrong with this one, as long as you like the scent of cause.

Phero Dude

I\'d advise against using Brut - gives you a low-grade kind of aura and lady friends I\'ve asked have said what was said
    in one of the earlier posts - it\'s too strong/too musky and they don\'t like it.

Well, after what proteus said, I may regret posting this, but I\'ll do it anyway.

Brut is cheap, but it\'s also one of those things lots of our dads or grandads wore. Strangely enough I sat for an hour yesterday behind an older man wearing what I instantly recognized as Brut, and I didn\'t find it overpowering or cheap-smelling. In fact, I liked it, and I admit to not paying attention to what I was supposed to be doing, and spent most of that hour thinking how good he smelled, since I haven\'t smelled Brut in a while. It reminds me of good things, and I decided I was going to have to sit behind him again if I can.

So as I said, Brut is cheap. Therefore you won\'t be out anything if you buy a bottle and try it out a few places. If you think it\'ll make you smell cheap, then wear it somewhere you don\'t normally go. But I don\'t think it smells bad at all.

I find Obsession for men, otoh, too sweet and smells like a guy is wearing women\'s perfume. I think it can be like Polo, and was just too over-done in high school for most of us.

My two cents.

i really like brut when it is not but on heavily.

and you should smell it with ae.

but it seems like most people know what brut smells like, and it seems really unoriginal.

i\'m not sure though if women hate it so much why it has been around forwever, and is in CVS for godsake. someone must be buying it, i guess just old dudes. You would think though that means women like it, but maybe men like the smell and women don\'t, but they think it smells good so they think women do to.

All i know is these aqua di gio\'s le ma\\le, and all that stuff just don\'t smell that great to me. they smell wierd and to complicated to know what to think.

burt\'s bee\'s sandlewood soap smells incredible. i wish they had something liek that. sandlewood EO doesn\'t smell like it.

I know something you might like. Go to Bath&BodyWorks and look for their Sandalwood and Rose aromatherapy stuff. It doesn\'t smell just like sandalwood or rose. And it\'s not just for women. I\'ve worn it lately, and the comments I\'ve gotten from women are that it smells good--kinda like something their grandads used to wear. The guys have just grabbed me and started sniffing, and they think it smells like heaven. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So it\'s a bit of a unisex scent, with the different genders smelling different things in it.

But fwiw, I like the smell of Brut. And there are a lot of guys who buy it. That\'s why it ended up in CVS. Acqua diGio, Cool Water, etc will eventually find their ways there too.

Sandalwood and Rose aromatherapy stuff>>>>

Thanks. but is this like an oil that people use to diffuse oils into the air?

or is it some lotion type.

i am guessing it comes in one of those like 10ml or 5ml glass botles.

And you think it smells really good? I like the smell of rose oil.

Defintely try the sandlewood soap Bee and Flower Company

It is available at all the health food stores in ny, but i don\'t know how many health food stores they have around you. but if they have some, it should be there. You will love it when the steam of the shower spreads the scent. It smells sooooo nice (not like sandlewood EO), trust me .

Thanks!

There are EO\'s for the diffuser available there (in jojoba oil), but what I\'m talking about are the lotions, massage oils, body sprays, etc in the SandalwoodandRose scent. If you happen to be walking by a B&BW anytime soon, just go in, put some of the smoothing lotion on your hands (it\'s a gel), and then walk out of the store to smell it, and see if you like it. The body spray (can\'t remember what they call it) smells exactly the same to me once the alcohol quickly evaporates.

It doesn\'t smell just like rose, or like sandalwood. I can\'t pick either one out distinctly, actually. I think there is also a bit of Patchouli and Frankincensce, but they aren\'t the major scents.

And fwiw, I also like the smell of Sandalwood EO. This doesn\'t smell like it though.

seems like i\'ll have to try and find somethgign with a lasting scent.

i wonder if the massage oil would make my neck to shiny [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]!

Brut---gawd, I haven\'t worn that since the \'60\'s.

If you have a Crabtree & Evelyn near you they have a Mysor Sandlewood spray that is really good. I usually wear it late Fall, Winter, early Spring--eg. cool or cold weather.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

As far as dime-store colognes, Brut isn\'t bad by comparison. The smell is pleasant.

Thread Information