Close

Default Suggestions for spiking aftershave with NPA?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi folks,

I saw that the pheromone cookbook suggests using a 4:1 or 5:1 ratio when mixing cologne and NPA. But what about mixing aftershave and NPA? I\'ve done searches and haven\'t seen any actual ratios suggested.

Obviously it has to be more diluted, since aftershave is splashed on in more generous amounts. I was thinking of somewhere between 10:1 and 20:1.

Does that sound sensible? I use a pretty \"dark,\" strong, lasting aftershave, one that masks TE pretty well, so I\'m not too worried about the scent fading and leaving me with the NPA smell, as long as I start with a good enough ratio to begin with. Also, I plan on using this mostly at nightclubs.

Default Re: Suggestions for spiking aftershave with NPA?

I wouldn\'t think you have to go as far as 20:1, but 10:1 isn\'t a silly dilution. It depends how much aftershave you like putting on.

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

A strong dilution to begin with perhaps and if it´s too weak for you you can always add more. Try to work out how much NPA works for you and then how much aftershave you apply. Once you know these two things, you can work out the best dilution ratio. Am I making sense here?

I´m trying something similar myself. EW spray and NPA. I´ve only tried it once yesterday but didn´t have much contact with others. I´ve added 2 drops NPA to a strong EW spray. If nothing happens I will just add more NPA or more EW.
    CJ [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Quorum,

I\'ve suggested ratios of 8:1 and above, aftershave to NPA in the past, as in this thread from the archives:

http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=7221&a mp;Forum=All_Forums&Words=aftershave%20oscar&a mp;Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old =allposts&Main=7179&Search=true#Post7221

On the same thread I had a post that addressed \"Per Use\" mixing of aftershave and NPA by mixing in one\'s hand:

http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=7225&a mp;Forum=All_Forums&Words=aftershave%20oscar&a mp;Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old =allposts&Main=7179&Search=true#Post7225

As well as more recently here:

http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=87610& amp;Forum=All_Forums&Words=aftershave%20oscar& amp;Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Ol d=allposts&Main=87597&Search=true#Post8761 0

There are hundreds of posts in which aftershave is mentioned, and these are just a few of mine.

I think a problem with unsucessful searches is the format of the search page. You need to make sure you click the right options to get the best results.

To do the most comprehensive search of the forums:

In the \"Forum or Category to Search\" box, scroll to the top and find the \"All Forums\" option.*

In the \"Words to Search for\" block, enter the appropriate word(s). In this case enter \"aftershave\" and \"NPA\", or \"aftershave\", \"NPA\", and \"dilut\" (minus the quotation marks). This will get you results that use the words dilution, diluting, and diluted.

In the \"Search Options\" block, enter either \"Entire Phrase\", or \"And\", or \"Or\". In this case \"And\" would be the appropriate entry. Or, if you knew who posted something that you\'re looking for, you can use the \"Display Name\" option.

In the \"Date Range\" block, scroll down to \"All Posts\" when you are doing a general search.* This will give you everything ever posted on the available forums that is relevant to your search.

*The \"All Forums\" option at the top, and the \"All Posts\" option at the bottom are the keys to getting the most results. But your choice of words or word roots in the \"Words to Search for\" block, and your choice of \"Search Options\" will help you zero in on the information you seek without having to wade through a lot of irrelevant information.

10:1, aftershave to NPA sounds like a good ratio to use assuming you\'re going to be splashing on between 5 and 10 drops of the finished mix. But the success of this ratio is dependent on the strength of the aftershave\'s fragrance as well as its lasting power. If it\'s a particularly light smelling aftershave, or one whose scent doesn\'t last, you may want to go higher since you\'ll need more of the fragrance to keep the pheros covered. Since you say you\'re using a strong, long lasting one, the 8:1 ratio may be closer to what you need.

Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thread Information