Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Stranger

Default Ready to give up...

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Ok - I\'ve tried everything from 1 dab of TE and TEs to 4 sprays. I\'ve been in \"target rich\" environments and noticed nothing resembling a hit. I\'ve dressed appropriately for all occasions and been my usual pleasant, smiling and open self. Some threads I\'ve read indicate younger guys need less mones. I\'m an Asian male, 49 years old, height and weight proportionate and in good health.

I\'m ready to give this mones stuff one last shot. So, what (can\'t miss) product(s)would you all recommend?

Thanks

Default Re: Ready to give up...

It may just be that it sometimes takes a while for them to work. Quite a few folks here have talked about this. Or it may be that you just haven\'t hit upon your magic product/combo yet...either case, I wouldn\'t give up just yet.

Have you tried AE/m?

What were the demographics of these \"target-rich\" environments (age ranges, ethnicities, etc.)?

Other people here would be far more qualified than I to recommend (so someone else please chime in!), but...just my 2 cents.

Holmes

Phero Pharaoh

There is no silver bullet. Persistence is the name of the game. You have to do your part as well - you can\'t expect mones to do all of the work for you. Four sprays is way too much FYI.

What kind of women are you targeting? TE stand-alone is better for social gathering/club settings.

Krish

A couple thoughts. How high a dosage are you using? Are you ODing, even slightly? It seems very easy for us middle aged people to OD. I\'ve also noticed that while I am 46, the majority of hits come from the twenty something crowd and I wonder about the sensitivity and susceptability of our age group. Or could it be that they are better at concealing it? Maybe the signs are there and we are just missing them because they are just too subtle?

I do not do the bar/club scene but meet a wide variety of women in my daily work. Try other venues yourself, see if you get different reactions in other places. One thing to remember is don\'t try to use a shotgun. Try one mone or combo at a time for a week or two before switching to another and keep track of what you are using. Otherwise you will never know what does work.

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    A couple thoughts. How high a dosage are you using? Are you ODing, even slightly? It seems very easy for us middle aged people to OD. I\'ve also noticed that while I am 46, the majority of hits come from the twenty something crowd and I wonder about the sensitivity and susceptability of our age group. Or could it be that they are better at concealing it? Maybe the signs are there and we are just missing them because they are just too subtle?

I do not do the bar/club scene but meet a wide variety of women in my daily work. Try other venues yourself, see if you get different reactions in other places. One thing to remember is don\'t try to use a shotgun. Try one mone or combo at a time for a week or two before switching to another and keep track of what you are using. Otherwise you will never know what does work.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Could it be this. Older babes like yonger men and yonger babes like older men ??
    I did noticed this. Atleast with the age group.
    I always get hits from older babes, but when it comes to my own age group, they are noware to be found. Or atleast they conseal it very well, that it\'s practicaly noway you can see it, unless it hits you in the face [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

DZorro,

DZorro:

By older, what age group are you referring too?

DZorro:

By older, what age group are you referring too?

above 40+ i\'m still looking for my own age group. but it is hard to find any signs from them, but i do get lot\'s of signs from older woman, so i know the mones do work. i\'m looking for girls 20+ to 26 years, it\'s near my own age group.

DZorro,

That\'s interesting. Anybody have similar experiences or thoughts on the reasons? Is DZorro right that it is a preference thing?

Stranger

Thanks to all that replied. As I said I\'ve tried as little as a dab up to 4 sprays. Mostly I\'ve placed a dab on the back collar and on both wrists, covered with a mild body spray. My target rich environments have been varied: one was a group hundreds of 40-55 yr olds(I\'m 48), a couple of weddings (mostly younger women), several airport terminals, planes, various restaurants, stores in LA, and in SF (lots of Asians). I\'ve also been in familiar environs where people know and like me, there\'s always a few hugs etc, but still nothing out of the usual. I\'m not an alpha type, so would a none intensive product work for me?

Thanks again - I really appreciate it.

Try getting a nice cologne, a good cover scent is essential for getting initial attention.

I usually apply dabs around my neck, chin or jaw line, so you could try that aswell. Oh, and I second that recommendation for AE.

What the Cpt. said. Why not give AE a shot...

Holmes

Interesting, Bel and Dzorro.

Anybody have similar experiences or thoughts on the reasons? Is DZorro right that it is a preference thing?

When I was using PI/m and SOE gel packs about a year-and-a-half ago, I consistently got very clear hits from women 10 or so years older than me, some response (though different in nature and far less predictable) from those maybe 10 or more years younger, but little to speak of in my own age range... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Do with that what you will...

Holmes

Belgareth this is another fine example that yonger girls like older men better then their own age group. I was surfing on the internet and came to a side called http://bride.ru/ when i was looking their alot of girls of my age about 24 to 26 where all asking for men from 35 to 50 years of age. Why is that ???? that sucks, atleast for me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] cause i don\'t wan\'t to settle with girls far above my age.

DZorro,

Belgareth this is another fine example that yonger girls like older men better then their own age group. I was surfing on the internet and came to a side called http://bride.ru/ when i was looking their alot of girls of my age about 24 to 26 where all asking for men from 35 to 50 years of age. Why is that ???? that sucks, atleast for me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] cause i don\'t wan\'t to settle with girls far above my age.

DZorro,

Oh, but getting older has to have something good doing for it. Yummy, sweet young things! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Stranger

Thanks Capt K and everyone else who chimed in. I took your advice and just picked up some Acqua de Gio. I\'ll order the AE as well. Any comments on the combo? Any other colognes that you guys would recommend for mone or non-mone usage? I was married for years and used nothing but after shave for any scent, but now that I\'m back on the market I\'d appreciate any and all help.

p.s. - it was hinted that I may have been ODing, but does that not result in the DIHL?

Glad to see that you\'re sticking with it, Rekrul.

As for colognes: Gio is indeed a great choice. Comme Des Garcons 2 covers very nicely--very distinctive, sexy fragrance, too. Creed\'s Green Irish Tweed also covers well (though some people don\'t care for it...).

Everyone here raves about the Amouage fragrances--and for very good reason. Why not order some samples and see how you like \'em? They\'re all nice but Ciel and Dia are killer.

My fave new cologne (by far) is Clean For Men. Not sure how well it covers yet, though...

Oh, and OD\'ing doesn\'t always bring DIHLs. Sometimes the result is simply avoidence.

Holmes

Banned User

Could it be this. Older babes like yonger men and yonger babes like older men ??
    I did noticed this. Atleast with the age group.
    I always get hits from older babes, but when it comes to my own age group, they are noware to be found. Or atleast they conseal it very well, that it\'s practicaly noway you can see it, unless it hits you in the face

I think it\'s more that older women are not as self conscious as younger women are. Because 40+ women have been there, done that, and are more apt to let you know what they want. Where as younger women, are not as experienced, therefore, more insecure. The same goes for older men. Older people are just more obvious, because of the reasons stated above. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Brian

Brian:

That does not explain why middle aged men get more hits from younger women. Consider that attraction is not at the concious level but at the subconcious instead. An older woman wanting a young buck who is more likely to be able to produce offspring thereby providing greater security. Or a young woman being attracted to the older male who is more likely to have a greater level of security and be better able to feed and shelter any offspring.

I don\'t believe it is actually either one completely but a combination of your theory, the one stated above and other factors that we aren\'t aware of yet.

I think it\'s more that older women are not as self conscious as younger women are. Because 40+ women have been there, done that, and are more apt to let you know what they want. Where as younger women, are not as experienced, therefore, more insecure. The same goes for older men. Older people are just more obvious, because of the reasons stated above. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Brian

I do find that female my age, with a bit of alcohol opens them up abit more, but in everyday life it is far diffrent. like you don\'t get very clear signs that their really interested. But when an older men comes in they show the signs almost immidiatly. Atleast that was from my own ubservation. Since i travel alot by train, and place is crawded with female, but the signs are always diffrent depending on the application i\'m wearing at that time, and the time of day also play an important role in this.

DZorro,

Banned User

DZorro,

As Belgareth stated above, they probably figure that an older guy is more financially secure and can show them a better time. If their just out to have a good time, an older guy would be more appealing. I question if they were looking to get serious with someone, whether they would be more interested in an older guy? In my opinion, I think they
    would be more interested in a guy their own age. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I question if they were looking to get serious with someone, whether they would be more interested in an older guy? In my opinion, I think they
    would be more interested in a guy their own age. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yes, that makes sense.

Holmes

Could it be that there is something about the mannerisms and outlook of a secure and self confident, mature male that young women like? A father figure? I have seen a lot of evidence on this forum and in my daily activities that older man and younger ones have far different ways of dealing with women. Generally speaking, we are more sure of ourselves and behave in a more gentlemanly (not the right word but close) manner yet are much more willing to tell any woman to go away if we don\'t like her attitude. At the same time, we are more likely to be attentive and listen to them rather than focusing solely on getting laid.

i think it is just that older men are better at hiding that they want to get laid. i think women appreciate that part of it.

i don\'t think it has much to do with mannerism\'s. My experience is that most older guys that i work with are basically no different than younger guys. There\'s a lot of high school boy still left in them, and i still think that translates through their body language.

but maybe i am wrong. also, it doesn\';t matter the reality, it only matters what women think the reality should be. Their perceptions, flawed or not, obviously is all that matters, and their are a lot of attributes associated with age that can be attached to people who do not have them.

DZorro,

As Belgareth stated above, they probably figure that an older guy is more financially secure and can show them a better time. If their just out to have a good time, an older guy would be more appealing. I question if they were looking to get serious with someone, whether they would be more interested in an older guy? In my opinion, I think they

Well if they are more interested in a guy their own age , they sure have good way of hiding it. Well atleast i can\'t figure it out even it would hit me in the face. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

DZorro,

They idea that older man hide that they want to get laid or that any woman with any sense at all would believe it or that it would get him anywhere close to sex, is silly. If I am talking with and friendly to a woman, she is at least partially considering whether or not I\'d make a good partner, same as I am with her. To pretend otherwise would be a complete waste of time and completely unbelieveable. I think women appreciate being treated as if what they say matters and most appreciate the basic courtesies I rarely see in many younger guys. Read some of the posts by young guys on this forum. Most have no clue how to treat a woman in a sincere and respectful manner. Oftentimes they call it being a wimp. I believe if they would learn to behave in a more courtly manner and treat everybody in a more dignified way, they\'d have more and better relationships. That does not mean you need to play the \"Yes dear\" routine, very few women actually like a man who cannot or will not stand up for himself. Most women in my experience appreciate a man who is independent enough that they cannot be led around by his nose (or penis, as the case may be [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

I don\'t know the older guys you know but will admit that many have yet to grow up. They are not who I am referring to.

It does not matter one whit what the woman thinks reality should be. All that matters is your reality. You are still of the mind set that a woman makes all the decisions and you have to play their game. That\'s pure bull! Ask any woman on this forum which would be more appealing all other things being equal, a man who is playing the game or one who is self confident and assured but treats them well. Any smart man is willing and able to walk away from any woman who wants to play games and it shows in his demeanor.

But i must state that with older woman, i don\'t have this problem at all, it just consist from my own age group that i seem to have this problem, i try looking at everything from facial expresion to bodylanguage, but can\'t find any signs of interst at all. they are very keen in hinding it.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

DZorro,

if it is so silly, how come younger women have told me they like older guys because older guys hide their desire to get in their pants????

I\'ll take it from the source.

if it is so silly, how come younger women have told me they like older guys because older guys hide their desire to get in their pants????

Yes, but it is also the yonger woman that hides their feelings really well, and can\'t find any interest from there bodylanguage either. But when i go to the disco\'s or where female had abit of drink i don\'t seem to have this problem at all.

DZorro,

We behave differently, we do not hide it. Just because our tongues aren\'t hanging out and drool isn\'t running down our shirts while we try to get a look down their top does not mean we are uninterested. On the other hand, there are a lot of very nice looking young women I would have no interest in for many reasons. I am old enough that getting laid is not the priority it was, it is a part of the relationship but not the whole reason for it. That young women who have much the same drives as young men are unable to understand that is easy enough to figure out. If they think a single, middle aged guy with normal drives who is taking them places and spending money on them would not like to get into their pants, they are badly mistaken. Most of us are just waiting to get old so we can be dirty old men.

I have been told by more than one young woman that she enjoyed my company over guys her own age because I knew how to treat her. In more than one case, it was pillow talk. She knew very well what I was after.

[quote

We behave differently, we do not hide it. Just because our tongues aren\'t hanging out and drool isn\'t running down our shirts while we try to get a look down their top does not mean we are uninterested. On the other hand, there are a lot of very nice looking young women I would have no interest in for many reasons. I am old enough that getting laid is not the priority it was, it is a part of the relationship but not the whole reason for it. That young women who have much the same drives as young men are unable to understand that is easy enough to figure out. If they think a single, middle aged guy with normal drives who is taking them places and spending money on them would not like to get into their pants, they are badly mistaken. Most of us are just waiting to get old so we can be dirty old men.

I have been told by more than one young woman that she enjoyed my company over guys her own age because I knew how to treat her. In more than one case, it was pillow talk. She knew very well what I was after.

Great point belgerath, i can\'t wait either to become a dirty old men [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

DZorro,

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information