Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default Biorhythms, Compatibility, and...Mones

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Okay folks, does anyone here believe in this stuff...the concept that certain people will be more universally compatible with others (on deeper levels) because of their personal biorhythms--as based on (or dictated by) their birthdates? And, further, that certain people (again based on the biorhythm/birthdate thing) can never hope to be compatible on a deeper level?

I know embarrassingly little about this topic, but a friend of mine just had to send me this link--www.celebmatch.com--for fun. So far my best matches came up as freaking Ice Cube, Meat Loaf, and Englebert Humperdink. Gah! (Should I ask \'em out for coffee? And what mones should I wear for the occasion? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])

Could pheros help in an otherwise \"biorhythmically incompatible\" encounter, or are biorhythms just too strong a determining force? Or is it all a bunch of bull$hit in the first place?

I never really even thought about this subject [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] until I got this link. It\'s supposed to be light-hearted fun, but it actually got me thinking...

Any thoughts from you guys would be appreciated!

Holmes

Default Re: Biorhythms, Compatibility, and...Mones

So it\'s basically astrology? Well, in my weaker moments I believe in it, but so often it\'s wrong that I\'m beginning to think the times that it\'s right are coincidental. Besides, if it\'s right, I\'m perfect for every guy born on such-and-such date as a really good friend of mine.
    OTOH, astrology told me my ex-boyfriend was the wrong sign to date and we should just be friends. It turned out to be very true in the end. Coincidence? I dunno. Take it with a grain of salt.

I know a girl who\'s gonna be really jealous though. She just LOVES Englebert Humperdink. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    I know a girl who\'s gonna be really jealous though. She just LOVES Englebert Humperdink. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

LOL. I must say that it was really the other two \"matches\" which were most disturbing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (And I didn\'t even mention my 95% compatibility rating with Ozzy Osbourne! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) Gee, I wonder how hoppin\' a pair I\'d make with Ernest Borgnine...? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

No, but you\'re right, SRH. Astrology has been inaccurate far too frequently for it to have much credibility (in my book.) Somehow--at first--I was thinking that this was slightly different (i.e. possibly more scientifically based?) But it probably ain\'t. \'Least I hope not.

It was strange, though, how major an influence the year (rather than just the month/day) was on one\'s compatibility factor. I entered in the year ahead and the year behind my own and, in both cases, the results were dramatically different--far more...er...encouraging. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Ozzy Osbourne! Ugh.

Holmes

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

Okay I just had a go at this and i have a question: Who T F is jordan knight??? I got 100% with this guy - [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

and I got 99% with the women [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] and I don´t know who half of these are either. This stuff hasn´t really got much to do with astrology either, it´s just one of those things you do for a laugh. And it `works´ only if you live in the US I´m sure [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Well it´s a laugh anyway. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

lucky you, jordan knight was the led singer of new kids on the block. COngrats!!! Millions of 11-year old american girls in 1990 would have killed to be in your place.

BTW, I got Giselle. Haha! And some other sports illustared model. Now i have a good pickup line if i ever see either of them.

Ha. Yeah, my male matches were pretty horrific (Adrien Brody and Harry Connick, Jr aside), but things were slighty better on the female side. I matched 100% with Cameron Diaz, Michelle Branch, and...I think Gwen Stefani. Virtually no compatibility with Pink (gee, that\'s a shame [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). Very low with Britney Spears but very high with Christina Aguillera...go figure. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Holmes

Jordan Knight! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And it `works´ only if you live in the US I´m sure [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, a lot of my high % matches were these Dutch actresses/models/whatever that I ain\'t never heard of. What up with that?

And who the hell (forgive my ignorance) is Kerry Hoskins?

Holmes

Sadhu

Jordan Knight - New kids on the block? christ that´s what I feared but I was hoping it was someone else. Besides, none of them still count as celebrity do they? Well not this side of the atlantic anyway, mind you, he could be a really nice guy - just a crap group [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    BTw I can´t get the `browse for a match´ thing to work. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I got Marilu Henner and Tanya Roberts!! (yummmm) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Sadhu

Who? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I got Kobe Bryant, Robbie Williams, Brandon Boyd, Jason David Frank, and Noah Bastian. I know the first two, but have no clue who the others are.
    For women I got best matches Merrin Dungey, Amanda Schull, Jennifer Paige, Fernanda Tavares, and Vicki Zhao. I only know Jennifer Paige.

Ooh! Ooh! Lucy Liu, 97%. That\'s two Angels... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Holmes

I got Kobe Bryant, Robbie Williams, Brandon Boyd, Jason David Frank, and Noah Bastian. I know the first two, but have no clue who the others are.
    For women I got best matches Merrin Dungey, Amanda Schull, Jennifer Paige, Fernanda Tavares, and Vicki Zhao. I only know Jennifer Paige.

I got a high rating for Vicky Zhao as well. Who the hell is that?

Holmes

Sadhu

What are these best matches for anyway? - mates, drinking buddies, sex...what?

As for Female is concern mine where interresting too :

Female
    Anastacia 99%
    Kellie Martin 98%
    Natalia Sokolova 97%
    Brunhilde Verhenne 97%
    Victoria Silvstedt 97

But for male i wasn\'t really interrested Most of them are on known too me:

Giuseppe Andrews 98%
    Evgeny Plushenko 98%
    Jimmy Fallon 97%
    Fred Durst 96%
    Alex Greenwald 95%

DZorro,

Sadhu

I do wonder just how good or bad these matches would be with some mones involved [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Yeah, see, that thought was what prompted my original question. Let\'s say for a moment that this stuff actually did have some validity and your compatibilty with a particular person is supposed to be very low. Would mones help improve the odds of sustaining a long-term relationship, or would the lack of compatibility surface later anyway, after all of the intial superficial attraction has \"worn off\" (for lack of a better term)?

Holmes

I would consider it to be in the same context as the usual mating game. Some girl may consider you really hot to look at, but she\'s not gonna want to date you if your personalities don\'t match up. Same with -mones. Even if she thinks you\'re great at first when you\'re wearing them, if you can\'t back it up with something that lasts more than the time to look you over, she won\'t want you anyway.

Sadhu

yep I agree. Most of us just have our standards and needs, not just in terms of initial attraction. Essentialy we all require more than that in any relationship - sexual or platonic.

Sadhu

BTw I can´t get the `browse for a match´ thing to work.

still not working, anyone have better luck?

BTw I can´t get the `browse for a match´ thing to work.

still not working, anyone have better luck?

Damn, it\'s not working? Hmmm. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Seems to work here.

Anyway, definitely agree with what you guys were saying. Guess it is in line with the travails of the usual mating game, the difference there being that you would presumably be free to influence the longevity of relationship by simply being a worthwhile mate, whereas this thing dictates that there\'s some immutable cosmic \"force\" which sets the groundwork for all of your future encounters. WTF is this, anyway...\"Star Wars?\" (By the way...James Earl Jones and I? Not compatible... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

Holmes

Sadhu

It´s working for you? Not for me? My god a cosmic force is preventing my browser from getting on with this website [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Honestly though, all I get on the result page on this particular section is this empty space where the image is but it´s not showing anything [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

It´s working for you? Not for me? My god a cosmic force is preventing my browser from getting on with this website [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Might be a disturbance in the Force or, perhaps, just a temporary glitch. Not sure what could be up. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] That sucks.

Holmes

Sadhu

Yep, at least I want to check my compi with those names that DO ring a bell [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I was matched w/ Linda Lampenuis (99%), Embeth Davitz (98%), Lee Ann Womack (98%), Sarah McLachlan (98%) and Lisa Nicole Carson (98%). The only one I\'m familiar w/ is Sarah McLachlan. I checked out the links for the others. I\'d love to test that 99% compatibility w/ Linda Lampenius. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

OK, just checked the male matches...what the hell, huh.

David Spade 99%
    John Leguizamo 99%
    Edward Burns 99%
    Billy Wirth 98%
    Sean Michaels 97%

David Spade! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Hell, that\'s better than Mr. Loaf...

I\'d love to test that 99% compatibility w/ Linda Lampenius. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

No kidding! Whoa... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Holmes

Yea...I\'m a bit ashamed of myself for not having a clue who she was. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Damn, she\'s hot! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Guess I\'ll have to start looking for PBoy back issues from \'98. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sadhu

I´ve never heard of her, who is she?

What are these best matches for anyway? - mates, drinking buddies, sex...what?

LOL. I don\'t know...for some of my matches, I pray that the answer is \"drinking buddies.\" (In some of the cases, even that would be a frightening prospect.) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Holmes

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information