Close

Default More Questions about Mixing various products.....?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I\'ve been tediously reading all of the VERY helpful information about the products, the mixes, the solutions, etc. But sometimes it gets confusing and mind-boggling. (A little like studying for a sexually-oriented chemistry exam.....lol) Anyway, I am still learning and experimenting with these products and have just placed another order and wondered if it would be ok to just ask some simple mixing/usage questions here on the forum?? I would appreciate any suggestions, thoughts, or ideas you can share.

I just ordered the EW and was thoroughly frightened from using it after all the comments and warnings about the \"odor.\" But I am going to try it VERY CAREFULLY and experiment with it. I read the cookbook with lots of helpful suggestions, but still have a few questions of my own.

I don\'t like heavy perfumes or fragrances, and wondered if EW was safe to use with the EO\'s from Love-Scent? For example: Would it be \"safe\" to make a mixture ONLY from one of the EO\'s and start with just ONE drop of the EW into the mixture? Would the EO be a sufficient \"cover-scent\" for the EW??

Also, I like to wear lightly-scented body sprays (I usually purchase them cheaply at Wal-Mart, etc.) Would it be safe to add ONE or TWO drops of EW into the smaller (purse-sized) bottles of the various body sprays?? And do you think that would be a sufficient for a \"cover-scent\" to disguise the EW ??

I also just ordered the NPA/w and THEN read later on that it can have a strong smell as well. The same questions listed above would apply to this product as well. Would my mixing ideas (listed above) be sufficient to use with this product as well?? (Numbers of drops per amount or per ounce would also be helpful. The ratio numbers and \"gms\" and \"mgs\" get me all confused.....lol.)

I\'ve also been reading alot of comments about the APC and wondered about that product? Is the fragrance very \"strong\" and/or \"heavy?\" (Remember that I don\'t like strong, overpowering fragrances and can\'t wear them at work either.) I also read on the Love-Scent site that the APC product is excellent to use with the NPA (which I just ordered). Do any of you have testimonies from that particular mixture and can you share your recipes for a \"slow-learner\" like me? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I\'m sure I will have more questions later, but I\'ll stop for now. Thank you for all your patience and helpful information as I continue to learn.

LWQ

Default Re: More Questions about Mixing various products.....?

You may have been reading about the old EW, it was a beta version of the current released product, and at 100 times as strong it stank. I dont know much about the new product (dont have it), but i doubt it smells as bad.

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

This new EW will still reak, there won´t be that much difference I´m sure [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Well, since the cookbook says a good mix of EW is 1 drop old EW in 400ml water/lotion/etc, then you might go with a dilution of 1 drop of the new EW in 4ml of water/lotion, etc.

I\'ve added 1 drop old EW to the larger bottle of B&BW lotions, shook VERY well, and still couldn\'t smell it when I put it on. That was about the same 1:400 ratio.

Fiddle around with your different lotions/body sprays, etc and see what gives you the best results.

Journeyman

Default Re: More Questions about Mixing various products..

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    (Numbers of drops per amount or per ounce would also be helpful. The ratio numbers and \"gms\" and \"mgs\" get me all confused.....lol.)

I\'ve also been reading alot of comments about the APC and wondered about that product? Is the fragrance very \"strong\" and/or \"heavy?\"

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I suck at anything related to math. And I\'m asian! (There goes that stereotype! Of course, I was raised in the U.S....hmm...that might be saying something about the U.S. education system...but I digress...) You\'re not the only one that gets confused with all the measurement amounts, ratios and such in various mixtures! I did recently buy a calibrated eyedropper and have used the measurements on it to form some kind of basis for my mixes.

Speaking of which, thus far I\'ve only tried a few attempts at JB1 mix via roll-on. The smell of APC is kinda strong and as was mentioned before on this forum, it smells a bit like laundry detergent, to me at least. Though not particularly unpleasant, it may be too strong for some people.

Ok, there are about 13.5 liquid oz in 400ml, if that helps. 4ml is about 0.15 oz. So you would put about 1 drop of the new EW for every 0.15 oz of lotion you\'re using.

Hmmmm...That sounds a bit much though. I\'m sure someone will correct me if I\'m wrong. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

For more help, try:

http://www.onlineconversion.com

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    (There goes that stereotype! Of course, I was raised in the U.S....hmm...that might be saying something about the U.S. education system...but I digress...)

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Holmes

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

I´ve found diluting EW very easy personally the thing to do is dilute it until you can barely smell it, simple. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thread Information