Close

Phero Pro

Default LA Swing Camp Year 2

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi Everyone,

Here I am posting on the forum . . . only hours from my 4:15 am check-in time at the airport. For all of you newbs out there, it was one year ago when I posted my adventures in LA at a major swing camp called Camp Hollywood. For those that haven\'t read it here it is: http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=22763& amp;page=93&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&am p;fpart= .

I can\'t believe that it has been one year. Things have gotten pretty interesting since then. Remember Emma? The gal that I met that was really effected by SOE, the one whom I shared a kiss on the cheek with at the end of camp? She\'s now married. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Here\'s an excerpt from her last e-mail:

<font color=\"red\"> Im glad you will be coming to LA! Wow, its been a year since Camp Hollywood. Well, Norris and I would love to meet you. Norris and . . . . Let me know if you need a ride from the airport. I am available if you need it. Let me know if you have time that day and what suggestions you have for things to do, any places you want to go. We\'d be more than happy to show you around. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] </font>

I got a call from her and thursday she and Norris plan to show me around old Pasedena and have lunch. They even may come to one of the camp dances. This is going to be interesting. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

What about Akemi Stewart (named her in a later story) the cute lovescent forum member that I met on Friday nite? Well she\'s somewhere in Japan and I haven\'t heard a peep from her in months. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Amanda? My old girlfriend from highschool? I just got this e-mail from her an hour ago:

<font color=\"blue\"> . . . . What day is it you’re coming down here again? It’s
    soon, isn’t it? I just got my work schedule for the next week. I’m off Monday, Tuesday and Friday, but I’m going to be babysitting Monday morning . . . . </font>

Didn\'t my last message to her say that I was coming on July 31st? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Oh, well. I hope she calls me when I get down there.

As for the pheros that I\'m taking down, I\'m gonna have to go with my stocks that I currently have. My expected shipment that contains both TE essentials, NPA/w, AE/m (haven\'t tried that yet), and a restock of PI/m hasn\'t arrived in the mail yet. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Oh well, I was looking forward to mixing up some new stuff. Hmm . . . pherhaps some WAGG combos . . . .

So how will things go this year? Will Swinger finally find that perfect dance partner that he\'s been looking for? Will there be any red paint left in town when Swinger and his best college bud Lee get through Sat nite? What surprise does Swinger have planed for his 1st Lindy Hop teacher and her fiancee Sat nite?

We\'ll y\'all gotta stay tuned! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

--------------------

<font color=\"blue\"> -SwingerMD </font>
    <font color=\"red\"> \"It Don\'t Mean a Thing if it ain\'t got that swing . . . .\" </font>
    -Duke Ellington

Default Re: LA Swing Camp Year 2

Go get \'em tiger.

I hope I speak for everyone here when I say Good Luck!

Keep us posted. (if you have time!)

Steve

Most definitely! Good luck, man.

Holmes

Phero Pro

OMG IM GONNA HAVE COMPETITION IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA NOW!??!?!!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Phero Pro

<font color=\"blue\"> Thursday July 31 4:30am
    Seattle-Tacoma International Airport </font>

<font color=\"red\"> *beep* *beep* *beep* </font>

\"I\'m sorry sir, but you\'re going to have to please sit down over there, \"the airport screener points at a chair next to a rubber matt.

*YAWN* It\'s too early for this! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

\"Ok sir, now lift up you\'re right leg,\"waves a wand around my body, \" ok . . . .\"

<font color=\"red\"> *beep* *beep* </font>

\"Whatcha got in your left . . . .\"

\"Oh I\'m sorry,\"I undo my chain to my pocketwatch,\" it\'s really early and I forgot this.\"

\"Alright, let\'s try this again.\"

<font color=\"red\"> *beep* *beep* </font>

\"You still have something in there . . . .\"

(Groan) \"Oh man, I forgot that, \"I pull out three SOE packettes from my pocket, \"these are made of . . . . \"

\"Yes they\'re made of foil, \"finishes the guard,\" Those certainly will set this off. No worries. I actually did the same thing the other day when I came to work with packettes like those. Alright, just put them in your right hand. . . . . Ok everything checks out. You\'re free to go.\"

(Phew!) I\'m glad he didn\'t bother to read the labels. That would have been embarassing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Several hours later, minus one SOE pack, and a pretty uneventful flight (Except for a very playfull three year old two rows in front. Mother appologized to the two guys in the seats in front of me that he\'s usually a lot quieter than this.), I head back to my hotel room to get dressed for the pool party at 4pm. Before going out to the pool I apply my customary 12\" of SOE. The strategy here is to get potential targets comfy around me and talking. Then work my way to -none heavy mixes at the end of the trip.

\"Hey there!\", A familiar Seattle dancer with blonde hair waves at me,\"I\'ve seen you around. You\'re from Seattle! Hi I\'m Amy and this is . . . .\"

\"Yes I know, Wayne and I meet at Swing Out Northwest. How are you two doing? Oh I\'m . . . .\"

After an hour of swinging in the pool, Wayne and Amy leave so I head off to the hot tub.

\"Hi there. Are you here for Camp Hollywood? (I nod) Cool. I\'m Annika and this is Yasmine.\"

\"I\'m SwingerMD and I\'m from Seattle . . . .\"

Annika is a brown haired, brown eyed 5\'11\" well sculpted, Starbucks barrista from Santa Cruz. And Yasmine is a 5\'6\" frizzy brown haired blue-eyed elem. school teacher from Aneheim.

\"Oh wow, I have a friend here that\'s a elem teacher in Pasedena . . . .\"
    Unfortunately the conversation has a quite a few long pauses and they both climb out within 20 min. Hmm . . . the SOE must have been neutralized by now. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The opening dance later that nite is not really packed to my surprise. It\'s barely overflowing to the second dance floor. The ratio from men to women is about equal. What gives? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

\"Swinger, last year was the fifth anniversery of Camp Hollywood,\" answers Scott, \"I think that\'s why last year was so busy. Don\'t worry it\'s only the first nite and I everyone will probably be here tomorrow morning.\"

\"I hope you\'re right man. . . . .\"

--------------------

<font color=\"red\"> \"It Don\'t Mean a Thing if it ain\'t got that swing . . . .\" </font>
    -Duke Ellington

Phero Pro

<font color=\"blue\"> Friday August 1st 11:50am </font>

<font color=\"red\"> Gettin\' Dizzy Wid It </font>

<font color=\"yellow\"> \". . . . it\'s now the leads\' turn. First do one basic . . . change hands . . . then the follow plants while the leads spin. Let\'s see if you all can do one spin before you attempt two. </font>

<font color=\"red\"> *whoosh* *whoosh* </font>

\"Oh wow! You\'ve done this before haven\'t you? You\'re so good!\"

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] \"Well . . . uh . . . I actually haven\'t done this move before . . . uh . . .\"

\". . . , my name is . . . . You know I also have so much trouble remembering names Swinger. Hmm . . . its kinda funny that I remember yours and we just . . . .\"

<font color=\"yellow\"> \"Rotate!\" </font>

\"Oh, gotta go! Nice meeting you Swinger!\"

\"Yeah nice meetting you . . . uh . . . . [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] \"

(Yawn) Hey everyone! It\'s almost the end of Spin &amp; Turn Techniques class. Before my first class I put on my standard 12\" of SOE. So far the idea is to get friendly with as many follows as possible then spring the mixes with -none on them on Saturday and Sunday. Tonight I\'m meeting up with Amanda, my old girlfriend from high school. Since I don\'t have any NPA/w to mix with WAGG, I\'ve mixed WAGG with SOE. I hope this gets some pretty interesting results from Amanda and everyone else at the dance. Unfortunately the SOE I\'m wearing doesn\'t help me remember . . . .

\"Hi Swinger! Feeling more rested today?\"

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

\"I\'m . . ., we danced last night, remember?\"

\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] . . . [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . . . Oh yea, you wear wearing that pretty butterfly top last night . . . BTW, what was your name again? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] \"

Yup, I\'m having the darndest time remembering names this morning. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

<font color=\"blue\"> Ten minutes later, on the way up to the loby . . . . </font>

\"Hey Ernie! Remember me? I\'m SwingerMD.\"

\"From Seattle.\"

\"We meet last year. You were talking with my friend Emma . . . .\"

\"Sorry, I do have a bunch of friends from Seattle . . . I meet an asian chap last year . . . you\'re height . . . glasses . . . [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Oh I remember now!\"

\"What gives man? It\'s been a year and I still remember you.\"

\"Well, \"spreads out his hands\" everyone remembers Ernie! BTW my wife and I were havening sex in bed last night in the hotel and my daughter wanted to watch so . . . . \"

Same old Ernie! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<font color=\"blue\"> Thai Resturaunt Somewhere in Montebello 6pm </font>
    <font color=\"red\"> WAGG &amp; SOE, A Combo Made in Hell </font>

\". . . I\'m sorry Swinger if it appears that I\'ve led you on . . . .\"

\". . . I really like to have things out in the open and not play games. I\'m just interested in you as a <font color=\"red\"> friend </font> . I\'m not planning to settle down, in fact I want to travel to . . . .\"

Whoa! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] And this is the answer that I get for asking her if could see herself having children sometime in the future? Should I continue using this combo at the dance tonight? Hmm . . . perhaps this is just an isolated incident. Maybe this attracts different kinda people . . . .

<font color=\"blue\"> Several hours later at the dance . . . . </font>

\"Hey Swinger! Looks like grandma wants to dance with you!\"

I look up and see another 50+ woman grinning at me and motioning me over to dance.

\"Why don\'t you dance with her Scott. I really need to grab some water I\'ve been dancing to about ten songs in a row.\"

I go into the hallway and head for the nearest water cooler, but before I can fill a cup. . . .

\"Hey guy!\"

I turn around and I\'m instantly blinded by bright lights and have a microphone shoved into my face.

\"What\'s you\'re name and where your\'e from? Tell us what you think about Camp Hollywood.\"

\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] . . . I uh . . . [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] . . .\"

<font color=\"blue\"> Fifteen minutes, one embarassing interview, and several senior dances later . . . . </font>

\"Don\'t worry Swinger, if it\'s as bad as you say, I\'m sure they won\'t use that footage for the camp review video. Look on the bright side, with all of these women that you\'re dancing with tonight I\'m sure that you\'ll have no problem finding a partner for the Intergenerational dance on Sunday night. Oh here comes another one now! You must be in the zone tonight man!\"

\"Uh Scott I really need to go to the bathroom and wash my face (and my neck, behind my ears, and my arms very throughly). I\'ve been sweating pretty bad all night long.\"

--------------------

lol

Nice update Swinger!

BTW I think combining SOE and WAGG can be dangerous, accept when you are wearing lots of -none aswell.

Yeah, given Swinger\'s testimony, I guess \"dangerous\" would be a good word for it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Man...

Holmes

Phero Pro

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    BTW I think combining SOE and WAGG can be dangerous, accept when you are wearing lots of -none aswell.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Now ya tell me! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

--------------------

Thread Information