Close

Journeyman

Default Edge Essentials - Test Run tonight

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Okay,so I just got my bottle of the NEW Edge Essentials \"Heat\" Formula. I will be testing it tonight at this bar i goto every wed. Its usually pretty packed, with lots of women, so im hoping i can get some hits, if not, a few nibbles. Anyway, as for application, I was gonna go with 2 sprays one to the chest, one to the back of the neck. Hopefully, I\'ll post results tonight ( if im not too drunk when i get home) if not tomorrow. Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed..... I\'m so excited.

Default Re: Edge Essentials - Test Run tonight

Tremann, what\'s the fragrance like? Can you compare it to other colognes, etc? What kind of bottle/delivery system is it?

I just ordered the cedarwood one myself... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Holmes

Journeyman

It\'s kind of a citrusy fragrance, I think, I\'m not very good at identifying smells (i\'m a smoker) it smells really good though, as far as i can tell. the bottle is pretty much identical to TE, except for the label of course. It\'s deceiving in the picture on the main website, as it shows it with a simple screw on cap, EE comes with a pump-spray, same as TE.

Journeyman

oh yeah, If anyone can help , I\'m trying to decide whether or not to use a cover with this. I\'m not sure it will need it, as the essential oils are scented, but then again, there\'s always that chance of piss smell from the TE. Any replies within 1/2 hour would be helpful (i\'m leaving at 7:15)

You won\'t need any cover scent if it\'s already scented. So any hits last night? I\'m thinking of buying it.

I\'ve been using Heat and the fragrance seems to cover the pheros very well. I don\'t know if it is just the essential oil or a combo of that with the pheros, but it smells a little like pathouli oil to me.

Bruce

Journeyman

Ok well,as for last night. Applied 2 sprays of EE. as expected the clary sage and vetiver gave me a very relaxed effect, even moreso than nol or rone. I felt really confident on the same end too, as well as talkative. Anyway, got a few looks in the bar nothing I would consider a true DIHL. It\'s pretty much a blur, (I drink heavily when I goto this place, $12 unlimited beer 8-10). But for some reason, I ended up leaving with 3 new phone numbers. I\'m not sure if it was the EE, my charm or both. I would say the confidence factor definitely played into it , either way, normally im shy and last night I was talking to whoever I wanted. In anycase, a good night all in all, most likely at least partially thanks to EE.

Did you smell like piss after a while?...... answer me DAMMIT!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Journeyman

No, I mean people werent avoiding me, and My friends who were there definitely would have said something about it.

lol ok.. How about you Bruce, smell anything funky [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]?

Genome335,

The fragrances of both EE\'s are very pronounced and seem to cover the scent of the pheros very handily.

Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Phero Enthusiast

How about an Essential NPA? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Stranger

Instead of waiting for an Essential NPA to become available, why not DIY one instead. I\'m currently covering my NPA with pure sandalwood oil. I find that sandalwood oil masks very effectively the \'hair of dog/cat piss\' odor of the NPA which I find to be very offensive.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

You have the right idea felix. I\'ve always mixed EO\'s into bottles of Edge (sandalwood, bay, benzoin, cedar, costus, patcholi, ambrette and others). Why?

1. Keeps them from dissipating all at once. (EO\'s function as a fixative for the mones.)

2. Reduces OD risk.

3. Enhances smell and effects.

4. Discourages bacteria growth during the day.

One thing I will advise: Add enough pure grain alcohol (e.g., Everclear) to the sandalwood oil to make it runny first, otherwise it won\'t really dissolve or combine. I don\'t know if LaCroy does this, but it is the best way to achieve the above effects.

Journeyman

I want to do an AE/TE(in this case EE mix) , I am wondering if its a good idea to use a cover scent. W/ the other TE, obviously yes, but this new stuff, I dont know its already scented, along with the AE.

Does anyone else think that TE could do with being less concentrated?

Interesting idea. Of course, you can just add water when your bottle gets down to try.

I wouldn\'t mind having TE be a little weaker. Since it comes in a spray bottle, I would hope that a spray would not be an OD, but for many people, it apparently is, and they have to resort to dabbing.

I remember about a week ago, I had on 2 sprays of sandlewood TE (1 on the chest, 1 on the neck). As I was on the bus going to work, a family walked on the bus and they had a baby kid with them. As soon as the kid was close to me, she started crying! As soon as I got out of my seat to get of the bus, I looked back and noticed that she had stopped crying! A couple minutes later, I walked into a Walgreens to get a soda before going up to work. I lined up, and a couple seconds later, a mother holding her baby lined up right behind me. As soon as they lined up, the baby started crying! After I paid for my drink and left, I noticed the baby stopped crying! Obviously these could both just be coincedences, but I\'m normally very good with kids, plus I was wearing what is considered to be, by many in this forum, an OD of TE.

I\'ll probably try just one spray next time, but I\'m not sure if I should put it on my neck or on my chest (since a shirt may cover the mones on the chest). If I can get a reaction out of one spray, then I may want to also consider putting some WAGG or SOE on as well to counteract the possible intimidation factor. I may also try a spray of TE and may a dab or two as well. Any advice would be great.

Phero Enthusiast

Hi,

this reminds me to the observation that I had several more or less \'hits\' with mothers of little babies when I was shopping. In this cases I usually wore one spray TE sandalwood in the neck, usually covered. Sometimes with one or two drops of wagg or a little SoE.

Maybe they like the male smell together with the fact that I\'m friendly, relaxed, but show no interest in them (because I AM not sexually interested in them).

MysteriousMan

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    Interesting idea. Of course, you can just add water when your bottle gets down to try.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I normally find myself diluting it when i apply anyway, even when i dab i try to spread it very thinly. I wonder what happened to the development of the less concentrated version, because there was talk of one, with the current stronger version being renamed \"Pro Edge\".

I think what happened is that LaCroy has been focusing on other new products and ideas. I know I forgot to bring that up with Daryn when he asked me for suggestions.

Besides, no one has really experimented with different dilutions/spraying, etc. So who knows if it would work better. It\'s dilute enough now to put half-dabs on all my \"hot spots.\" How would you imagine using a more dilute version?

A much more usable spray application.

I\'m finding that 1 spray is slightly too much even if really spread out, not that it is giving OD reactions, but rather wasting product. As you may have picked up I\'m a big fan of covering a large suface of skin with relatively low concentrations of product (usually chest), with a few more concentrated points (chin, neck, crotch etc.)

Great feedback about the concentration. Early on it became obvious that Edge was not something you could spray on like cologne. Actually, it comes from the factory with screw on lids like you see in the E-Edge photo with the spray top thrown in on the side as an option. Tammy has gotten into the habit of switching the lids as the sprayers were getting broken during shipping, which has lead to some ODing for newbies. At the moment, we are still in pretty good shape with Edge as a product, because we sell it only by mail and our customers are pretty much \"pros\" at mixing, diluting etc. BUT... in talks with LaCroy, we figured if we were going to sell Edge other than by mail/internet, we better make something more user-friendly for the mass-market. This would include a number of changes none of which would interest the \"pros\" much, so we got the idea of continuing the current Edge as Pro Edge, and coming up with a diluted (and cheaper) and probably better-packaged Edge for \"normal\" shoppers.

But as you have guessed, the idea got pushed back to the back burner with all the other stuff going on over at LaCroy. Some other cool stuff going on too.

Bruce

\"Some other cool stuff going on too.

Bruce\"

Hints??

Still too soon for the most interesting stuff, but a gel/packet version of one of the scented Edges (either E-Edge or the sandalwood/vanilla Edge) shouldn\'t be too far down the road.
    Bruce

Thanks for clearing that up Bruce.

I\'m not sure if I would buy a less concentrated Edge, because it is quite easy just to do it myself, but for the mass market I would agree a more instantly accessable and usable product is ideal.

I didn\'t actually notice EE was a non-spray which I think is a better way to sell it.

That\'s what NPA\'s for, making a high or low concentration of the ingredients.

Thread Information