Close

Stranger

Default A Newbie\'s Bull Run

visit-red-300x50PNG
    The stuff: AE/m - 2 drops on wrists, 2 drops on neck - on me for a couple hours beforehand
    The experience: Newbie, possible OD feared
    The guy: Single white male, 21 y/o, 6\'2\", 185 lbs., average looks and on this particular night, probably wearing the absolute worst clothes that are in my closet - an incorrectly bleached, and therefore faded Calvin Klein t-shirt and these dumb checkered shorts that I only wear when I am not expecting to be seen by anyone important; imagine my luck
    The setting: The local Steak & Shake - approx 3AM

After working late one night on a project at the office, I decided to head on over to Steak & Shake (S&S) for a bite to eat. I was hungry and thought I could kill 2 birds with one stone; eat and test -mones if given the opportunity.

Immediately after walking through the front door to the establishment, there she was...hunched over a dining table, cleaning it up after the previous customers; her cute little rear staring me right back. She was the kind of girl I could tell I liked even before she turned around. And when she did turn around... ohhh man. Blonde hair done up in cute little double-pony-tails and lips that could melt a cheese sandwich from across the room.

As it turned out that night; she was the only waitress. And I was the only customer. The customers before me were just exiting the building as I got there.

She gave me an enthusiastic \"Hi!\" - I returned one and asked why there were so many tables to bus when there appeared to be no one in the place. She kinda laughed and told me she was just being lazy. I chuckled and sat down at a 2-seater. She looked at me...oddly and went to go get her little pad to take my order. I think she kinda tripped over something on her way back. Very adorable.

When she came back to take my drink order, the top part of her white S&S undershirt was unbuttoned. She caught me looking at the exposed skin and said with a smile \"Sorry, its kinda hot in here\"

It sure was.

She took my drink order and we chatted for awhile while she was performing various misc tasks, but always keeping close by. When she came back with my drink order, she was ULTRA-attentive afterwards and I was thinkin \"Kinda lazy? Yeah, right.\" For my meal, I ordered a chocolate shake and a chilli mac supreme dinner; when the shake arrived, it had tons of whipped cream, was drowned in chocolate chips, had a cookie sticking out the top and had 4 cherries. My chilli mac supreme was HUGE and so was my salad. She kept asking me if there was anything else I needed after I had ordered. She loaded the little table down with tons of crackers and extra crap I never even knew S&S had. When I made a comment about the extremely large amount of chocolate chips in the shake, she began to fiercely apologize and said she was sorry if it was too much. I assured her that it was fine and that I loved it. Sometimes she kinda mumbled, which made some of the things she was saying difficult to understand. She made a comment about hating bussing tables, then quickly remarked \"Except yours.\"

Needless to say, we were both having a good time. We talked for about an hour while after my meal I drank glass after glass of water to sorta justify why I was hanging around at my table for so long.

Ok, so I HAD to make a serious move at this point or regret not doing so. I was thinking of a great, no-risk approach for almost the entire time I was there.

And then it hit me. Customer satisfaction cards. Bingo.

While I was talking to her, I asked her for a pen, which she happily oblidged, and began filling out the card. Service: Excellent. Cleanliness: Eh...what the heck, Excellent. Promptness of order: Excellent. Additional comments: (some good stuff susposedly to her boss about her making this the most pleasant dining experience ever, etc etc, how she deserves a raise, etc etc...and then on the last part, I fill out the areas with my name, address, and cell phone number. I hand her back the pen and toss her the card with a nice \"Thank you\"

She smiles and...what\'s this? Yep...pockets the card. Hey, aren\'t they susposed to turn those things in? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

She cashes me out, almost hopping up and down with an amazing amount of energy (mmm). We talk a little more, say our goodbyes and then I leave the scene.

And that is that...for now.

By the way: NOTHING even remotely like that has EVER happened to me in my entire life. I mean, most of the time, waitresses just more or less ignore me and go about their business.

Phero Pro

Default Re: A Newbie\'s Bull Run

Greg,

Welcome to the forum! Great post! Very good idea about the comment card [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . <font color=\"red\"> *Swinger smacks himself on the forehead* </font>
    Why didn\'t I think of that? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

--------------------

-SwingerMD

Nice post! AE strikes again. Thanks Greg.

Holmes

Phero Pro

I hope for your sake she will give you a call. Let us know. You should have taken the risk and showed a set and got her number.

Journeyman

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    I hope for your sake she will give you a call. Let us know. You should have taken the risk and showed a set and got her number.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Agreed.

Stranger

You\'re probably right.

But either way, she did, and it looks like I\'ll see her again this Saturday night.

Journeyman

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    You\'re probably right.

But either way, she did, and it looks like I\'ll see her again this Saturday night.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Cheers! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

nice...
    Good Job Greg...

Thread Information